Boulder Travel Answers

change location
shohman's Profile Photo

apartments in Boulder

by shohman Online Now Sep 20, 2006 at 5:21 AM

I am thinking of moving to Boulder. What would a 1 bedroom apartment average for rent? any area's to avoid?

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • RE: apartments in Boulder

by WingLady Online Now Sep 20, 2006 at 6:50 AM

Have you tried looking at ads in the local Boulder on-line newspaper?

marketplace.dailycamera.com/...

Boulder tends to be pretty expensive. There are often less expensive places to rent close to campus, but some may also be somewhat run-down and noisy. I think you'll be able to judge neighborhoods in person pretty quickly, especially if you look at rentals during the school year. In my opinion, there aren't really specific neighborhoods to avoid so much as specific properties or small clusters that may be undesireable because they've been allowed to deteriorate, or because a specific apartment or home (or Frat house) may have become THE place to party. Then again, maybe you're into that sort of thing. :-)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • bocmaxima's Profile Photo

RE: RE: apartments in Boulder

by bocmaxima Online Now Sep 20, 2006 at 8:40 AM

My friend just got a larger studio near campus with no a/c and kinda dumpy for about600.
    Boulder is not only expensive, but decent places are hard to come by. There's a lot of competition from students and it's always better to find one before school starts (which has certainly passed).
    Boulder doesn't really have a bad neighborhood. It's actually one of the more sanitized cities in the country. Find a place close to work. Boulder is not a city you want to drive too much in.

• shohman's Profile Photo

by shohman Online Now Sep 20, 2006 at 8:44 AM

why would I not want to drive in Boulder?

• bocmaxima's Profile Photo

by bocmaxima Online Now Sep 20, 2006 at 11:02 AM

You can certainly drive if you'd like. It's just not a car town. It seems always better to bike there, and it's very bike-friendly. I've also found the traffic to be very heavy for a city its size.

• shohman's Profile Photo

by shohman Online Now Sep 20, 2006 at 2:05 PM

I have read that people bike to work there alot. That is a bonus in my book. Thanks for the info.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines