Travel Answers
Botswana

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• National parks by bus - are day trips available?

Botswana Feb 13, 2014 at 2:40 PM

Hi, any help appreciated.

I'm planning a trip across Botswana in April/May, I'm planning to cross into Botswana from Zambia and travel by bus across to Namibia. Along the way I'm hoping to stop at a few national park. The main parks along the route (Kasane - Nata - Maun - Ghanzi - Windhoek) seem to be Chobe at Kasane, Nxai Pan, the Okavango delta and of course the Central Kalahari.

What I'm hoping people can help me with is which of these parks are accessible to people travelling by bus. Are there are tours or day trips available? I've researched each of them online, but while it's easy to find both accommodation and pricier multi-day safaris I can't find any info on shorter trips.

Many thanks.

3 Answers Feb 15, 2014 at 11:33 AM
    • Regular Coffee Prices

Gaborone Nov 11, 2013 at 6:33 PM

How much is a regular cup of coffee in Gaborone?

• Transportation taxi and bus

Botswana Nov 11, 2013 at 6:30 PM

Hi could anyone tell me how much is the average bus fare in Gaborone? Average taxi fare? How many people usually share the taxi? Thanks in advance! Tried other sites but info wasn't very ideal. Maybe you guys can help me out?

4 Answers Nov 11, 2013 at 9:20 PM
    • history of transport in botswana

Gaborone Nov 2, 2013 at 2:32 PM

outline and discuss the modes of transport used in botswana?

2 Answers Nov 2, 2013 at 6:06 PM
    • Chukka's Profile Photo

Nano SIM only deals

Botswana Oct 9, 2013 at 8:34 AM

I've been onto Orange.bw and can't quite work out if I can just buy a Nano SIM for iPhone 5 and walk away. IF possible, are they competitive or would taking out a 24 postpaid contract be more efficient?

• Bus trip from Johannesburg to Gaborone

Botswana Oct 8, 2013 at 10:29 AM

What is the one-way bus fare from Johannesburg to Gaborone? How long is the trip?
      from Lourence, Zanzibar.

1 Answer Oct 8, 2013 at 2:51 PM
    • Gaborone nigh out

Gaborone Sep 13, 2013 at 2:16 AM

where in gaborone can i go for a night out?

1 Answer Sep 13, 2013 at 9:38 PM
    • Road conditions

Francistown May 23, 2013 at 4:24 PM

Can anyone give me an idea of road conditions between Gaborone and Victoria falls

2 Answers Jun 9, 2013 at 2:35 AM
    • Unique82's Profile Photo

Buses to Livingstone

Gaborone Apr 23, 2013 at 7:14 AM

Hi can anyone please tell me if there is a DIRECT bus from Gaborone to Livingstone Zambia?. Thanks.

• FLIGT DEPARTURES

Botswana Apr 22, 2013 at 7:45 AM

DAILY FLIGHT DEPARTURES FROM JOHANNESBURG TO GABERONE
      DAILY FLIGHT TIME FRO GABERONE TO JOHANNESBURG

2 Answers Apr 22, 2013 at 7:53 AM
    • JaredRSydney's Profile Photo

Driving Tour - Feedback please?

Botswana Apr 14, 2013 at 3:43 PM

Hello all,

Me again and here to share my next itinerary with you! Happy to hear your feedback - It's very valued, and every time I have shared I have adjusted factoring in your suggestions - you're the experts!

The first is Botswana, then Zimbabwe. More or less it's a loop.

5 April – Fly Sydney – Johannesburg
      6 April – Drive from Johannesburg to Gaberone, Botswana (368km)
      7 April – Day in Gaberone
      8 April – Palapye (Visit Serowe, Khama Rhino Sanctuary, Old Palapye)
      9 April - Francistown
      10 April – Muan
      11 Apri – Muan
      12 April – Okavango Delta
      13 April – Okavango Delta
      14 April – Okavango Delta
      15 April – Chobe National Park
      16 April – Chobe National Park – staying in Kasane
      17 April – Victoria Falls
      18 April – Victoria Falls (golfing at Elephant Hills)
      19 April – Hwange National Park
      20 April – Hwange National Park
      21 April – Bulawayo
      22 April – Bulawayo (Matobo National Park)
      23 April – Gweru (Antelope Park)
      24 April – Masvingu (Great Zimbabwe National Park)
      25 April - Polokwane
      26 April – Fly Johannesburg – Sydney

3 Answers Jul 24, 2013 at 10:35 AM
    • AnthonyM16's Profile Photo

pub crawling

Maun Jan 30, 2013 at 2:19 AM

many years ago I went to Maun where i saw people on an open bus doing pub crawling, is there anyone one who can give me more info on that, I thought it was a nice way to see the town and meet the locals

1 Answer Feb 9, 2013 at 8:52 AM
    • Vehicle Hire or Rent

Botswana Oct 23, 2012 at 9:42 AM

I am flying into Maun in March and will travel to Deception Valley in the Central Kalahari, the Okavango Delta and then up to Victoria Falls. How does one go about ground transport? I am having a hard time finding any reasonable vehicle agencies or transportation.

Thanks much!

Josh

13 Answers Feb 24, 2014 at 5:17 PM
    • BeukesG's Profile Photo

Material shop

Gaborone Aug 10, 2012 at 5:11 AM

Good day - please can you tell me where is a nice material shop? I want to buy vinylene (spelling)

Thanks

• Looking for safari partners

Botswana May 9, 2012 at 5:12 AM

Hi,

I would like to go on a safari to Botswana and Vic Falls in September. I have found one that is guided but one vehicle is full and need to find people to share the second vehicle with me to reduce the cost. This is the itinerary:

date activity Sleep at accommodation type
      07-Sep arrive Maun Maun tented camp
      08-Sep Delta Chiefs' Island tented camp
      09-Sep Delta Chiefs' Island tented camp
      10-Sep boat back to Maun tented camp
      11-Sep game drive Moremi camping
      12-Sep game drive Savuti camping
      13-Sep game drive Chobe camping
      14-Sep game drive Kasane camping
      15-Sep into Zim Vic Falls lodge
      16-Sep visit Falls Vic Falls lodge
      17-Sep drive Nata/Gweta camping
      18-Sep game drive Nxai Pan camping
      19-Sep return vehicle Maun tented camp

The costs are
      2 per vehicle 2350 euros
      3 pv 2000 euros
      4 pv 1825 euros

It includes park fees in Botswana (but not Vic Falls), camping and lodge accommodation, fully equipped 4x4 vehicle and fuel, guide (who drives the lead vehicle, participants drive the second vehicle). boat trips to and from Chiefs' Island (about five to six hours), mokoro trip near Chiefs' island. Food and drinks kitty is not included, but the guide does the cooking apparently we just help wash up. Vic Falls park fees are currently 30 USD i think, not sure what Zimbabwe visa costs are.

Contact me if you are interested and I can send you the PDF about the trip that the guide sent me.

• In transit through Sir Seretsi Khama airport

Botswana Apr 16, 2012 at 2:39 AM

I will be traveling Joburg to Kasane in August and have about 5 hours of layover in Gaborone airport. Firstly, I presume that I am allowed to go into town as my final destination is still in Botswana so I will ave all the necessary documentation. Anyone know anywhere close by worth going, even if only for a nice breakfast and somewhere to get away from the airport for a couple of hours?

1 Answer Apr 16, 2012 at 8:41 AM
    • Driving with a friends car from Johannesburg to Botswana

Botswana Mar 15, 2012 at 2:00 AM

Myself and my husband are borrowing a friends car to drive from Johannesburg into Botswana. Firstly, does anyone know what additional papers we need if it is not our car?

Secoundly, we only have a week and don't want to kill ourselves driving. Can anyone recommend where to go and stay. We are on a budget.

Lastly, when coming back into south Africa, when they stamp your passport, how long do you get?

Your answers will be greatly appreciated.

1 Answer Mar 15, 2012 at 5:21 PM
    • maun activities

Maun Oct 21, 2011 at 5:23 AM

hey...i am planning to go to maun this december and i was just wondering about the activities such as boat cruising,game drives,the nightlife etc and how much they cost...

1 Answer Oct 21, 2011 at 5:43 AM
    • annsnook's Profile Photo

Vic Falls, Okovanga Delta and Chobe Nat Park

Botswana Oct 9, 2011 at 8:39 AM

Hi, want to do this trip last week in March/1st week April, should we get good weather or is it a bit too early for the Okavanga flooding? We want to see as many animals as possible.

Refs my previous post - decided not to go Etosha/Namibia - that will be another holiday.

Thanks
      A :)

5 Answers Oct 10, 2011 at 2:13 AM
    • Getting from Livingstone to Chobe, Kasane, Maun

Botswana Jun 4, 2011 at 1:40 AM

We have from 22 July 2010 till 28 July to cover the area fly out of Livingstone.
      We would like to see the Chobe NP and possibly other parks around the area. Have looked at the safaris and they are very expensive. We don't have transport.
      So we need to get from place to place and find budget transport and then some some cheap day trips.
      Anyone able to suggest how to do it? It is possible to get cheaper prices once we get to Livingstone, Kasane?
      I am needing to sort this out now as time is getting closer.

5 Answers Jun 16, 2011 at 1:48 AM
    • Road condition Bokspits/Middelpits

Botswana May 24, 2011 at 4:17 PM

I am planning to travel from Kgalagadi Park to Botswana via Bokspits and Middelpits to Tshabong in a normal 2x4 sedan. The map I have seem to indicate that this is a surfaced road - but Google maps show this as a gravel road. What is the condition of this road??? Will it be advisable to do this road in my sedan???

1 Answer May 25, 2011 at 12:53 AM
    • Botswana to Victoria Falls

Botswana May 16, 2011 at 10:22 AM

Somebody knows how the best way from Botswana to visit Victoria Falls? Are there some transport like bus/taxi/train or is it better to buy a tour ticket in some local travel agency?
      Any help would be greatly appreciated…

7 Answers May 20, 2012 at 2:23 AM
    • DarkMantis's Profile Photo

Livingstone (Zambia) to Gaborone?

Botswana Mar 28, 2011 at 4:32 AM

Hiya,

Finally decided to travel from livingstone in Zambia to Gaborone in botswana. Could anyone give me some information about buses which might run this route? I can't find much online at all! Just need to blitz from Livingstone to Gabs as quickly as possible really so any info on how to get down there would be much appreciated!

Otherwise if bus really isn't an option how about driving - how is the road from Kasane to Nata? Can I do it in a 2WD? If I have a satnav what are the chances of getting lost? The road looks really easy from Google Maps actually.

So bus is my preferred option but I will drive if I have to!

Thanks,

Caz

3 Answers Apr 8, 2011 at 9:42 AM
    • Oosie's Profile Photo

African Ranches River Camp near Martins drift border post

Botswana Nov 30, 2010 at 12:22 PM

I want to do a all round camping trip in Botswana.
      Has anyone been to African Ranches River Camp in Botswana, yet?

1 Answer May 3, 2012 at 8:12 AM
    • annsnook's Profile Photo

Vic Falls, Okovanga Delta and Etosha Nat Park

Botswana Aug 26, 2010 at 4:59 AM

Hi, want to do this trip first week of Jan but worried about the weather.....should we postpone?
      ps where should we stay in Ok Delta? Any region with more animals that others?
      Thanks
      A :)

9 Answers May 22, 2011 at 1:56 AM
    • trip to vic falls from kasane

Kasane May 14, 2010 at 1:21 AM

I want to go rafting and also spend an hour watching the falls and organise it from kasane. I have heard rafting is better from the Zambian side. Can this be done in a one day trip?

Wkr Edwin

1 Answer May 14, 2010 at 6:10 AM
    • Traveling to Gabarone, Botswana in May-June

Botswana Apr 20, 2010 at 7:08 PM

I will be studying abroad in Botswana from the end of May to mid-June (22 days). I have heard that it can be warm during the day and can get very cold at night. I live in Georgia, so we are not used to very cold weather. I know to dress in layers, but I'm more wondering what type of shoes to bring to wear during the day and night? Any other packing tips would be helpful.

Also we will be staying at the University of Botswana and working with Somareland Tikologo. If anyone has anything good to share about either or what it might be like staying there I would love to hear.

One weekend we'll be staying at Buffalo Ridge Safari Lodge. It looks really nice! Is it recommended?

Any other recommendations or things I should know? Thanks for any feedback!

4 Answers May 3, 2010 at 12:23 PM
    • Botswana flooding

Botswana Apr 4, 2010 at 11:11 PM

what is the status of the water level in the Okavango delta.
      considering some time there early June 2010-what can I expect with water and animals?

thanks

1 Answer Apr 6, 2010 at 2:47 AM
    • milislav's Profile Photo

Botswana accomodations

Botswana Mar 19, 2010 at 12:54 PM

I am planing to visit Botswana and part of Zimbabwe in August 2010.I am turned off with astronomical prices for lodging.What they call budget is over 100 dollars a night and in areas closer to CHOBE or Vic.Falls nothing under150 per person.Is that correct ,or I am looking at wrong sites and reading wrong books?
      Interested in simple accomodation under50 per room in Francistown,Bulawayo,
      Victoria Falls and Delta.
      Please help or We go to Tanzania and Uganda.
      Thanks
      Milislav

10 Answers Aug 4, 2010 at 11:55 PM
    • Studying in Botswana

Botswana Feb 3, 2010 at 6:16 PM

I have the opportunity to study one or two semesters in Botswana as part of my degree back home. I would be interested in hearing about the experiences of anyone who has studied in Botswana as a foreign student (good, bad and ugly please).

Also, what would be the approximate cost of living, not considering rent ( I will probably stay on-campus and already know the costs of that)? I would prefer to eat locally (no expensive restaurants) and catch public transport where possible, and would obviously get a local sim card for my phone.

Thank you for your help.

1 Answer Mar 30, 2010 at 5:00 AM