Borsod-Abauj-Zemplen Megye

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• flower shop

Gyor Jul 28, 2015 at 5:36 PM

There is a flower shop in Szechenyi Square that has two large wood rectangular panels with flowers on them. Does anybody know the name of the shop?

more
    • Opera and Parliament tours

Budapest Jul 20, 2015 at 1:47 PM

Is it best to buy tickets for these online and if so what are the sites to do this?

more
    • Camping supplies for 3 weeks

Budapest Jul 31, 2015 at 4:52 AM

Hello everyone
      A few friends and I are heading to Sziget Festival in Budapest on the 10th August and were just wondering where would be the best place in Budapest to get a 1 or 2 man tent before the festival?
      Also we will be travelling to Slovenia and then Pula, Croatia where we will be camping in both areas for around 3 weeks all up.
      Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks, Jackson

more
    • Accommodations

Budapest Jul 13, 2015 at 8:34 AM

I'm looking for some advice on places to stay in Budapest.

more
    • Shopping Area

Budapest Jul 23, 2015 at 4:09 AM

Where would we find the local shopping venues, I am not talking about high end designer shops but local department stores, smaller shops, etc. As Budapest is so large we would be looking for such an area and one that We can get to easily from our hotel , the Marriott Danube, either by Tram or Metro.

more
    • Vajdahunyad Castle

Budapest Jul 22, 2015 at 5:10 AM

In taking the metro to this place is it easy to find the castle once you emerge from the metro. in looking at the map it seems you emerged in a park and the castle is some distance away so I wonder are there signs to lead you to the castle? Can it be seen when you emerge from the Metro? Is there a cafe there where one can rest a bit and get a drink and snack?

more
    • Taxi fares

Budapest Jul 20, 2015 at 1:49 PM

We are arriving at the main train station and going to our hotel which is the Marriott on the Danube. What should be the approximate cost and do I need to tell the driver to turn on the meter or should I be quoted a fixed price? I know that I should only use the official taxis and I have the names of those.

more
    • Restaurants

Budapest Jul 15, 2015 at 11:32 AM

Can anyone recommend a good restaurant with gypsy music near the Jewish area where we are staying. Thanks

more
    • Metro and Tram Tickets

Budapest Jul 20, 2015 at 1:53 PM

If I buy the day pass is it good from the moment I purchase it for 24 hours? In other words is it validated the moment I buy it? I assume it will be good on all metro and tram lines? If I buy a single ticket on the metro can I change lines if my destination requires that? I read somewhere that there are metro tickets that only allow so many stops, how do I ensure that I get the right metro ticket that will allow me to use more than one line to get to my destination?

more
    • Castle- how best to get there

Budapest Jul 20, 2015 at 1:43 PM

We will be staying at the Marriott. Can we walk to the funicular and if so should we buy our tickets online as we have heard that the lines may be long to buy tickets? What is the site to buy tickets online?

more
    • Breakfast places near the Marriott Danube.

Budapest Jul 20, 2015 at 1:55 PM

Are there good cafes near the Marriott where we can get a good breakfast. We may not opt for the hotel breakfast .

more
    • Tram Line #2

Budapest Jul 20, 2015 at 1:46 PM

As we are staying at the Marriott we would like to take a tram to the Parliament building and also to Central market. Can you give me the correct stop for the Parliament building and for Central market? In looking up the list of stops for Tram #2 I see 2 listings for Tram #2 which does not seem to match what the maps show.

more
    • travelgirl214's Profile Photo

Best non-touristy places to see/eat/drink, etc?

Budapest Jul 13, 2015 at 4:30 PM

Hi, My husband and I are traveling to Budapest next month and wanted any insight on some non-touristy things to do. We have interests from art/architecture/landscape/ to craft beer to military history (that is definitely my husband!). We've never been to the area and will only be there for 3 days. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

More insight on our likes....we are not the club going types anymore (late 30's/early 40's, been there and too old for that. LOL) We do enjoy nice meals, pubs, and seeing unusual and beautiful scenery.

more
    • Center of town to Airport

Budapest Jul 7, 2015 at 11:38 PM

What is the best way to travel from the center of Budapest to the airport by local transportation?

more
    • mgolson's Profile Photo

Travel tips for Budapest-July 2016

Budapest Jul 4, 2015 at 6:18 AM

Hello!

My boyfriend and I are planning a trip to Budapest, Hungary in July 2016 to celebrate our 5 year anniversary. I am obviously starting to plan as early as possible and am looking for any tips! We are both travelling from Canada (Ontario). I speak English and French and my boyfriend speaks English and Hungarian (his family came here from Yugoslavia in the early 90s and he grew up speaking Hungarian in his home). We are planning to go for at least a week--possibly 8 or 9 nights.

1. Did anyone here use a travel website to book? If yes, what site would you recommend (Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, etc)? If not, how did you book?

2. Any recommendations for airlines? Or ones to avoid?

3. Any recommendations for hotels? Or ones to avoid?

4. Is Budapest a walkable city? I don't mind taking the metro but my boyfriend and I prefer walking (I feel you get to see more and love the exercise)!

5. Do you have any tips regarding behaviour and local customs? For example, when I was in Paris it was seen as polite to always say hello and goodbye when entering any store or establishment, even if you were not planning to purchase anything.

6. What are your recommendations for must-see spots?

7. What about food/restaurant recommendations?

8. What are the prices like there? As far as I know, Hungary is not on the Euro.

9. Finally, just any other general tips and information would be much appreciated!

I've never traveled to a country in which I don't speak the language/don't have any family so I am feeling a little lost and would greatly appreciate any help you could provide.

Thank you all very much!

more
    • Getting to Fishermans Bastion from the Marriott Danube

Budapest Jul 23, 2015 at 5:55 AM

Walking and or climbing is out of the question, and there does not seem to be a metro or tram stop nearby so do we just cab there and back? Also is there a cafe there where we can get a drink and snack?

more
    • Central market

Budapest Jul 22, 2015 at 5:14 AM

When shopping for gifts can one bargain? Are the prices marked on the items or do you have to ask? Also in looking at a map of the area where one would get off the Tram #2 to get to the market it appears to be a large area around the bridge that is under construction, it that still the case? It seems the tram stop is right in the middle of all this construction.

more

Popular Borsod-Abauj-Zemplen Megye Travel Answer Locations

• cemetery

Bukkabrany Feb 16, 2011 at 4:25 AM

i would like to come and visit your village in the near future and i would like to know the stage now of the jewish cemetry over there and also can you please write to me a full telephone number of a member by you that is able to speek to me in ENGLISH
      THANK YOU

1 Answer Feb 16, 2011 at 6:51 AM
    • nannylynne8149's Profile Photo

Can anyone help me with some questions about Sarospatak?

Sarospatak Mar 23, 2007 at 6:43 AM

I am bring my husband to Hungary to try and find his family's roots. His surname is Kovacs - so this makes my search so much more difficult. I have 3 questions for you: 1) Was Sarospatak EVER known as the town of SZEMPLEN? 2) How close is Tokaj is Sarospatak? 3) If you had 36 hours to visit either Tokaj or Sarospatak, which would you choose? We also are planning on tasting the wines. I have one more question - - - how do I find my emails? I am obviously a new member!!! Thanks Guys - this is a great site!!!

2 Answers Mar 23, 2007 at 3:43 PM
    • doodybee's Profile Photo

Update on village

Felsodobsza Jun 22, 2005 at 6:02 AM

Hi there can anyone give me some info on Felsodobsza (a village near Miskolc)
      I want to take my daughter there from Budapest in July as my father came from there in 1956 and I was last there in 1979
      Is the transport link suitable for a day trip or are we better of staying near there overnight.
      Any tips on where we can get authentic hungarian cooking while we are in Hungary would be useful also
      Thanks for helping
      Julie

4 Answers Jun 28, 2005 at 2:19 AM