Branson Travel Answers

change location

THINGS TO DO PRICES ARE THEY CRAZY ?

by TIMTRAVELS Online Now May 14, 2005 at 1:26 AM

MY WIFE AND I WILL BE IN BRANSON AT THE END OF JULY IS THIS PLACE AS OVER PRICED AS VEGAS HAS BECOME? HOW IS THE PRICING AT LANDRYS SEA FOOD? AT THE MGM IN VEGAS THE BUFFET IS21 HOPEFULLY BRANSON IS MORE REALISTIC SUGGESTIONS WE ARE IN OUR 40S IT SEEMS LIKE LOTS OF OLDER PEOPLE GO THERE WILL WE FIT IN? WELL LOTS OF QUESTIONS SO THANKS FOR THE HELP

TIM

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • vanderlust's Profile Photo

RE: THINGS TO DO PRICES ARE THEY CRAZY ?

by vanderlust Online Now May 16, 2005 at 11:19 AM

Last time I was in Branson (1999 or so) things were reasonibly priced. Nothin like Vegas. Branson bills itself as a family destination and does it's best to live up to that including reasonable rates for families. I would imagine that the Landry's there is priced in line with Landry's around the country. It was not there when I visited but I have found that the Landry's chain is consistant around the country. Try this website and see if it answers some questions.
    getawaysaver.com/branson/lan...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: THINGS TO DO PRICES ARE THEY CRAZY ?

by Eeya22 Online Now Jun 23, 2005 at 7:31 AM

No, Branson is not priced like Vegas. Branson bills itself as a low priced family destination. You will be able to find inexpensive rooms, food, and activities. I'm not sure how Landry's is priced (I'm not a fan of seafood and never eat there), but I'm sure it's comparible to the rest of the country. The buffet's are reasonable (expect8 -15 a person). I's suggest the Grand Country Buffet. Branson draws two primary crowds, old people and families with children. A lot of the theaters have shows that appeal to an older crowd (e.g. Andy Williams), but Branson is starting to diversify with theaters that offer other kinds of entertainment (cirque, Chinese acrobats, comedy, magic, dance, plays, etc.). There are a lot of activities to do if you have kid. There are also three outlet malls for shopping, and three lakes for fishing and water activities. If you don't have kids, and you have enough time in your trip, I would suggest going down to Eureka Springs, AR for a day. It's about an hour drive through pretty country to an old Victorian village in the hills. A very romantic kind of place.

• Fordarama's Profile Photo

RE: THINGS TO DO PRICES ARE THEY CRAZY ?

by Fordarama Online Now Jun 5, 2006 at 7:42 AM

There are alot of discount places to get discounts on food and hotels and shows. The best place in Branson to get a dicounts is branson 2 for1. It is located across the street from the new titanic museum. You can also visit them online at www.branson2for1tickets.com/
    An an new addition to Branson is the Branson landing area, it has great open air shopping and resturaunts, condo's and a new water feature that was built by the same people that built the fountain in Las Vegas at the Bellagio.

• RE: THINGS TO DO PRICES ARE THEY CRAZY ?

by slovewell Online Now Jun 13, 2006 at 11:19 PM

I go to Branson nearly every summer just mainly because I love it there. Branson is very family oriented and tour groups go there all the time. Landry's is very good I've eaten there once before, you may want to try Joe's Crab Shack they are in the same franchise with each other, but Joe's is a little cheaper and it has a fun atmosphere, Landry's is a dressy clothes type of place.

• hhawkins's Profile Photo

Re: THINGS TO DO PRICES ARE THEY CRAZY ?

by hhawkins Online Now Apr 30, 2007 at 12:35 PM

I think you will find Branson to be very reasonable. Yes, it is expensive, but not like Vegas. Hotels are40-$65 for a nice place. Food at all prices. Live shows are25-$35 per person, but you will find lots of coupons. Silver Dollar City is a true theme park, and is one of the best.

Some good sources of information include:
    www.BransonAndBeyond.com
    www.1Branson.com
    www.BransonCourier.com

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines