Boulder Travel Answers

change location
Aimdogg's Profile Photo

Going to Boulder end of Sept / beg. of Oct

by Aimdogg Online Now Aug 15, 2008 at 5:26 PM

Hello,

I will be visiting Boulder for nine days this Sept/Oct. It will be my first time ever to Colorado, I'm very excited!! What is not to be missed? I'm into: hiking, lakes, local live music, restaurants, bars, and whatever else you think I should check out while I'm there! Thanks in advance for any advice!

Amy

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • frecklesoup's Profile Photo

Re: Going to Boulder end of Sept / beg. of Oct

by frecklesoup Online Now Sep 5, 2008 at 7:30 PM

Hi Amy,
    Well, you are visiting at the best time of year. The weather should be beautiful, but be prepared for pretty much anything. There is local hiking at Chataqua Park and Sanitas, or you can drive into the local mountains for hiking (Brainard Lake and 4th of July Trail to name two). I'd recommend that you stop in at a local outdoor shop like REI or Neptune Mountaineering to ask for suggested trails and maps. You may also like to rent a bike (University Bikes, 9th and Pearl St) and ride the miles and mile of bike path ... Pearl Street is where the action is for shopping and great restaurants. Some of my favs: Sushi Torra; Brasserie 1010 (great happy hour!); The Kitchen (gourmet organic); Aji; Frasca.. There are so many... for live music, check the schedules at The Fox Theater and The Boulder Theater. But for a real treat, catch a show at Red Rocks Amphitheater in Golden. Buy your tickets early, shows sell out fast!
    Enjoy your stay,
    Connie

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines