Boulder Travel Answers

change location

Moving to Boulder

by momofjen Online Now Mar 7, 2007 at 6:51 AM

Does anyone have any advice as far as looking for an apartment in Boulder? My daughter is moving there from Massachusetts this summer with a friend and they are both students so price is a big issue but also it needs to be a safe area.

Also, they're going out to look around on spring break next week so any ideas for fun stuff to do would also be much appreciated!

Thanks

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • DSwede's Profile Photo

RE: Moving to Boulder

by DSwede Online Now Mar 7, 2007 at 9:45 AM

Boulder is an expensive area. It has one of the highest densities of professionals, graduate and PhD residents. But you would not know it from looking at their jeans and casual clothes. As far as safety, myself and my friends in the area have always felt all of Boulder was quite safe.

Accomodation is pricey, so they might have to go out of the city center a bit and commute in. And getting roommates will definately help.

Pearl Street is a fun place to hang out with shops, restaurants and clubs. But otherwise, the mountains offer endless hiking, biking, skiing, snowshoeing, etc. The last time I was there, I went skiing 4 days and then snowshoed up to Brainard Lake.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Boleslav's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Moving to Boulder

by Boleslav Online Now Mar 8, 2007 at 8:07 AM

Boulder as town IS safe area.
    I live in students area, which is inexpensice and in downtown, you can try to call my landlord as she is in charge of 3 different properties in the center ; Faye Brundage 303-444-2190. The location is near the university and much quieter than on the "Hill" which is the location for the CU students accomodations, hang outs etc.

• Re: Moving to Boulder

by fuelcell Online Now Sep 20, 2007 at 1:07 PM

Boulder is a very safe place and a little expensive but no worse than many places on the east coast. Check out http://www.boulderopenhouse.com for a wealth of resources about the town

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines