Boulder Travel Answers

change location
MarkJochim's Profile Photo

BOULDER -- How To Kill A Few Hours

by MarkJochim Online Now Aug 22, 2004 at 1:39 AM

I'm planning a very short trip to Boulder at the end of September (attending a concert at the Fox). I probably won't be staying at a hotel (looking into just sleeping at the airport!) and would like some recommendations of things to see and do for a few hours before the show. I'd prefer to know things which are within walking distance of the University and near 13th and Arapaho.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • MerMer's Profile Photo

Re: BOULDER -- How To Kill A Few Hours

by MerMer Online Now Aug 30, 2004 at 2:53 AM

I would recommend walking around Downtown on the Pearl Street Mall. The street is closed to traffic, and there are many shops, bars, and restaurants. If you want to eat somewhere cheap, I would recommend 'Illegal Pete's'. It's a mexican place with great burritos- but it's a 'go up to the counter and order' type of place. Pearl Street is about a twenty minute walk from the Fox theater, which is located 'on the hill'. This is the college area next to campus which also has some good restaurants, coffe shops, and bars. It will be a lively area to hang out if there is a show happening at the Fox. Have fun! Let me know if you have more questions.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • DJStarr's Profile Photo

by DJStarr Online Now Sep 2, 2004 at 2:29 PM

I'd go for a walk along the Boulder creek, which runs just south of Arapahoe street (and Broadway) The path runs west/east along the creek with a nice bike path and fun people watching. If you're there on a Saturday morning, the farmer's market is at about 15th & Arapahoe, along the creek. Good food and fun people watching. I'd echo the Pearl Street mall idea. Tom's Tavern at 11th & Pearl has a good burger, just a few doors west on Pearl is Juanita's which serves a good Margarita. There's a fun kite store down the mall (Into the Wind) at 1408 Pearl and lots of fun people watching, too. Have fun! The weather's great that time of year. Cheers, DJSTARR

• basbed23's Profile Photo

by basbed23 Online Now Jan 25, 2005 at 12:41 PM

Pearl Street is the place to be. If you're not interested in shopping, restaurants and bars, then go for a walk and enjoy the scenery. There are countless number of trails that run through and around Boulder. Good luck!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines