Boston

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Safety of area

by happyholidays2015 Online Now Jun 1, 2015 at 2:57 AM

Hi we are travelling to boston and staying in Ashmount. I have heard that its not safe at night. Is this true can anyone advise?

more
    • dreamsofeurope's Profile Photo

vacation rental

by dreamsofeurope Online Now May 21, 2015 at 8:06 PM

Hi
      Does anyone have a recommendation for a vacation rental in the North End? There will be 3 couples and we prefer apartment rental to hotels... I've stay in wonderful places with my small family of 3 but am finding it much harder to find a place to accommodate 6 adults at a reasonable price (3 bedrooms are not necessary)
      Thanks so much!
      Angela

more
    • Planning my trip

by jimmy2timeshorses Online Now May 14, 2015 at 2:54 AM

I am travelling with my family (wife and 2 kids aged 3 and 6) to Boston in August for 2 weeks. It's our first time there and we are thinking of driving to Cape Cod and maybe Vermont. Can anyone suggest an itinerary?

Thanks in advance.

more
    • Safety of area

by happyholidays2015 Online Now Jun 1, 2015 at 2:57 AM

Hi we are travelling to boston and staying in Ashmount. I have heard that its not safe at night. Is this true can anyone advise?

1 Answer Jun 1, 2015 at 3:26 AM
    • dreamsofeurope's Profile Photo

vacation rental

by dreamsofeurope Online Now May 21, 2015 at 8:06 PM

Hi
      Does anyone have a recommendation for a vacation rental in the North End? There will be 3 couples and we prefer apartment rental to hotels... I've stay in wonderful places with my small family of 3 but am finding it much harder to find a place to accommodate 6 adults at a reasonable price (3 bedrooms are not necessary)
      Thanks so much!
      Angela

1 Answer May 21, 2015 at 8:26 PM
    • Planning my trip

by jimmy2timeshorses Online Now May 14, 2015 at 2:54 AM

I am travelling with my family (wife and 2 kids aged 3 and 6) to Boston in August for 2 weeks. It's our first time there and we are thinking of driving to Cape Cod and maybe Vermont. Can anyone suggest an itinerary?

Thanks in advance.

8 Answers May 29, 2015 at 2:57 AM
    • Trip to Boston to see the Red Sox

by OlivierB2 Online Now May 2, 2015 at 8:43 AM

Hi i'm planning a trip to Boston from Montreal. I was wondering what's the best and the cheapest place to stay near the city center. Also, I want to buy some tickets for the Red Sox, what's the best place to buy. I'm a bit scared to buy tickets from a resale site. Any suggestions? Thank you very much.

3 Answers May 4, 2015 at 5:31 AM
    • EllenH's Profile Photo

Boston luggage storage?

by EllenH Online Now Apr 30, 2015 at 8:31 PM

Hi, We get into Logan at 4:45 pm friday september 25, would like to go to Fenway for an orioles game at 7:10 and go back to the airport for a 6 AM flight. Would prefer not to drag our carry on luggage to the game. Delta would check our luggage but only 6 hours prior so no luck there. Does Logan have any kind of storage? Thanks!

8 Answers May 1, 2015 at 10:53 AM
    • dejavu2gb's Profile Photo

Stopover Advice in Boston

by dejavu2gb Online Now Apr 30, 2015 at 2:54 PM

I have a stopover in Boston tomorrow night. I arrive from London at around 22:00 and depart for Miami at 5am.
      I am aware that these times are rather unsocial, but if there are any suggestions to kill time, it would be greatly appreciated.
      Anywhere good to sleep at this time? I have AA Lounge access, but seems the lounge only opens at 04:15am. So seems I will have around 5 hours to kill.
      Maybe a ride on the Metro to a nearby area to have a beer or something?
      Any suggestions welcome! Thanks. G :)

11 Answers Jun 1, 2015 at 8:03 AM
    • Is Egypt Safe?

by creola25 Online Now Mar 23, 2015 at 12:56 PM

I'm from the U.S. and I'm planning to book a trip to Cairo for the end of May but is on and off about going?

3 Answers Mar 23, 2015 at 1:21 PM
    • view from The Pru Observatory and Custom House (Marriott)

by travelling_princess8 Online Now Mar 18, 2015 at 11:10 PM

Hi, All. I have heard that there are amazing views from The Pru and Custom House. Are the views relatively the same? The cost for The Pru is $16 and Custom House is $5 (I think. I haven't been able to confirm this). If so, we'll opt for just The Pru.

I think the Custom House observatory is only open after 2pm. I haven't been able to confirm this, as I went online and couldn't find the info.

Your thoughts are much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

3 Answers Mar 24, 2015 at 9:07 PM
    • Boston to Portsmouth

by SwatiP Online Now Mar 17, 2015 at 9:53 AM

Hi Folks,

Can someone please suggest the best option to travel from Boston to Portsmouth? To be specific I have to be at Residence Inn Portsmouth Downtown on 30th March by 4:00 PM. Would prefer to take any kind of public transport.

Thanks
      Swati

2 Answers Mar 17, 2015 at 1:00 PM
    • Angholcombe's Profile Photo

R v travel in New England

by Angholcombe Online Now Feb 22, 2015 at 3:49 PM

Any tips for a trip around New England, thinking of going but maybe hiring an R V to travel around in.
      Never been to that part of USA before so any ideas of places to go and things to see etc would be great.
      Also if there are many facilities to stay at with the RV.
      Thanks

3 Answers Feb 26, 2015 at 5:47 AM
    • Harbour Islands

by travelling_princess8 Online Now Feb 10, 2015 at 6:47 PM

I looked at the website, and it is true that the ferries only run from Boston to the Harbor Islands from May to October? I hope I'm reading it incorrectly,

I suppose taking Boston Harbor Cruises is the only way to get from Boston to the Harbor Islands?

5 Answers Feb 16, 2015 at 3:09 PM
    • accommodations

by travelling_princess8 Online Now Jan 25, 2015 at 12:39 AM

Hi, All. I am looking into accommodations for Boston from April 3-6, 2015, and it appears the prices for a clean, well-rated (3 out of 5 on Hotels.com) and central hotel (I looked near downtown) is no less than $250 per night. We (2 adults) were hoping to spend about $150 per night for a room. Is there something going on (an event) that's causing an increase to the prices, or causing low availability in Boston?

A separate question I would like to post is what area would you recommend for a first-time tourist? We are in our 30's, love culture and food, and love to see what a city is all about. We will take in the North End, museums, Quincy Market, Freedom Trail, Beacon Hill, and other touristy sites. We are very mobile and plan on taking the "T" everywhere.

Thank you in advance!

17 Answers Feb 3, 2015 at 10:49 PM
    • Loulabelle74's Profile Photo

Boston Weather

by Loulabelle74 Online Now Nov 24, 2014 at 4:25 AM

Sorry that ask help for such a trivial question!
      BUT I'm trying to find most accurate weather for travelling to Boston this week thursday-mo day and there's no 2 weather information sites saying the same!

According to some it's to be around 5-10c then another couple I found are advising 1c to minus -7 around evening. Are there any local news or weather stations you can recommend that's most reliable. I'd hate to be packing clothes suitable for the artic when in actual fact sub-zero temps are unlikely!

Lou

4 Answers Nov 24, 2014 at 4:50 AM
    • gapiffy's Profile Photo

should we add 3 nights in boston to our trip?

by gapiffy Online Now Nov 15, 2014 at 12:00 PM

okay you east coasters -- i need help again!! we are an australian family of 6-- first time on the east coast--- we have two weeks to get from the east coast to dallas in jan/feb.flying into la, then flighing directly to nyc or boston or washington-
      some train travel and then pick up a car. not sure where yet.my mind is a mess of options....
      how wise do you think it would be to add boston to the mix at that time of year?
      First plan was nyc washington dc south to charleston,across to montgomery ,onto new orleans and up to frisco
      second idea was skip new orleans and go nashville to frisco from charleston
      third idea-- was skip charleston cause its too far(though does look great) - and intead concentrate on the top a bit more--eg boston-nyc-washington-lancaster ashville gettysburg,nashville frisco
      given the distances and the weather not too sure which way to roll
      we enjoy history,nice houses(loved san fran!) nice look outs scenic drives.
      Just to add a silly question to the mix -- we loved san fran when we were there a few years ago -- is there anywhere on the eastern side that has its charm-- the house the views etc(i am sure there is!-- i just need to find it-- maybe alot of it!!
      The reason i ask is we will do a week on the west after dallas and wont go to san fran if we have had a good hit of charm on the east-- sorry i know it is an odd thing to ask.. thanks all!

14 Answers Nov 24, 2014 at 4:39 AM
    • Weekend In Boston

by SwatiP Online Now Oct 29, 2014 at 10:42 AM

Dear All,

This is my first visit to Boston and I have the coming weekend ( including Friday evening) all to myself. Can the kind folks here please suggest what are the must dos for a non-American on a Halloween weekend?

Thanks
      Swati

11 Answers Nov 2, 2014 at 7:25 AM
    • New Year in Boston 2014/15

by AV_Scot Online Now Oct 27, 2014 at 3:10 AM

Hi all

A friend and I are travelling to Boston for New Year (all the way from Scotland) this year. I've spent alot of time in Boston but mainly in summertime so I'm not sure what/where to go for First Night. I'm aware of the family events/activities throughout the day/evening which I'm sure we'll enjoy... However I've not seen much online about parties in clubs etc? We are 25-26 and looking for a good night to bring in the New Year...any suggestions? We're staying in the Copley Marriott... so any suggestions downtown or Back Bay would be great?

We are in Boston until the 4th so any suggestions for things going on otherwise would be great?!

Thanks in advance!
      AV

1 Answer Oct 27, 2014 at 4:46 AM
    • lobstop's Profile Photo

Stormy weather

by lobstop Online Now Oct 23, 2014 at 5:23 AM

Dear Folks,

What would you recommend me to do on a rainy and stormy day like today? This Is my first day in Boston ever.

Kind regards
      Lob

6 Answers Oct 24, 2014 at 7:59 AM
    • Loulabelle74's Profile Photo

Thanksgiving visit to Boston

by Loulabelle74 Online Now Oct 11, 2014 at 4:39 AM

Hiya.

I have just booked flights for a solo 4 day visit to Boston in November arriving on Thanksgiving day!

My mission is predominantly shopping particulary whilst sales will be on. I wondered if anyone could recommend advice on following:

1) Best area to book a hotel in, I'm considering Fairmont Copley plaza or Loews Boston. Both look very central.

2) Am I safe enough to be using subway etc on my own especially evenings?

3) what's best way to get.to/from premium outlets from city centre?

4) Are there any tours like the hop on/off big bus tours that can get me round sights on such a short visit?

So looking forward to visiting Boston, I love the U.S. and even though this iz my first trip alone I can't wait!!

Lou

18 Answers Nov 24, 2014 at 4:54 AM
    • rosieweasley's Profile Photo

Harvard sweatshirt

by rosieweasley Online Now Oct 9, 2014 at 4:32 PM

Hi, I'm going to visit Boston this weekend, and really would like to get myself a Harvard sweatshirt! I would like to know if it's easy to find some and if no, where is it possible?
      Also it would be appreciated if you could tell me how much it costs approximately.
      Thank you so much!!

3 Answers Oct 18, 2014 at 2:47 PM
    • Where to stay in Cambridge, MA

by DARO19 Online Now Sep 24, 2014 at 8:04 AM

Hi there, I'm going to study english for 2 weeks (December 6-20).

Which places recommend me to stay, I was thinking in a BnB, I found Irving House and Lotus Place ($1600 and $1400).

Also I would appreciate tips about living and places to visit in Boston.

Thank you!!

4 Answers Dec 9, 2014 at 2:40 AM
    • jtraveler9's Profile Photo

Where to stay?

by jtraveler9 Online Now Sep 9, 2014 at 8:49 AM

Trying to find cheaper accommodations for my friend and I while in Boston... any suggestions ? (Outside of hotels, like popular hostels? Or how has airbnb been?) And any specific areas we should stick to, that would put us relatively close to stuff to see? Thanks in advance!

2 Answers Sep 14, 2014 at 9:50 PM
    • Seeking Kitsch Sundries

by SRandallS Online Now Sep 3, 2014 at 10:51 AM

I have recently returned to New England after living in Seattle for two decades. There is a delightful kitsch toys-and-decor store in Seattle called Archie McPhee: http://mcphee.com
      Is there anything like that in Boston or anywhere else in New England?

3 Answers Sep 6, 2014 at 11:44 AM
    • Dek39's Profile Photo

Bars in Boston

by Dek39 Online Now Sep 1, 2014 at 10:29 AM

We will be visiting Boston for three days next week, staying in the Club Quarters. Can anyone recommend any good bars and restaurants around the area we are staying? Any that have happy hours would be a plus. Many thanks

7 Answers Sep 1, 2014 at 5:37 PM
    • crazypaws's Profile Photo

7 day link pass MBTA

by crazypaws Online Now Sep 1, 2014 at 4:27 AM

Hi all,

I’ll be visiting Boston in a few weeks, and will be using the subway quite a bit. I’m a bit confused about the 7 day link pass the MBTA offers.
      You get unlimited rides with that pass, but the validity is confusing. The website says the 7 days start from the day and time of purchase.
      I’m arriving on a Saturday night around 7pm, leaving the following Saturday at around 4pm. So if I buy this pass around 8pm on the day I arrive, this pass should be valid until 8pm on the Saturday I leave, would this assumption be correct? That would mean I won’t have to buy any separate tickets during my stay. On other websites I’ve read that the 7 days are calendar days, so you’re better off buying the card early in the morning to have a full day’s use of it.

Can someone shed some light on this?

Thanks!

8 Answers Sep 7, 2014 at 2:37 AM
    • solo traveller to boston

by mavistee Online Now Aug 20, 2014 at 4:27 AM

I am travelling to the us in September and Boston will be my last stop
      the end of september -
      what will the weather be like
      & shopping outlet's which is the best and nearest boston and is there public transport to it

4 Answers Aug 20, 2014 at 6:24 AM
    • Best Way to Faneuil Hall, Boston

by khickeyvirtualtouris Online Now Aug 3, 2014 at 6:06 PM

What is the best way to get to Fanueil Hall from Cape Cod. I used to live in Boston and could get around with my eyes closed and now (it's been a long time) I am not sure if I should drive in...or take the train...or what?

3 Answers Aug 10, 2014 at 5:38 AM
    • places to stay in boston ma

by 6645girls Online Now Aug 3, 2014 at 4:43 PM

first time to boston, ma in september 7-13. We do not want to rent a car, but want to explore boston and surrounding areas.. fly into Logan. Where is a good centrally located hotel for our trip?

1 Answer Aug 18, 2014 at 10:49 AM
    • Hotel near hop on hop off stop

by filbert8 Online Now Jul 23, 2014 at 7:26 AM

My wife and I are two seniors who will be staying one night in Boston MA in early October. My wife has limited walking ability. We will be using the Trusted Tours Old Town Trolley Tour Hop on Hop Off trolley for two days and would like to stay in a hotel within a block or two of one of the twenty or so trolley stops they make. Problem is that Trusted Tours website only shows a list of the popular tourist stops by name but they don’t show a map with street names like other tour operators do. Consequently, we aren’t able to tell how far away a particular hotel is from a particular stop.

Do all tour operators use the same stops at popular tourist points? If so, maybe we could use one of the maps other tour vendors provide to help us choose a nearby hotel.

Thank you very much.

7 Answers Aug 3, 2014 at 7:46 AM
    • 1jabbar's Profile Photo

sleep/waiting at Logan airport

by 1jabbar Online Now Jul 6, 2014 at 4:28 PM

Anyone know if it is possible to spend the night at Logan airport in order to catch an early flight next morning. Any advice tips appreciated.

1 Answer Oct 16, 2014 at 7:56 AM
    • mccalpin's Profile Photo

Boston Common Hotel near Copley Square

by mccalpin Online Now Jun 30, 2014 at 1:35 PM

Hi, y'all. I am playing travel agent again. I have two women who would like to stay for a few (I don't know many) days near Copley Square in Boston. The prices of most hotels are frightening - $400 and up. Perhaps there's a conference there at the random dates I picked (October 10th or so)?

However, the Boston Common Hotel comes in at half the price (still around $220, depending on the discounts). What do you think of this hotel for two reasonably savvy, self-propelled women (60s and 80s)?

Bill

7 Answers Jun 30, 2014 at 7:49 PM