Bournemouth

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• places to eat

Rotherham Dec 17, 2014 at 2:48 PM

Best places to eat near rotherham theatre there's 11 of us Inc a 4 year old. For Sunday evening.

more
    • Luggage storage

Southampton Dec 11, 2014 at 1:17 AM

Is there a facility or company in Southampton that stores luggage while I'm off touring UK?

more
    • behappy30's Profile Photo

Peppa Pig World

Hampshire Nov 30, 2014 at 9:35 AM

Hi! I'm preparing a 4 days break to Peppa Pig World with my children (next may). I would like to know if there is any advantage buying tickets in advance via web. Also If tickets allow the entrance to Paulton's Park and if is it good for 3 years old children, and any other advice you can give me. We'll be using a rental car. Is there any other good attraction near there?
      Thanks a lot.

more
    • Transfer between Heathrow Central and Terminal 4

Heathrow Dec 22, 2014 at 10:59 AM

Hello, i will be catching the N9 bus from Central London to Heathrow central Bus Station aiming to arrive around 5:45am. I will then need to get to Terminal 4. Is the free Heathtrow Express shuttle only Free to those who connect from other Heathrow Express services or anyone who wishes to use it. Thank You

more
    • Regarding connection times at London Heathrow

London Dec 17, 2014 at 1:42 PM

My thanks to all of you that replied to my questions about the connection time for flights at Terminal 5. Certainly put our minds at rest and we shall now relax and if necessary implement some very good suggestions should things go 'pear shaped'!!! We are tackling route 66 over four weeks so any more problems and i shall come calling !!! Once again thank you all.

Regards
      Alan

more
    • URGENT - Grainstore Apartments next to Excel London

London Dec 9, 2014 at 6:32 PM

Does anyone in London know if the Grainstore Apts. on Canary Wharf are still operating?

Their emails bounce, phone # doesn't work and the website is expired.

We have PAID reservations for tomorrow and can't get a hold of them.

Please HELP.

more
    • Souvenir UK car registration plate from London

London Dec 5, 2014 at 3:42 PM

I plan to get a license plate with my personal lettering as a souvenir from ‪‎London‬. Where to get it from?

The plate need not be original but a replica close to original would do. I like to collect the plates with my custom lettering from countries I visit. Is it possible to get one from London? Where?
      Thanks for the help.

more
    • nightclubs in wigan

Wigan Nov 28, 2014 at 3:33 PM

what was the nightclub called that was near what was intro agency?? if u went through the ally way to wallpaper suppiles it was on your right hand side.

more
    • connection times at London Heathrow

London Dec 16, 2014 at 9:03 AM

We are flying from Madrid departure 0820hrs and arriving Heathrow 0950hrs thro American but operated by Iberia. We are leaving Heathrow at 1120hrs and arriving O'Hare 1345hrs thro American but operated by BA. We have 1hr and 30mins between flights - is this enough time? Both flights arrive and depart from T5. If time is tight can we ask a member of staff for assistance in order to connect with flights ? Does anyone know the procedure for a missed flight connection? We booked the flights thro American Airlines. I assume we just both clear security and not immigration.We are both UK citizens.

more
    • SONG's Profile Photo

connection times at London Heathrow

London Dec 16, 2014 at 8:24 AM

AFJ posted in misc and said he / she was not able to post in travel. So I have C & P........

connection times at London Heathrow

by AFJ 1 hours ago

Dep Madrid 0820hrs arr Heathrow 0950hrs on American 8816 operated by Iberia. Leave Heathrow 1120hrs arr O'Hare 1345hrs on American 6195 operated by BA. Connections at Terminal 5 with 1hr 30 mins spare - will this be enough time. If time is tight what are my options - not going till May so times may change again. When we made this booking we had a two hour window but not now. Can i get a member of staff to hurry us thro if necessary? Do i have to just go thro security and not immigration. We are UK citizens.

more
    • grandmaR's Profile Photo

Rail and rental car question

London Dec 19, 2014 at 2:40 PM

I want to travel from London to Truro by train and rent a car from Enterprise on March 17th. I want to be picked up at the train station and dropped off at the airport. The Enterprise man's email does not give me a confirmation number - he seems to want me to buy a ticket on the train first. The National Rail Enquiries - Journey Planner will only give me train times up to 2015 March 12th. But www.thetrainline.com/‎

is perfectly willing to sell me a ticket for the 17th. How can I get a car reservation confirmation without a train time (is there a website I can go to?), and should I go ahead and buy a ticket through 'thetrainline' people or wait a week and get one from National Rail?

more
    • What's the fastest airside method for transferring from terminal 3 to 4?

Heathrow Dec 1, 2014 at 7:44 AM

I have a Virgin Atlantic - Delta code share flight arriving from Bombay to LHR terminal 3 and LHR - Detroit (USA) from terminal 4 since Delta is in terminal 4. I have a valid US visa so I "think" I can transit airside without a transit visa even if I am an Indian passport holder and not in the DATV list . See: gov.uk/government/uploads/sy...
      Question is what is the best way to connect between terminal 3 and 4 without picking the wrong train, subway, etc. ?

more
    • places to eat

Rotherham Dec 17, 2014 at 2:46 PM

Could you tell me were there is to eat family friendly for 11 of us before the panto on Sunday night in Rotherham thanks.

more
    • Budget accommodation and public transport.

Bamburgh Dec 5, 2014 at 6:51 AM

Is it possible to explore this area by using public transport, we are here mainly on a walking holiday but would like to use Bamburgh as a base and visit places like Lindisfarne, coastline walking to nearest villages with a return bus, maybe some walks in the Borders area? Also looking for either self catering accommodation or budget B & B for approx. 5 days in June 2015. Would appreciate any suggestions. Also does anyone know what season the puffins may be visible in this area. Thank you

more
    • Do i need a transit visa?

Heathrow Dec 9, 2014 at 8:33 AM

I have a philippine passport and a valid irish visa. I booked a through-ticket flight via etihad which requires me to stay at heathrow for less than 3 hours while waiting for my connecting flight. I will be arriving by terminal 4 and departing by terminal 2 on my way to ireland. Will i be needing a transit visa?

more
    • Public transportation to Loo from St. Ives?

Saint Ives Dec 8, 2014 at 8:18 AM

We're a party of three seniors heading for St. Ives and wondered if there was bus service to Loo? We're travelling in early April of this coming year and would love to spend a night in Loo but dare not rent a car as we're from the US and the roads are daunting to us. Can anyone assist in public transportation information to Loo from St. Ives?

more
    • is anything open in february in scarborough,?

Scarborough Dec 6, 2014 at 3:01 AM

Wondering if the amusements etc are all open

more
    • Visitor visa for transit?

Heathrow Dec 3, 2014 at 12:02 PM

Hi I have a visitor visa for uk. Is that okay to transit Heathrow with ?

more
    • paddington28's Profile Photo

Art deco hotels

London Dec 11, 2014 at 6:56 PM

Does any one know,what area i should look for in London for art deco hotels,with either afternoon tea or 2 nights acomadation as a gift to a newly wed couple,not fusssed on price as 5 of us will be chipping in

more
    • Travelling to London August 2015. Cost of living ??

London Dec 11, 2014 at 2:14 PM

Hello everyone, how are you?

I'm travelling to London for a 7 days holiday, next summer (August) with a friend. And as I lived there from 1996 to 2007, I know how expensive London can be for a tourist, compared to any other city in Europe (unless, of course, you from Norway or Japan). So this time I'll go as a tourist, as there are things I never did or visited when I lived there.

Since it's been 7 years I left London (by the way I miss London so much), I don't actually know what is the cost of living in London for a budget tourist at this moment in time. I've already booked the flight, accommodation and London Pass, for London attractions + Travelcard which costed me a total of €700 (about £560) all inclusive.

Having done that (flight, accommodation, pass and travel card), what remains is food, drink and entertainment. So I was thinking on a (low) budget of £60/£80 (€76/€100) per day (that's £420(€530) for 7 days). What do you think? Can we live on or spend our holiday with this budget for a week? We obviously won't be spending £60/£80 a day, everyday. Surely we'll go clubbing a couple of times, some evenings we'll go to a pub or a bar with music and stuff like that, and then we'll get some souvenirs for friends and family back home!

Also we'd like to go to see Stonehenge (if we can squeeze some time in), on a day trip. What is the fastest way to get there and how much do you does it costs?

Thank you in advance friends!

Take care !!!

francis_opalm@yahoo.it

more
    • Must see things in London

London Dec 4, 2014 at 9:48 AM

I have a few friends coming over to London who want to to see the genuine underbelly of the city. We all know about big Ben and the Houses of parliament, but I was wondering if there are any more lesser know but equally as iconic things to visit in London.

more
    • Is 90 min enough for check in?

Heathrow Dec 15, 2014 at 3:38 AM

Hello, I am traveling from Paddington to Heathrow Terminal 5 on sunday, and first train leaves at 6,25. My flight is at 8,25 (European), is it enough time to check in and pass security?
      Thanks

more
    • Things to do for free

London Dec 1, 2014 at 5:07 AM

Hi.

I will be at London between the 5th and 12 of december. What I can't miss in London during those days?
      Anything for free?
      By the way, which markets can I visit?

Thanks!
      Best Regards..

more
    • Do I need a visa for transit in London Airport

London Nov 27, 2014 at 4:29 AM

Hi All. I need help to confirm if we need to have a visa, since we are running out of time. our flights is tomorrow with my wife and kid infant going to manila from Florence Italy but we need to transfer to London City Airport to Heathrow for 6hours available time to transfer. do we need the visa? we are just holding filipino passport and working permit in Italy.

Thank you

more
    • connection times at London Heathrow

London Dec 16, 2014 at 6:34 AM

Dep Madrid 0820hrs arr Heathrow 0950hrs on American 8816 operated by Iberia. Leave Heathrow 1120hrs arr O'Hare 1345hrs on American 6195 operated by BA. Connections at Terminal 5 with 1hr 30 mins spare - will this be enough time. If time is tight what are my options - not going till May so times may change again. When we made this booking we had a two hour window but not now. Can i get a member of staff to hurry us thro if necessary? Do i have to just go thro security and not immigration. We are UK citizens.

more
    • accommodation nightlife

by johnbeam Online Now Apr 21, 2014 at 4:15 AM

for a 3 night break thursday/saturday, where would you stay if: you were 60, thinking, feeling 40, most of the time; also, what kind of nightlife/bars would you look for

2 Answers Dec 15, 2014 at 4:35 AM
    • Cheapest place to stay

by honorf90 Online Now Mar 19, 2014 at 3:52 AM

me and my friend are staying in bournemouth for a girls night but want to know the cheapest place possible to get our heads down for the night? Not looking for anything fancy just a bed and toilet and obviously to be safe. Any locals know some good places? On a proper budget!! Thanks :)

4 Answers Mar 19, 2014 at 8:41 AM
    • LaneyF's Profile Photo

80's night

by LaneyF Online Now Feb 18, 2014 at 1:04 AM

got a group of girls coming to Bournemouth in May is there an 80s themed establishment we could spend our evening in please?

• Odeon parking

by Cally13 Online Now Oct 8, 2013 at 12:16 PM

Anywhere to park for cinema without parking fees thanks in advance

2 Answers Oct 8, 2013 at 1:19 PM
    • what can we do for entertainment?

by shadowfax11 Online Now Oct 1, 2013 at 1:20 PM

Friday night, Bournemouth, November 8th, 13 lads. what shall we do?

5 Answers Feb 22, 2014 at 8:40 PM
    • New years eve!

by Ems_16 Online Now Sep 25, 2013 at 12:54 AM

Is bournemouth any good for new years eve?

1 Answer Sep 25, 2013 at 9:15 AM
    • Where to go!

by Katiexyx Online Now Sep 24, 2013 at 3:32 PM

Hi, I am due to visit bournemouth in a couple of weeks for a hen do weekend. I am trying to plan where to go on a Friday night. Ideally we would like to visit a few bars and then move on to a club. Can anyone recommend anywhere which are all in close proximity of one another?

2 Answers Sep 25, 2013 at 2:21 PM
    • valeriealicejones's Profile Photo

trip to norway

by valeriealicejones Online Now Mar 18, 2013 at 5:11 PM

does any one know how to get from skjolden ,norway to the flam railway ,norway on
      public transport

1 Answer Mar 19, 2013 at 2:14 AM
    • LouiseTopp's Profile Photo

Moving from Salisbury to bournemouth - what area's should i go for, and avoid please?

by LouiseTopp Online Now Mar 3, 2012 at 9:16 AM

I wonder if you kind people can help me, especially anyone who lives in and around Bournemouth. I know this is for people looking to holiday in Bournemouth but I would like some help anyway, thanks.

I have put my name down on a council house bidding list and they have sent me a form. What I would like to know is what area's should I avoid in Bournemouth, and what area's should I apply for? i don't want to move into the Dorset equivalent of TombStone or dodge City. Please can you advise me?

The list I have been given is:

Bear Cross or Bearwood
      Littledown
      Southbourne
      Moordown
      Strouden Park
      Central (bit iffy about this)
      Muscliffe
      Charminster
      Wallisdown
      East, West and High Howe
      Meyrick Park
      Talbot Woods
      Ensbury Park
      Queens Park
      Westbourne
      Redhill/Northbourne
      Iford
      Slades Farm
      Winton

Look forward to your replies :)

3 Answers Mar 4, 2012 at 6:19 AM
    • Winter in Bournemouth

by Haley143 Online Now Oct 13, 2011 at 9:19 PM

I am going to Bournemouth for New Years. I live in California. What kind of winter clothes and shoes should I bring? The coldest it gets here is around 13c. I don't have a lot of really warm clothes. Need to go shopping before my trip but don't know what to buy. PLEASE HELP! Haha.

8 Answers Dec 15, 2011 at 11:31 AM
    • iaint's Profile Photo

conference escape

by iaint Online Now Aug 21, 2011 at 2:06 PM

I have to go to a conference in Bournemouth in April. Looks like I'll have to fly to Southampton and rent a car to get there.

I may want to avoid the conference hotels and stay somewhere more relaxed - maybe an upmarket B&B/guesthouse and maybe even not in the town, but close by.

Any ideas out there?

2 Answers Aug 21, 2011 at 4:26 PM
    • mid week break

by chrissy51 Online Now May 4, 2011 at 2:26 PM

2 mature ladies 55 and 40 mid week break looking for info on nice restuarants/evening entertainment, going in June this year and advise please...

• 3 weekends in Bournemouth

by Thicoelho Online Now Mar 28, 2011 at 4:51 AM

Hello everyone.
      I´m going to Bournemouth on June in order to take a course. I´ll have 3 weekends free and I´d like to go to different places.
      As I won’t have much time, I must take this trip to the hilt.

I´m up to go anywhere in UK and also to a different countries.

Do you guys have any suggestion?

6 Answers Mar 28, 2011 at 12:44 PM
    • Nightclub - not too tacky please!!

by s.bowman Online Now Jun 6, 2010 at 11:01 AM

Hi,
      I am arranging my friend's hen do in late July. We are coming down to bournemouth for a spa break, but I would like to give the girls the option of a night out clubbing too.
      Can someone please recommend a nice nightclub isn't too tacky, but still a laugh. Basically, not the typical hen do club! lol!

Thanks in advance x

2 Answers Jun 6, 2010 at 2:21 PM
    • Accomodation near airport

by dougie5419 Online Now Sep 10, 2008 at 11:21 AM

Can anyone recommend a hotel or b&b for a cheap overnight stay - needs to be as near to the airport as possible to catch early morning flight.

1 Answer Sep 10, 2008 at 1:21 PM
    • SillyWAbbit's Profile Photo

Jurrasic Coast

by SillyWAbbit Online Now Aug 1, 2008 at 9:01 AM

Hi, I'll be in Bournemouth and would like to take a picturesque walk along the Jurassic coast. How far is it from Bournemouth and how easy is it to get to? I'll be using public transport. I'm not too fit so I'm not looking for a lot of extreem ups and downs. Any suggestions for walking ( where to start, stop, and so on ), please?

Thanks in advance.
      - Martin

4 Answers Aug 11, 2008 at 6:18 AM
    • Vale Road Nightclub Bournemouth

by jontique Online Now Jul 6, 2008 at 3:04 AM

What are the various ages? 18 - 20 20 -30 35 - 45?

1 Answer Dec 28, 2009 at 8:38 AM
    • What is the fastest way to get to Bournemouth from Gatwick airport?

by gosheto Online Now May 23, 2008 at 5:41 AM

My flight is arriving around midnight.
      Is there a coach station at Gatwick where I can take a bus to Bournemouth, or do I have to go to another station, like London Victoria, first? I'd rather not travel 90 mins to London only to head back south later.
      Also, I looked at railway timetable - don't think they have a train until 7:15 a.m. But feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks in advance.

3 Answers May 23, 2008 at 2:54 PM
    • Could anyone tell me....

by Mandiemoo Online Now May 12, 2008 at 4:47 AM

How much it costs to get into for your eyes only nightclub and how much the drinks are in there please? I would be very grateful
      Thanx

1 Answer May 13, 2008 at 5:45 AM
    • mas64's Profile Photo

isle of wight and stonehenge

by mas64 Online Now Apr 21, 2008 at 4:37 AM

hi i am coming to Bournemouth this thursday would like to know if it is possible in one day without car to go to visit the isle of wight and to come back (and how); and how it is possible to go to Stonehenge?
      thanks

4 Answers Apr 21, 2008 at 10:25 AM
    • wroclawiak's Profile Photo

Bournemouth night experience - what to do?

by wroclawiak Online Now Mar 18, 2008 at 12:26 AM

I think I've trapped myself. I will arrive in the Bournemouth center between 0.00 and 1.00 am but my train leaves at about 5 a.m What can I do in the night there? Are any pubs/clubs opened till the morning or where can I stay over the night? I wouldn't rather go to a hotel for 4 hours.
      Thanks.

1 Answer Mar 18, 2008 at 5:31 AM
    • eastrunner's Profile Photo

Flat rentals

by eastrunner Online Now Nov 26, 2007 at 3:40 AM

Hi there we are looking for a flat to rent for 6 months to 1 year in Bournemouth 1 or 2 bedroom, want to be close to the city center

1. Any particular areas we should look at/avoide?
      2. Any idea of cost? is GBP 600 an average for a 2 bedroom
      3. Does anyone know any good web sites hat have listings
      4. Close to Queens park

4 Answers Nov 27, 2007 at 9:22 AM
    • Bonneys's Profile Photo

Airport hotel with parking

by Bonneys Online Now Sep 8, 2007 at 11:08 AM

Anyone know of accommodation with parking near Bournemouth airport. We will be arriving from Cornwall so prefer west side of airport, ideally on the B3073 somewhere.
      We want to stay one night but leave the car there for 2 weeks.
      Welcome any help as there appears to be very little on the web.

Thanks.

3 Answers Sep 15, 2007 at 11:28 AM
    • minkmanther's Profile Photo

Wheres best to go on a saturday night clubs/pubs in and around bournemouth?

by minkmanther Online Now Sep 1, 2007 at 6:51 AM

I am coming to bournemouth with some friends on sat 8th for a birthday celebration night out, wheres best to go and great value for money...we want a clubby night, some dancing great selection of music etc.. Thanks for taking the time to read, any advice is appreciated. Sam

• Budget Accommodation??

by ar-travel Online Now Jul 18, 2007 at 5:54 AM

I am planning a trip to Bournemouth ,in September on a tight budget, and am looking for dirt cheap accommodation, we were going to camp but have not found any sites in the central area.
      would be really grateful of any suggestions you have..

Thanks!
      AR

2 Answers Jul 18, 2007 at 8:17 AM
    • clubs!!

by katie&dominique Online Now Jan 19, 2007 at 11:53 AM

we are coming to bournemouth in may for bank holiday, we wanna know where all the nice men hang out! we are looking for ages between 18-30ish as i am nioneteen and dom is twenty eight so we need a good range!! where are the best places to go and where are the worst! we wanna go to a busy club with lots of men and good songs and also cheap drinks!!!! wat do u recommend?

love katie and dominique xxxx

1 Answer Jan 20, 2007 at 5:44 AM
    • seejai's Profile Photo

Visiting THIS WEEKEND

by seejai Online Now Oct 12, 2006 at 12:22 PM

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Me and a friend are visiting bournemouth this weekend, coming from the west midlands, so will arrive in the town centre late evening on friday on the A38 into the Town centre.

Who can advise on a decent B&B that is bang in the centre and wont require additional commuting once we are in the town?

Ive been looking at this page, which is B&B's in the town but as i dont know the area i can't tell which roads are where! lol

ukaccommodationindex.com/bou...

Hope you locals can advise, kind regards

Chris :)

• karen_mo's Profile Photo

Winter Lets

by karen_mo Online Now Jul 12, 2006 at 3:04 PM

Hi there
      Does anyone know of any agents that specialise in winter lets in the bournemouth area, for good quality fully fitted apartments, looking for a 6 month lease from September.

Many thanks, Karen

1 Answer Jul 12, 2006 at 11:06 PM
    • alivan's Profile Photo

Dylan in Bournemouth!!!???!!

by alivan Online Now Jun 27, 2006 at 6:51 AM

Hi!
      Finaly, I can't go to Bournemouth to listen Dylan. :o(
      If someone goes to the concert, please, explain me something about, ok???
      Many thanks!!!!

Alivan.

• Hen Weekend in Bournemouth

by Sophgoph Online Now Jun 12, 2006 at 8:24 AM

Hen Weekend in Bournemouth
      Posted: Mon June 12 15:22:40 2006 UTC

I'm organising a hen weekend in bournemouth in a couple of weeks and the Hen really wants to go to a 70's night somewhere. Can anyone recommend me a good not too trashy nightclub that we could attend. Also we'd like to know of good venues to watch the football if there are any?? We are staying at the Carrington House Hotel if this is any help, though i think this may be quite a way out of Bournemouth?

Cheers for any help!

1 Answer Jan 18, 2007 at 3:44 PM