Bourgogne Travel Answers

change location

Grocery/Pharmacy in Bourgogne

by ASut Online Now Mar 12, 2006 at 9:31 PM

Plan to visit Bourgogne in April. Since I will be travelling with my daughter who is 1.5 year old, in case of some emergency need that I need to go to a grocery or a pharmacy in the middle of the night night. Do they have grocery that opens 24 hours? How about during weekend? Thanks for any info

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • mariev's Profile Photo

RE: Grocery/Pharmacy in Bourgogne

by mariev Online Now Mar 13, 2006 at 12:52 AM

Hello,
    There are no 24/24 - 7/7 groceries or pharmacies in France. They are closed on sundays and by night.
    They are open on saturdays (some pharmacies may be closed on saturday afternoon)

You can find a very minimal choice of food (and they generally have nappies too - in the gas station or the motorways (autoroutes), most of the are open 24/24, 7/7.
    But i can't imagine an unpredictable emergency needing a grocery at night ??? and remedies (including OTC) are available only in pharmacies, not in supermarkets.

In case of a real emergency, ask your hotel to call the on ward doctor for you : french doctors make home call - remedies can be bought at night only from the on ward pharmacy and with a prescription - The wards are available 24/24.
    Else there is the hospital or calling the '112' (for all real emergencies : fire, police, accident, ambulance...) but i can hope you won't need those extreme solutions.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Bourgogne Travel Answer Locations