Branson Travel Answers

change location

Branson

by MissKarina Online Now May 15, 2004 at 4:03 PM

Hi, I will be travelling to Branson next month with my parents, sister, brother-in-law and 2 small children. I know nothing about Branson, and hear it is a good place for family fun. Any advice on must-sees and things to do? Thanks! Karina

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • ghosthunter's Profile Photo

Re: Branson

by ghosthunter Online Now May 15, 2004 at 4:14 PM

Hi Karina, I must admit i have never been to that part of the US, but www.branson.com would be a good place for you to start. It certainly looks a lovely area. Darren.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Robachu1's Profile Photo

by Robachu1 Online Now May 16, 2004 at 12:11 AM

The most important thing is, if you are driving be sure to study and memorize the alternate route map for getting around the town of Branson. If you get yourself stuck on the strip (highway 76) you may find you've spent your entire vacation sitting in your car. http://www.branson.com/map/strip.html I think Silver Dollar City is a must see especially since you have children.........There is a lot to see and do, including short musical performances, a petting zoo of farm animals, and of course rides. Celebration City is predominately rides but does have an amazing lazer light show just before closing that will astound the children in your group (just be sure to stake out your seat early because it fills up quick. Also, although if you enjoy water parks White Water looks like a good one. Unfortunately when my family went to Branson last summer we did not have time to try it out. The shows are surprisingly good and inexpensive. There are many different types to choose from incl. musical performances(mostly country, oldies, and tributes to stars from the past), acrobats (good and not crowded), magicians, and comedians. The most popular is surprisingly enough Shoji Tabuchi, a Japanese violinist. As luck would have it, he was on holiday while we were there. Take a look at this site for some other information. http://www.branson-missouri.com/ Also you might consult AAA if you are a member about special discounts and ticket purchases.

• horsinround2's Profile Photo

by horsinround2 Online Now May 17, 2004 at 10:44 PM

My mom & I just went to the Dixie Stampede a couple of weeks ago - great show and HUGE dinner to go with it. Yes, the food was good. I haven't seen any other shows down there yet, but should be going to a couple this weekend. I'll let you know how they are.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines