Bosnia and Herzegovina

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Popular Bosnia and Herzegovina Travel Answer Locations

• HenriettaStackpole's Profile Photo

What happens on Statehood Day & airport delays due to fog on winter mornings

Sarajevo Oct 22, 2015 at 9:25 AM

I'm looking forward to visiting Sarajevo in November and I just noticed that one of the days I'm visiting, November 25, is a holiday called Statehood Day. I am curious about how the holiday will effect my visit. Should I expect closures on this day? Are there activities I could participate in?

Also, I recently read that morning flights in winter are often delayed to fog. Anyone have experience with this? I ask because I am due to work the next morning after I return from Bosnia and I wonder if I should prepare for significant delays because I have an early morning flight.

Thank you in advance for your replies!

• Heathrow to Sarajevo via Zagreb

Sarajevo Sep 20, 2015 at 2:01 AM

I am travelling to Sarajevo via Zagreb with Croatia Air and wondering whether the bags will be checked into the final destination at Heathrow as flight times in Zagreb are very tight?

2 Answers Sep 20, 2015 at 3:52 AM
    • Taxi from Fojnica to Prokosko

Fojnica Aug 27, 2015 at 1:34 PM

Hello, is there any taxi/car rental from fojnica to prokosko?

3 Answers Aug 28, 2015 at 4:41 AM
    • Ziu9's Profile Photo

Transport between Pale and Jahorina ski resort

Bosnia and Herzegovina Aug 17, 2015 at 11:05 AM

I'm planning a winter skiing at Jahorina. I don't have a car, so I need some informations about a public transport facilities. I will go by train to Beograd, than by bus to Pale. Can I transport my skis in these international buses? Is there any extra fee for this "special" luggage?

The other question is, where to book an accomodation.
      It looks like a good idea, to stay in Pale, if there is a bus service that takes to Jahorina in the morning, and take back in the afternoon. I 've seen the website of Pticabus: it seem's like there is a regular tourist line from Pale to Jahorina. In the winter, is it functional as a ski bus?

If I choose an accomodation at Jahorina, I need a taxi from Pale. How much have to be a price of this journey? Are the drivers reliable? (Need to avoid expensive private 'mafia-style' taxis...)

Thank you for responses.
      Tamás, Budapest

1 Answer Aug 18, 2015 at 10:54 AM
    • Transportation from Tuzla airport to city

Tuzla Jul 20, 2015 at 3:58 AM

What is the normal price for a taxi ride from Tuzla airport to the city center? It seems to be the only way to get there, except by renting a car. (The distance should be about 15 km.)

2 Answers Jul 20, 2015 at 4:25 AM
    • Weather in End of March

Bosnia and Herzegovina Jul 13, 2015 at 1:25 AM

I am considering a trip to Sarajevo and Mostar during Easter 2016, i. e. end of March month.

I have read online that the temperature the same period this year had between 12 and 19 degrees C, but I have also read that there is a 60% risk of rain in March. What is the weather usually like during the period? I am the owner of a Swedish travel blog and I need sunshine and a blue sky on my pictures!

2 Answers Jul 13, 2015 at 1:10 PM
    • augustiner's Profile Photo

Wizz Airport Bus to Sarajevo .....and maybe Zenica?

Tuzla Jul 9, 2015 at 5:42 AM

I am flying to Tuzla from Germany with Wizz Air. Their website says they have a bus going to Sarajevo when the flight comes at 10 pm. What are my chances of them letting me out in or close to Zenica? Should be on the way. It says on their site this is a direct bus, no stops. But who knows.

If that won't work, does anybody know what a taxi Tuzla Airport - Zenica might cost?

3 Answers Jul 9, 2015 at 8:11 AM
    • Split to Medjugorje

Medjugorje Jun 16, 2015 at 10:04 AM

We arrive in Split (3 of is in our family) on a Wednesday in July at 11:05 am.
      What is the best way to get to Medjugorje at that point (sounds like we just missed the bus, which I belives departs at 10:50am. with the next next one at 17:20 if my info is correct). Any suggestions for getting to Medjugorje (Quo Vadis) without waiting for the next but at 17:20? Wondering if you can use Uber and if that would make sense vs. if there is another bus, etc. ??? Thanks for your input

1 Answer Jun 16, 2015 at 6:02 PM
    • Day tour from Sarajevo to Visegrad

Sarajevo May 23, 2015 at 4:12 AM

We are planning to visit Visegrad from Sarajevo in early July, Is it possible to join the local tour? Please help with some advice.

2 Answers Jul 10, 2015 at 12:10 PM
    • Typical food- hercegovina

Bosnia and Herzegovina May 20, 2015 at 5:10 AM

What is typical food in hercegovina?

1 Answer May 20, 2015 at 5:35 AM
    • Ljubuski fact

Bosnia and Herzegovina May 20, 2015 at 5:07 AM

Hi, What do you guys has to say about the city ljubuski? You can tell me EVERYTHING about the city. Everything is interesting.

1 Answer May 20, 2015 at 3:17 PM
    • travel.mania's Profile Photo

places in Bosnia and Herzegovina

Bosnia and Herzegovina May 2, 2015 at 11:20 PM

I am going to Bosnia and Herzegovina in two weeks. I welcome any suggestions for places to visit and things to do. I only know Sarajevo and Mostar. Thanks

4 Answers May 3, 2015 at 4:14 AM
    • Drugness's Profile Photo

Good guesthouse or hostel in Doboj, anyone?

Doboj Apr 1, 2015 at 11:30 AM

Hello everybody
      I'm looking to spend a night in Doboj but just for one night. Can anyone tell me a good budget place to stay, reasonably central or close to the bus stations (I believe there are 2 of them?). I'm not really a fan of hotels but if the price is right...
      Thanks everyone!

9 Answers Apr 2, 2015 at 8:06 AM
    • Tuzla to Hilton Bosphorous Istanbul

Tuzla Apr 1, 2015 at 4:38 AM

How can i go from Radisson Blu hotel Tuzla to Hilton Bosphorous Istanbul. What are the means of transport. Please advise.

3 Answers Apr 14, 2015 at 9:07 AM

Daytrip from B. Luka to Doboj?

Banja Luka Mar 31, 2015 at 4:23 PM

Hello all
      There is 1 train a day from B.L to Doboj. This is fine, but I can't find a way to get from Doboj to Belgrade. Can someone tell me the options for doing a daytrip from B.L to Doboj? I need about 3-4 hours in Doboj, if possible. Buses or trains are fine if possible!
      Thank you all!

1 Answer Mar 31, 2015 at 8:08 PM

Is there a bus or train from Doboj to Belgrade? And also between Doboj and Banja Luka?

Doboj Mar 31, 2015 at 3:42 PM

Hello all
      I am struggling to find some information online about timetables. I would prefer the quicker route but if anyone can help. I would be very thankful!
      Also, it seems there are no bus routes between Doboj and Banja Luka. Is this correct?

5 Answers Jul 15, 2015 at 3:12 PM
    • Around Bosnia

Bosnia and Herzegovina Jan 18, 2015 at 3:32 PM

Hello everyone

Can someone tell me if its possible to hire taxi to bring us tour outside Sarajevo for day trip? How much does it cost? or hiring a car with driver will be much better?

Looking foward to some answer!

Thank you

3 Answers May 4, 2015 at 7:01 AM
    • upit za smještaj

Kupres Jan 8, 2015 at 10:03 AM

Gradska kavana?
      Nudi li još uvijek uslugu noćenja?

2 Answers Jan 8, 2015 at 2:16 PM
    • SirKaos's Profile Photo

15 days in Bosnia and Montenegro

Bosnia and Herzegovina Dec 11, 2014 at 4:59 AM

Hello everyone...

We are a couple on budget travel and we would like to check out Bosnia and Montenegro's best non touristic areas.
      We will probably land in Sarajevo and start our short journey from there. which cities do you recommend ? We prefer nature more than cities.

8 Answers Apr 22, 2015 at 7:31 AM
    • Sarajevo - Mostar Train 2014

Mostar Dec 5, 2014 at 11:24 AM

I am planning to take train from Sarajevo to Mostar on December. I am trying to find the departure / arrival time, but cannot find the definitive answer. So far I could find is the train leave Sarajevo at 6:51 and arrives Mostat at 9:26. Is this correct? Also how much is the train ticket?

2 Answers Dec 5, 2014 at 1:49 PM
    • Bus Aeropuerto Dubrovnik a Estacion Terminal Autobus Mostar West

Mostar Nov 9, 2014 at 8:28 AM

Que compañia de buses va desde el aeropuerto de dubrovnik a la terminal de autobuses de mostar west?
      saben horarios y como abonarlo por internet? desde Argentina. Muchas gracias !!

1 Answer Nov 9, 2014 at 12:19 PM
    • Driving from Zagreb to Sarajevo - how long?

Sarajevo Oct 18, 2014 at 12:39 PM

Hi. I have heard all sorts of estimates on how long it takes to drive from Zagreb to Sarajevo. As of mid-October, how long is it taking? What is the fastest way to get to Sarajevo? Thanks.

5 Answers Oct 26, 2014 at 3:41 AM
    • visa reqiremant for medugorje

Medugorje Oct 1, 2014 at 10:09 PM

if we want to go to medgjorje from italy via ancona split ferry which all visas we wil require . we will be taking schengan visa .on way back we are flying from split to munich

5 Answers Oct 6, 2014 at 12:09 PM
    • jonathanbarker's Profile Photo

Taking time to visit Pocitelj

Pocitelj Sep 29, 2014 at 8:59 AM

At the end of October, I am hoping to visit Pocitelj while I am staying in Mostar. In 2012 Maya Sar, who was representing BIH in that years Eurovision Song contest, made an accompanying video to the song "Korake ti znam". The last part of the video was made in Pocitelj, and even featured the tower when a treble-clef is placed on the top. This I hope is not off topic as that is one of the reasons I want to see the city. I have seen a comment from 2005, that there are buses from Mostar? Is the service still as good. Can anyone recommend a good place for a lunch or a drink. Thank you

11 Answers Oct 20, 2014 at 8:02 AM
    • need help plz

Sarajevo Sep 23, 2014 at 3:51 AM

we are four fiends having a trouble of deciding which of one of the following options shall we choose for our trip to Europe at the 26 th of December
      1. arrive Budapest , rent a car, drive to Sarajevo spend 3 days ,drive to Zagreb , spend a day , drive to Ljubljana spend 2 days , then back to Budapest for 4 nights .
      2. arrive Budapest ,rent a car ,drive to Munich ,spend 3 days, drive to salzburg spend the day ,then drive to Ljubljana spend 2 days ,then back to Budapest to spend 4 nights .

any advice please?

6 Answers Sep 23, 2014 at 7:29 AM
    • slometa's Profile Photo

Bicycle on train

Mostar Sep 5, 2014 at 6:18 AM

We will arrive by bike to Mostar at the end of September and would like to go from Mostar to Sarajevo (and then further to Zagreb) by train. I aske to the railway station via their e-mail if it is possible to take the bike on the train (and how much it would cost) but I don't get the answer (even after second mail). I was trying to find the information elsewhere, but no results... Does anyone of you have this information? I would be grateful!

14 Answers Sep 9, 2014 at 1:31 PM
    • Maps available?

Bosnia and Herzegovina Aug 21, 2014 at 8:24 AM

Hi. Please, could you tell me where to find some kind of map for trekking in Bosnia? Me and my boyfriend would like to go to the mountains of Bosnia and Herzegovina and spend there 4 or 5 days. Are there some maps available? Thank you for your answer. Jitka

10 Answers Apr 12, 2015 at 6:55 PM
    • sarajevo to budapest

Sarajevo Aug 18, 2014 at 5:32 PM

My friend and I plan to take a ferry (overnight) from Ancona Italy to Split and then take a bus to Mostar to spend the night.The next day will go by bus to Sarajevo and stay the night. we need to be in Budapest the next day and wonder if anyone can advise the best way to get to budapest. From what we can see this will take most of the day. any information will be most helpful. Thank you

1 Answer Aug 18, 2014 at 9:12 PM
    • littlelawyer's Profile Photo

Arrive in Mostar or Sarajevo?

Bosnia and Herzegovina Jul 19, 2014 at 9:41 AM

Hello. A friend and I are planning a first visit to Bosnia and Herzegovina, late September. Trying to decide whether to start in Sarajevo (arriving by train around 7pm) or Mostar (arriving about 11pm). Mostar looks smaller / easier to get into town from the station but would it feel safe that time of night? Will it be OK checking into a hotel etc? (We plan to book). At first we thought it would be easier beginning our trip in the larger city; now looking at other options. Thanks! L

8 Answers Apr 12, 2015 at 6:57 PM
    • situation in sarajevo and Mostar

Bosnia and Herzegovina Jul 18, 2014 at 3:54 AM

Hi, I am planning to go to Sarajevo and Mostar at the end of July. Are these places safe to visit and not affected by flood? I need to book my flight ticket soon.

2 Answers Jul 18, 2014 at 7:46 AM