Brasília Travel Answers

change location
alamar's Profile Photo

Half a day of tourism in Brasilia

by alamar Online Now Apr 17, 2010 at 5:24 PM

Hi, I will pass by Brasilia and I just have half a day free for some sightseeing, from midday to evening. I would appreciate suggestions on places to visit. They should be easily accesible by bus or taxi, open on a Monday, and also safe for a woman by herself.
In order to orient your suggestions, I like architecture, street markets, music and ethnic food, but I am also open to other suggestions of spots if they are out of those categories. Thanks!

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • bahiana77's Profile Photo

Re: Half a day of tourism in Brasilia

by bahiana77 Online Now Apr 17, 2010 at 6:14 PM

Brasilia doesn't really have a lot of street life of the type you describe, at least not easily found. The "basic" overview described above is probably enough to check the box on your "been there" list. I find the architecture very dated and boring myself, but others disagree. Do see the inside of the Cathedral, though, an airy space filled with angels. Anything else is a little further afield. My favorite place is (one of) the big swimming pool(s) at the national park, at he faaaaaaaaaaar end of the asa norte. There is a bus, but it doesn;t run all that often. Sometimes the museum has an art/ethnic show worth going out there for. The JK bridge is the best architecture in town. There is a good feira, actually a couple, on the outskirts of town...waaaaaaay on the outskirts. Any decent restaurants, some with music at night, are in the shopping streets in each superquadra. The lake is a nice stroll, but is most lively at night.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • alamar's Profile Photo

Re: Half a day of tourism in Brasilia

by alamar Online Now Apr 19, 2010 at 2:18 PM

Thank you two for the tips.

• Re: Half a day of tourism in Brasilia

by sartorial Online Now May 3, 2011 at 9:45 AM

just ask to be dropped on the Praça dos três poderes, and you can be the most of the town by foot. If you still have the time, you can take the metro and go to Feira do Guará - a market with food and clothes, mainly.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Brasília