Boston Travel Answers

change location
Browneyedauntie's Profile Photo

Staying at The Lenox hotel.. need restaurant info

by Browneyedauntie Online Now Jan 28, 2013 at 5:55 PM

Hi My husband and I are traveling to Boston on Feb 5th for a week to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. We are staying at the Lenox in the back bay area and I am wondering if anyone has restaurants to point us to??? WIll there be alot of choices in that area??? Anyone have any suggestions as to one thing we shouldnt miss while we are in Boston?? Thanks for any info!!! So excited for our trip to Boston!

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • Agraichen's Profile Photo

Re: Staying at The Lenox hotel.. need restaurant info

by Agraichen Online Now Jan 28, 2013 at 6:13 PM

It's been a while since I lived back there but the Lenox I knew was only a couple blocks from the Prudential Center and the restaurant at the top was great. I would however use the T and travel to Faneuil Hall where there's a number of great places. Don't miss Ye Olde Oyster House where history and good food meet. The No Name Restaurant on the Fish Pier has been an institution for decades as is Anthony's Pier 4 just down the street.

Boston has so much history that walking the Freedom Trail is a must do, for me, as many times as I can. There's always something different to find.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • ViajesdelMundo's Profile Photo

by ViajesdelMundo Online Now Jan 28, 2013 at 8:45 PM

was there this past summer and thoroughly enjoyed walking the 'Trail' in parts over a couple days, too; and Fanuiel Hall area--but something maybe not so well known to visitors is the PUBLIC LIBRARY on Boylston St; fabulous architecture and ceiling in main room; as well as several beautiful older churches in same area; see pics on my Boston page.

"HISTORICAL BOSTON" - Boston by ViajesdelMundo

• Agraichen's Profile Photo

by Agraichen Online Now Jan 28, 2013 at 9:57 PM

OMG thanks Trish... I sutdied in the library in the 60's many weekends when I was dating my HS flame and even beyond. I really need to get back to get som photos.

• leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now Jan 28, 2013 at 11:25 PM

Yes, I'd agree with walking some or all of the Freedom Trail. I very much enjoyed walking North End and Beacon Hill, both full of historical sites.

I'd also suggest taking a sunset cruise to see the city skyline and the cannon being fired from Old Ironsides:

"Take a sunset cruise" - Harbor Cruises & Whale Watch Tours Tip by leics

I don't usually indulge in such things, but I very much enjoyed that particular cruise.

• alansm's Profile Photo

by alansm Online Now Jan 30, 2013 at 3:46 AM

Almost across the street is Atlantic Fish Compnay and there's a Legal Seafoods in the Prudential Center. The Oyster House noted earlier is the Union Oyster House and is located Downtown near Faneuil Hall.

• IanMacPhail's Profile Photo

by IanMacPhail Online Now Feb 5, 2013 at 7:24 AM

The Lenox is in a perfect location for a choice of restaurants. Most just across the street!
    I like the MFA, the Kennedy library, Sam Adams brewery tour (hic) and Beacon Hill.
    Enjoy it. :-)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines