Botswana Travel Answers

change location

How far ahead do I need to reserve camp-sites for safaris?

by thirdman99 Online Now Sep 1, 2008 at 3:02 PM

I'm leaving for Africa trip in 10 days (Botswana Namibia, and South Africa for 2 months), and am finally starting to decide on the specific itineraries (I know, very late).

The one thing that made me worried when I was reading the guidebook was it looks like some of the safaris require camp-site reservations well in advance. I'm planning to pitch my own tent at each safari (and probably avoid most of the safaris where I cannot for a budget reason), and my previous impression was that you don't need well-advanced reservations for doing so.

However it looks like that's not true at least for the safaris in Botswana (Chobe and Moremi). How well in advance do you think I need to make them for those safaris? I usually don't like setting up fixed dates to go to certain places when I travel (except having rough ideas), and I'd rather not do that if I don't have to, but it seems like you don't have a choice for certain safaris.

Also are there other safaris in the above three countries, where I'd need to make reservations for camping (meaning pitching my own tent) well in advance? It doesn't look like I have to for Krugers, but I'm not sure about others.

Thank you for your advice.

Quote & Answer
0 Answers
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Botswana Travel Answer Locations