Boulder Travel Answers

change location

Moving to Boulder to transfer schools and enjoy life.

by JohnnyMajors Online Now Nov 16, 2006 at 3:13 PM

Im going to be transferring to University of Colorado at Boulder and switching National Guard units come June. I was wondering how hard it will be to find an apartment in Boulder and also how hard it will be to find a part time job. Im also a singer/songwriter, will playing acoustic music be easy to do on weekends?

I would love to talk to someone one on one about Boulder if possible.

Thanks a lot!

Josh

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • bocmaxima's Profile Photo

RE: Moving to Boulder to transfer schools and enjoy life.

by bocmaxima Online Now Nov 17, 2006 at 2:47 PM

It's actually pretty tough to get a place in Boulder, especially near campus, and they're almost always over-priced. Like most college towns, you need to get in well advance of the start of the Fall semester or a couple of months after it.
    There are plenty of open mics and coffee shops around town where you could do acoustic stuff. Or you could just set up on Pearl Street Mall with the other outdoor artists (this is during the summer, of course).

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • shohman's Profile Photo

RE: Moving to Boulder to transfer schools and enjoy life.

by shohman Online Now Nov 18, 2006 at 5:26 AM

Hi Josh. I just returned from Boulder and will also be moving there in April. I'm interested to hear how your search goes. I did ask a few locals about rent and they said the average in Boulder is about800 for a 1 bedroom. I wouldn't say there were tons of apartments for rent, but I certainly saw some signs for rentals.

As far as acoustic music, there is a coffee shop on Pearl St, The Laughing Goat. Also there are several pubs, Conor O'neils for one. If you want, you can always play for tips at the Pearl Street mall.

good luck and let me know how it goes.
    Scott

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines