Brasília Travel Answers

change location

HOW CAN I GO FROM SAO PAULO TO BRASILIA BY BUS??

by mirandafidel Online Now Sep 18, 2010 at 4:19 PM

I want to go to Brasilia by land, does anyone knows a transport companie?? I know that its a long trip, 16 hours! but i want to travel by bus, so please help me!!! :)

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • rkearns's Profile Photo

Re: HOW CAN I GO FROM SAO PAULO TO BRASILIA BY BUS??

by rkearns Online Now Sep 18, 2010 at 5:11 PM

just go to the sao paulo train station and look for the post that says "brasilia" and buy a ticket. boy are you in for a long ride! you may have to wait a couple of hours before departure but they do crazy stuff along the way like stop to wash the back window, and of course, that takes about 45 minutes. but at least it's comfortable. i am thinking it will take longer than 16 hours but i have never ridden that route.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RoseFerreira's Profile Photo

Re: HOW CAN I GO FROM SAO PAULO TO BRASILIA BY BUS??

by RoseFerreira Online Now Sep 19, 2010 at 8:38 PM

As the others said it would be mush better you go by plane, because you are going on a low season time, but if you still want to do by bus you should know that the INT'L AIRPORT GRU you will find a a purchase desk so you can buy your bus ticket to the Rodoviária do Tiete (where the buses parture to Brazilia). In this site you will find informations on departure times and arrival times in Brazilia and how many stops each bus has. emsampa.com.br/busjan/df_128... - you will find one called "leito" this one is a very good bus that the chairs realy go back, so you can sleep the wrole trip. I don't know you travel dates but I checked the airplanes rates and if you book in advance you will always get better rates.

In www.voegol.com.br you will find fees for R$164,00 leaving 7:00 a.m. in the morning and arriving Brasilia at 8:40 (this will be around US$95,00) if you plane arrives on top of that time the next flight will cost RS$229 (US$131) and your way back to S.P. Int'l airport GRU will cost almost the same thing, not more.

If you need further information please let me know. byby

• Re: HOW CAN I GO FROM SAO PAULO TO BRASILIA BY BUS??

by sartorial Online Now May 3, 2011 at 9:41 AM

Besides all that have already been written above, the voyage is dull, there's not much of interesting landscape to see, the buses are, at best, fair, and you can find air ticket rates very close to those of the buses.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Brasília