Botswana Travel Answers

change location

In transit through Sir Seretsi Khama airport

by Sable37 Online Now Apr 16, 2012 at 2:39 AM

I will be traveling Joburg to Kasane in August and have about 5 hours of layover in Gaborone airport. Firstly, I presume that I am allowed to go into town as my final destination is still in Botswana so I will ave all the necessary documentation. Anyone know anywhere close by worth going, even if only for a nice breakfast and somewhere to get away from the airport for a couple of hours?

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • CatherineReichardt's Profile Photo

Re: In transit through Sir Seretsi Khama airport

by CatherineReichardt Online Now Apr 16, 2012 at 8:41 AM

Hi
    Yes, you should be able to leave the airport, as you will have cleared immigration.
    You will also have to clear customs, and thereafter will have to recheck your baggage for the internal flight. The airport at Gabs is small, so this won't take you long, but allow yourself an hour to complete immigration and customs just in case you bump into an officious bunch of officials.
    Where to go? Well, in all honesty, there's not a great deal to do in Gabs that you could access within this time frame. I think that your best bet would be to grab a taxi and head for one of the shopping malls: try either Riverwalk or Game City, which have a reasonable selection of shops (virtually all of which are branches of South African chains) and a selection of restaurants.
    Regards
    Cathy

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Botswana Travel Answer Locations