I will be arriving at around 1pm on Day 1 and need to leave for airport at 3pm the following day for yogjakarta airport. I would like to visit Borobudur. It is advisable to stay in Borobudur or Yogjakarta?
Some tips on how to take great photos at sunrise please
Thank you for your help.
I am planning to fly to Jogja in the first week of June to visit Borobudur and Prambanan. I hope to be able to stay at the Princess Manohara Hotel (if room is available) and wonder if this is a good time of the year to visit both UNESCO World Heritage sites, re: weather wise and people wise (how busy it gets at this time of year)? Appreciate any relevant advice.
Is it ok to visit Borobudur during Vesak? Will it be really crowded or better to wait for another time?
We are in the process of preparing our July/August visit to Java.
One of our questions is: is the next programme/route feasable to be carried out in one day?
After breakfast in Borobudur (no sunrise event, Borobudur temple complex being done in the day before) via Kepit and Wonosobo to Dieng plateau, visit Dieng plateau, then via Lake Telaga (short visit) - Kertek - Parakan - Temanggung - Kaloran - Bandungan/Salatiga; sleep in Salatiga or Bandungan or Ambarawa.
The trip would be carried out with a car + driver.
Many thanks in advance for a motivated reply!
Can anyone tell me how i could go about getting from pangandaran to borobudur? Thanks.
Hi, I have just booked my flight to yogyakarta next week and is frantically looking for a hotel near Borobudur as most of them are already fully booked due to Vesak Day.
An exception is Lotus Guesthouse, which i called up and the person in-charge said that they should have a room available for me on vesak day, but I just need to call back to confirm it a day before...
My questions are:
Is this the 'right' way of making a hotel reservation? with no formal reservations etc what if they don't have a room when i arrive?
And can anyone enlighten me on the distance it is from Borobudur? Is it at walking distance?
Thanks so much and hope to get some feedback from you kind souls pretty soon... :_)
I'm planning to visit Borobudur temple over the Wesak weekend 8-11 May 2009 flying in from Jogjakarta. Can you recommend some hotels which also arrange for airport transfers ?
I've checked Manohara Hotel but they are fully booked for that period.
My gang & I (15 of us) are travelling to Jogjakarta on April'09 on a free & easy basis for 5D4N. Hence, we are planning out our itinerary! We are covering Borobudur/Jogjakarta/Solo. We intend to cover Mt. Bromo as well. We need to know the travelling time from Solo to Mt. Bromo and what's the best travelling mode?
Planning to visit Borobudur in February 2008, on my return from South Indian travel. I will land in Singapore for a few days. How it is possible to cover Borobudur, by any mean. Any travel advise is much appreciated. Thanks
Am planning a 5D4N trip to Borobudur sometime August or September 2007. Will be flying in to Solo via Air Asia and have the following questions which I will much appreciate it if I could get feedback on:
1. How long is the journey from Solo to Yogyakarta by taxi and how much does it cost?
2. Do I need to pre-book a taxi or can I just get one on arrival?
3. Is August and September 2007 ok to travel in terms of weather?
4. Is 5D4N enough for the trip, taking into account that I'll fly in/out f rom Solo and would also like to visit Prambanan and Mt Bromo. The flights in/out of Solo are before noon.
5. Any good hotel recommendations that is clean, cheap (budget is USD20/room/night)?
6. Any trusted guide recommendation?
7. How much should I pay for rental of a car (for 2 pax) or a van (for 4 pax) daily with fuel/driver cum guide/insurance?
8. What else should I see/do in Yogyakarta and/or Solo?
That's about all the questions I could think of now and thanking everyone in advance for their invaluable feedback.
P.S. Noted that the forum for Borobudur is a bit 'quiet'.
* I just need to check how many days are enough to cover borobudur, prambanan and yogyakarta town itself? I am thinking of 3 days and then move on to Mt Bromo.
* Please also advise me if I can do mt bromoh in 1 day?
* Does anyone knows how much is the cheapest flight from Jakarta to yogyakarta?
Thks in advance!