Boulder Travel Answers

change location

Thinking about Moving to Boulder

by arrege Online Now Aug 7, 2006 at 11:42 AM

Hi all!

My wife and I have been looking at possbily moving to Boulder for 9-12 months starting Sept/Oct 2007. We live in the LA area and are looking for a change...atleast in the weather, traffic and spiritual energy.

My wife had been thru Boulder about 10 years ago and had fond memories of it...and I am sure the city has changed a bit since then. We are both in our 30s and are self employed (work from home). We do not have any kids..so schools and traffic are not a big issue.

I wanted to ask you a few of questions:

1) Does Boulder still have a lot of 'health/organic' type restaurants for healthy eaters?

2) Are there parts of Boulder that cater to an age group of 30+ year old professionals. Places that are quiet, safe and yet reasonably close to restaurants, shopping, Whole Foods etc?

3) How far is the Denver airport from Boulder? Is it a fairly large International airport?

4) Are there parts of the city that we should avoid...too close to College kids, too close to freeway, nasty parts of town etc?

Please understand that in LA, we have to add about 1 hour of drive time to go anywhere...I am hoping this is NOT the case in Boulder

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Callavetta's Profile Photo

RE: Thinking about Moving to Boulder

by Callavetta Online Now Aug 7, 2006 at 1:25 PM

Boulder has a lot of what you're looking for. It also, being a college town, has students. It's about 45 minutes from DIA, which is (in my opinion) a great International airport to go in and out of.

If you're both telecommuting, you might also look at Evergreen. It will be a little farther from the Airport though.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • CaliHopkins's Profile Photo

RE: Thinking about Moving to Boulder

by CaliHopkins Online Now Sep 12, 2006 at 6:58 PM

While I am not from Boulder, I was there last year. I am from So Cal as well, and I loved it when we visited Boulder. Has tons of college kids and college kids items though....not sure if I want to move there because I do have kids. But since you dont, go for it. Being from LA, the prices will still seem like a bargain and there is plenty of scenery and nature centered things to do. If you get bored, you can always travel into Denver and see the urban life. I have noticed though, when a driver from Denver puts on his brakes-- he means it. They slam them on! ANd they complain about CA drivers! Just a little FYI...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines