Boulder Travel Answers

change location

visiting for a few days

by drmarshachiro Online Now Dec 1, 2009 at 8:31 PM

COming to westminster. Flying into denver. Have the day to see pretty sites. With just the day, what should i try to see? My mom will have two more days to tour while I'm in workshops. Do we rent car and drive to boulder.I know Boulder is supposed to be really nice. We are not skiers or serious hikers. taxi? take buses or shuttles? We will have carry ons. thanks.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • bocmaxima's Profile Photo

Re: visiting for a few days

by bocmaxima Online Now Dec 1, 2009 at 10:23 PM

When are you doing this?

Denver is really better with a car. There's a pretty good transit system, but it's nothing like that of other major cities.
    Whether or not you get a car can depend a lot on exactly where you're staying. There's an express bus that runs up and down US 36, occasionally exiting and stopping (the stops are on the ramps). Major roads will have local service buses (there's one running down Baseline Road right into Boulder), but not all will offer good connections to where you want to go.

Boulder would be a good place to spend a day. You can certainly just take a bus up to the Downtown area from Westminster, peruse the Pearl Street Mall, wade in Boulder Creek, walk around on The Hill, stroll the CU campus, etc. Another bus will get you to Boulder Falls (closed when I was up there this summer due to a slide) and Nederland, but they're really easier with a car.

If no car, she may also want to head into Downtown Denver. Shopping in LoDo and on the 16th Street Mall, the US Mint tour, antiquing, strolling in Washington Park and the South Gaylord district, the fabulous botanical gardens... There's a lot to do there. And not even mentioning City Park and Cherry Creek.

If you end up with a car, maybe a consider a ride down to Golden for the Coors Brewery Tour. It's interesting even if you don't like beer. There's also Golden Gate State Park, just to the west of the city, which is awesome.

Hope that helps.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: visiting for a few days

by drmarshachiro Online Now Dec 2, 2009 at 11:03 AM

We are arrving tomorrow. So knowing the forecast, what do you recommend? Thanks for the other info.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines