Boulder Travel Answers

change location
scoffy991177's Profile Photo

Visiting Boulder

by scoffy991177 Online Now Oct 16, 2006 at 7:12 PM

Hey, I'm visiting the University of Colorado in Boulder in the next couple months to see if it's where I want to transfer. I'm only visiting for a couple days so besides looking at the school, what are some other things I shouldn't miss? or specific things I should do??

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • 30by30's Profile Photo

RE: Visiting Boulder

by 30by30 Online Now Oct 16, 2006 at 9:01 PM

Hi there!

I have been to Boulder a few times, I was just an hour away in Fort Collins, at Colorado State for college. Boulder is a really cool place, especially for those that enjoy the outdoors. I definitely suggest (weather permitting) you go and hike up to the top of the "flat irons". If you don't know already the flat iron are the large rocks above the town, so climbing to the top will give you an incredible view. Also, drive up to Estes Park, you can see the hotel where the "Shinning" was filmed, as well as, run into large herds of Elk.

If you have any questions feel free to drop me line.

Safe travels, Tim

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: Visiting Boulder

by WingLady Online Now Oct 17, 2006 at 6:41 AM

In addition to hiking near the Flatirons, take a stroll along the Pearl Street Mall. It'll give you an interesting sampling of some of the flavor of the town. Consider stopping in at NCAR (National Center for Atmospheric Research) for their free science exhibits. Take the Celestial Seasonings Tea factory tour. Visit the Leanin' Tree museum of western art. Visit "The Hill" area just west of campus.

Several of these things are described in more detail on this site under the heading "Boulder Area":

colorado-for-free.com/Colora...

• Boulder_Mike's Profile Photo

RE: Visiting Boulder

by Boulder_Mike Online Now Oct 20, 2006 at 7:19 AM

Hi,

Of course if you're visiting in the winter, you could check out Eldora, the sort-of local ski area. It's not as big as Winter Park or Breckenridge, but it's only 45 minutes above Boulder. They also have a nice (albeit hilly) cross-country ski center.

As far as Boulder, the other replies sum it up pretty well. I would look at www.coloradodaily.com to see what events are happening when you are coming. That should give you a good idea of what's going on here. Boulder has a very good music scene, and CU always has a lot going on.

Good luck, Mike

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines