Boulder

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Best things to do

Pagosa Springs Jul 12, 2014 at 6:41 PM

Hello: We are visiting Pagosa Springs in 3 weeks and would like to know what you think are the best things we should do for sure.

Thanks.

more
    • what to wear in July

Crested Butte Jun 26, 2014 at 11:21 AM

I have never been to Crested Butte. Will be there in 2 days (June 28th). Confused by low temps. Don't know how to pack or what people wear there.

more
    • 6 or 7-day road trip

Colorado Jul 3, 2014 at 10:32 AM

Hello! We are planning a sightseeing trip to Colorado in mid to late September, and wanted some advise/suggestions on a travel route and itinerary. We would love to see some fall foliage. Will these dates work for that? Some of the places we would like to visit are RMNP, Maroon Bells, Black Canyon, Ouray, Pike's Peak, and Leadville. Are there others that you would suggest? What would be the best itinerary? I just don't want to make our travel days so "full" that we are rushed to get to the next spot! Thanks so much!

more
    • Nice places to stay, eat & listen to music.

by John_Markus Online Now Apr 27, 2014 at 11:35 PM

My wife & I have stayed in many areas of Colorado but never in the Boulder - Nederland - Red Feather Lakes area.  I have lived just outside of Steamboat Springs for a few years & stayed in some great places.  But just wanted to show my wife a good time with a cozy mountain place to stay, great food, music & sights.  We will be there at the end of August for just about 3 days.  Not looking for cheap place but one that is worth the money.  Thanks so much in advance.

Markus

• wayne0k's Profile Photo

Any Boulder Locals still around?

by wayne0k Online Now Apr 23, 2013 at 7:22 AM

Hi, I'm booking a trip to boulder area in mid June (some business, some fun). Considering relocation options (before they are forced on me) and I would love to have a relaxed conversation with some local residents about the area. So I guess the first step is to ask: Are there any VT locals still active around Boulder that would like to have lunch/dinner/drinks and share a little knowledge about the area? Hope so!

2 Answers Apr 24, 2013 at 4:03 AM
    • swdke's Profile Photo

Best bars/brew pubs in Boulder,

by swdke Online Now Mar 15, 2012 at 8:00 AM

A couple of buddies and I will be in Boulder for one evening. We are looking to sample a variety of Boulders best beers. What are the recommendations for the best brew pubs, and the bars/pubs with the greatest variety or number of tap beers? Thanks.

1 Answer Mar 15, 2012 at 8:17 AM
    • Half Day/One night in/near Boulder

by spedprof Online Now Mar 13, 2012 at 4:01 PM

Folks,

Will be in Denver for a conference and want to get to see the beautiful parts of CO. Leaving around noon and need to get back to the airport for a morning flight. Thinking of heading towards Boulder and beyond and then returning to Boulder for dinner/hotel. Looking at the trip from Boulder to Estes Park or Boulder to Nederland. As this is mid April, are either likely to be preferable?? And when i get back to Boulder, can you suggest a place to stay?

Thanks

3 Answers Mar 14, 2012 at 10:20 AM
    • Similar town to Boulder out there?

by cam_t Online Now Feb 18, 2012 at 10:50 AM

Hi All,
      I was in the USA last summer and spent a few days in Boulder Colorado.
      I absolutely loved it there. I am heading back to the US this summer and I was hoping somebody could reccomend a similiar town thats not too big, has great things to do outdoors and also has good nightlife.

Thanks for your suggestions,
      Cam

5 Answers Mar 5, 2012 at 9:05 PM
    • JJfromNJ's Profile Photo

Hiking Near Boulder

by JJfromNJ Online Now Feb 2, 2012 at 8:43 AM

My girlfriend and I just decided to go out to Boulder in a couple weeks because everyone who knows us says we will love the city. We don't have much time to plan so I am looking for some advice on hiking options. Preferably we want to avoid renting a car. Are there enough good hiking options in or near the city accessible by either foot or public transportation? Or will it be worth it for us to rent the car anyway and drive out to a better hike (e.g. Rocky Mountain NP). We're fairly experienced hikers although currently not in shape enough to do an insane hike. Also, coming from NJ, we will not be acclimitized to the altitude right away. We're interested in great scenery, possibly interested in a peak or two but have no idea what the February conditions will limit us to.

Thanks for any help!

3 Answers Feb 2, 2012 at 11:34 AM
    • White Water Rafting

by jblookin Online Now Jan 1, 2010 at 9:08 PM

Is there a place you would recommend to go white water rafting. I will have about ten 16-17 year old girls. I don't want to do the easiest course nor the toughest...something that offers it all. Any suggestions?

• visiting for a few days

by drmarshachiro Online Now Dec 1, 2009 at 8:31 PM

COming to westminster. Flying into denver. Have the day to see pretty sites. With just the day, what should i try to see? My mom will have two more days to tour while I'm in workshops. Do we rent car and drive to boulder.I know Boulder is supposed to be really nice. We are not skiers or serious hikers. taxi? take buses or shuttles? We will have carry ons. thanks.

2 Answers Dec 2, 2009 at 11:03 AM
    • COMEONDOWN's Profile Photo

Must Visit Places

by COMEONDOWN Online Now Jun 30, 2009 at 1:37 PM

My son and his family will be passing by Boulder, Colorado for 2 nights. Are there any places "must visit"? Thank You folks!

2 Answers Oct 25, 2009 at 7:56 PM
    • Aimdogg's Profile Photo

Going to Boulder end of Sept / beg. of Oct

by Aimdogg Online Now Aug 15, 2008 at 5:26 PM

Hello,

I will be visiting Boulder for nine days this Sept/Oct. It will be my first time ever to Colorado, I'm very excited!! What is not to be missed? I'm into: hiking, lakes, local live music, restaurants, bars, and whatever else you think I should check out while I'm there! Thanks in advance for any advice!

Amy

1 Answer Sep 5, 2008 at 7:30 PM
    • Moving to Boulder

by momofjen Online Now Mar 7, 2007 at 6:51 AM

Does anyone have any advice as far as looking for an apartment in Boulder? My daughter is moving there from Massachusetts this summer with a friend and they are both students so price is a big issue but also it needs to be a safe area.

Also, they're going out to look around on spring break next week so any ideas for fun stuff to do would also be much appreciated!

Thanks

3 Answers Sep 20, 2007 at 1:07 PM
    • Moving to Boulder, HELP!

by shell55 Online Now Nov 21, 2006 at 10:56 AM

Hi, we're interested in moving to Boulder and I am having a hard time finding good real estate web sites, anyone know any good sites to search?
      Also, what are less expensive but still central or desirable parts of town to live?
      Thanks!

1 Answer Nov 21, 2006 at 12:58 PM
    • Moving to Boulder to transfer schools and enjoy life.

by JohnnyMajors Online Now Nov 16, 2006 at 3:13 PM

Im going to be transferring to University of Colorado at Boulder and switching National Guard units come June. I was wondering how hard it will be to find an apartment in Boulder and also how hard it will be to find a part time job. Im also a singer/songwriter, will playing acoustic music be easy to do on weekends?

I would love to talk to someone one on one about Boulder if possible.

Thanks a lot!

Josh

2 Answers Nov 18, 2006 at 5:26 AM
    • scoffy991177's Profile Photo

Visiting Boulder

by scoffy991177 Online Now Oct 16, 2006 at 7:12 PM

Hey, I'm visiting the University of Colorado in Boulder in the next couple months to see if it's where I want to transfer. I'm only visiting for a couple days so besides looking at the school, what are some other things I shouldn't miss? or specific things I should do??

3 Answers Oct 20, 2006 at 7:19 AM
    • shohman's Profile Photo

Drinks anyone?

by shohman Online Now Sep 30, 2006 at 12:50 PM

I'll be in Denver and Boulder November 11-16 Anyone up for a drink?

2 Answers Oct 15, 2006 at 9:33 AM
    • shohman's Profile Photo

apartments in Boulder

by shohman Online Now Sep 20, 2006 at 5:21 AM

I am thinking of moving to Boulder. What would a 1 bedroom apartment average for rent? any area's to avoid?

5 Answers Sep 20, 2006 at 2:05 PM
    • Thinking about Moving to Boulder

by arrege Online Now Aug 7, 2006 at 11:42 AM

Hi all!

My wife and I have been looking at possbily moving to Boulder for 9-12 months starting Sept/Oct 2007. We live in the LA area and are looking for a change...atleast in the weather, traffic and spiritual energy.

My wife had been thru Boulder about 10 years ago and had fond memories of it...and I am sure the city has changed a bit since then. We are both in our 30s and are self employed (work from home). We do not have any kids..so schools and traffic are not a big issue.

I wanted to ask you a few of questions:

1) Does Boulder still have a lot of 'health/organic' type restaurants for healthy eaters?

2) Are there parts of Boulder that cater to an age group of 30+ year old professionals. Places that are quiet, safe and yet reasonably close to restaurants, shopping, Whole Foods etc?

3) How far is the Denver airport from Boulder? Is it a fairly large International airport?

4) Are there parts of the city that we should avoid...too close to College kids, too close to freeway, nasty parts of town etc?

Please understand that in LA, we have to add about 1 hour of drive time to go anywhere...I am hoping this is NOT the case in Boulder

Thank you in advance for your reply.

2 Answers Sep 12, 2006 at 6:58 PM
    • andylandrews's Profile Photo

Flatirons

by andylandrews Online Now Feb 26, 2006 at 11:33 PM

I have heard that the Flatirons are a really nice area to hike in and I will be traveling to Boulder in a few days for the first time. I am only going to be in the area for a few days, so I want to pick the best place/s to hike--would the Flatirons be a good choice or is there a better area to spend my short time?

3 Answers Feb 28, 2006 at 10:30 PM
    • far to walk?

by lorigemini Online Now Jan 18, 2006 at 11:04 PM

I have tentatively chosen "Boulder University Inn"..for my future visit: Any comments regarding this choice?...also how long to walk to Pearl St. Mall?...also how do you pronounce Arapahoe?

3 Answers May 12, 2006 at 4:04 PM
    • Summer in Boulder

by Sophia7 Online Now Dec 3, 2005 at 6:32 AM

I'm moving to the States this summer with a student four month visa (I'm Irish) and was thinking of Boulder. Really I want to go somewhere with friendly peolple and things to do for my age group (early 20s). Living and working in the States will be a once in a lifetime opportunity so I want get it right! I was speaking to someone who used to live there who said that Boulder had a great night life and gererally pretty cool people...was she right? Also, is it difficult to find restaurant work?
      Any response would be appreciated, thanks!

3 Answers Apr 14, 2006 at 5:14 PM
    • Suggestions on how to spend 1 1/2 days in Boulder

by ongossamer Online Now Aug 8, 2005 at 6:34 PM

I'll be in Boulder in about 2 weeks for a long weekend (well, it's not really that "long"...I will have Friday afternoon free and all day Saturday. I leave Sunday morning.) It will be my first visit so I wanted to enjoy the beautiful outdoors. I wanted to jam in at least 2 outdoorsy activities if possible. I was thinking about 1/2 day hiking and 1/2 day rafting/kayaking (or biking or rock climbing) -- doing one on Friday afternoon or both in 1 day. Is it possible to do both in 1 day? Are there any clubs/groups that we could go with? Do you have any suggestions what to do?

1 Answer May 12, 2006 at 4:06 PM
    • artgrad's Profile Photo

apartments?

by artgrad Online Now May 31, 2005 at 10:16 PM

Hi, I'm looking at Boulder as my next place to settle. I've looked on craigslist and at the online newspaper classifieds. It seems there's a lot of condos. I was wondering how common it is to find an affordable (under800) 2 bed apartment that is in an old-fashioned building, or an old house that has been turned into apartments?

1 Answer Jun 21, 2005 at 3:04 PM
    • Lyonboy's Profile Photo

Moving to Boulder

by Lyonboy Online Now Feb 7, 2005 at 5:12 AM

My wife and I are considering moving to Boulder from Europe (we're British citizens living in France) for the outdoors lifestyle and a change of scene. We're both about 30yrs old, no kids, qualified in our separate areas (businessany /education). Looking for advice concerning Boulder ie culture, cost of living, climate, recreation, work ops, and how it might compare to Vancouver/Calgary where we also have contacts. Many thanks

12 Answers Jan 24, 2006 at 12:56 PM
    • ArizonaExpert's Profile Photo

Retire in Boulder?

by ArizonaExpert Online Now Jan 20, 2005 at 7:36 AM

My wife and I are looking for a retirement/2nd home that we can purchase now and use for the future. We want to get out of the summer heat of Arizona, so we are looking at Tahoe and Colorado. I read the reviews on here, but could not get a sense of whether or not Boulder was right for active middle -agers. We are looking to spend about400,000. That gets you a 1-5 year old furnished two bedroom 2000 sq. ft. condo right on the slopes in Tahoe. What does that get you in Boulder, or surrounding areas? Any resources or opinions would be appreciated.

6 Answers Apr 3, 2005 at 9:41 PM
    • MarkJochim's Profile Photo

BOULDER -- How To Kill A Few Hours

by MarkJochim Online Now Aug 22, 2004 at 1:39 AM

I'm planning a very short trip to Boulder at the end of September (attending a concert at the Fox). I probably won't be staying at a hotel (looking into just sleeping at the airport!) and would like some recommendations of things to see and do for a few hours before the show. I'd prefer to know things which are within walking distance of the University and near 13th and Arapaho.

3 Answers Jan 25, 2005 at 12:41 PM
    • fluxgroove's Profile Photo

Boulder Hotels???

by fluxgroove Online Now Mar 8, 2004 at 5:29 PM

Hi, Any feedback on reasonably priced hotel deals within walking distance to the action on Pearl Street? Thanks, Ron and Ingrid

• geoaware's Profile Photo

Cell phone SIM card

by geoaware Online Now Feb 29, 2004 at 10:43 PM

Hi again...we need to buy a SIM card for our cell phone....is there a cell phone store in Boulder? can't seem to find one on the web??

3 Answers Mar 2, 2004 at 4:36 PM
    • geoaware's Profile Photo

Skiing for kids

by geoaware Online Now Feb 29, 2004 at 10:42 PM

Hi folks - we arrive in Boulder for a few months later this week. We want to take our kids skiing and want to know the best deals we can get (they are 5 and 8)...does Eldora have a free slope?

2 Answers Mar 5, 2004 at 4:14 PM
    • Boulder - Austin Connection

by Figure5 Online Now Oct 9, 2003 at 11:29 AM

I've heard that Boulder and Austin are really similar cities. What do you think about that?

1 Answer Mar 29, 2005 at 7:03 PM
    • julieuzi's Profile Photo

Where would you live?

by julieuzi Online Now Aug 5, 2003 at 9:17 AM

Hello! :) I just found VT and it is so cool! I'll definitely be using it for travel tips and hopefully I'll be able to give some useful tips of my own. ;) Right now I'm pretty consumed with finding a home. My husband and I are moving to CO in September. His job is in Boulder. Right now we're looking for housing and need some opinions about living in Boulder and the surrounding neighborhoods (Louisville, Lafayette, Superior, Broomfield). Where would you live? Why? Thanks!!

9 Answers Dec 28, 2003 at 1:22 PM