Brasília Travel Answers

change location

kids

by UKBRASIL Online Now Aug 27, 2005 at 4:57 PM

Hi does anyone have any good suggestions of fun educational places to visit, i have a little boy 1 year 5 months, i recently moved here from UK, ont thing i really miss is, in UK we have Mother and baby groups, you can go and chill out with other mothers it is a very nice way to find a small community. Also where can I find people who speak good english, of course i am learning portuguese and i love it!! but sometimes i cant think in portuguese and really want to express myself in english. Early days yet here, any advice would be warmly welcome. Im also interested in textile design, pattern design for fabric, and any kind of art projects, i love painting and drawing and was teaching in UK, i studied Graphics many years ago too.

thankyou folks, i must say does no one writein portuguese in this forum, seems strange and I find hard to meet english speakers.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • silnik's Profile Photo

RE: kids

by silnik Online Now Aug 28, 2005 at 11:28 AM

You should register yourself at th British Embassy in Brasilia
    Embaixada do Reino Unido, Brasília (DF)
    SES 801 Conj. K Lote 8
    Brasília DF 70200-010
    Tel: +55 (61) 3329 2300
    Fax: +55 (61) 3329 2369
    Telefone para emergências (fora do horário de expediente): +55 (61) 9658 8887
    E-mail Embassy
    Horário de atendimento ao público:
    Seg-Qui: 08h30 às 13h00 e 14h00 to 17h30
    Sextas: 08h30 to 12h30 good luck

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: kids

by Brasilfrown Online Now Mar 24, 2007 at 4:56 AM

There is an English-speaking playgroup in Brasilia. Members are diplomatic families and other expats from a number of different countries, as well as some local families, but English is the default communication language among the group members. Send a message to BrasiliaPlaygroup-owner@yahoogroups.com introducing yourself, and the coordinator will respond (& will ask for further info. if needed).

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Brasília