Boulder Travel Answers

change location
swdke's Profile Photo

Best bars/brew pubs in Boulder,

by swdke Online Now Mar 15, 2012 at 8:00 AM

A couple of buddies and I will be in Boulder for one evening. We are looking to sample a variety of Boulders best beers. What are the recommendations for the best brew pubs, and the bars/pubs with the greatest variety or number of tap beers? Thanks.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • bocmaxima's Profile Photo

Re: Best bars/brew pubs in Boulder,

by bocmaxima Online Now Mar 15, 2012 at 8:17 AM

The best brewery in Boulder is Avery. It's located on Arapahoe just east of town. They have roughly twenty taps - all theirs - some of which are very rare and hard to come by. The food offered is very minimal.
    There's also Oskar Blues, just up the road in Longmont. This is one of their brewpubs (the brewery operation is not open to the public, I believe) and it serves a mix of Cajun and bar food.
    If you get up to Longmont, then it would be a shame also not to visit Left Hand, who has their brewery operations there. They have some of the newer beers that you won't see on tap in other places. Weird hours here though.

Really though, Fort Collins is the place to go for breweries. Say what you want about New Belgium, they have a great operation there.

For brewpubs, Mountain Sun is the best, IMHO, although I've only been to 3-4 of the brewpubs in Boulder. I haven't been to their "Southern Sun" location on Broadway, but I would imagine it's less crowded than the one on Pearl and I've been told (by the Mountain Sun staff) that they have the exact same beers. They have a location in Denver as well which I thought was very good and had a similar atmosphere.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines