Borobudur Travel Answers

change location

Making plans to Borobudur/Mt Bromo

by cutiepiegg Online Now Dec 28, 2008 at 8:09 PM

My gang & I (15 of us) are travelling to Jogjakarta on April'09 on a free & easy basis for 5D4N. Hence, we are planning out our itinerary! We are covering Borobudur/Jogjakarta/Solo. We intend to cover Mt. Bromo as well. We need to know the travelling time from Solo to Mt. Bromo and what's the best travelling mode?

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • theo1006's Profile Photo

Re: Making plans to Borobudur/Mt Bromo

by theo1006 Online Now Dec 29, 2008 at 4:16 AM

Travelling time from Solo to mount Bromo by road is 8 to 10 hours depending on the traffic. The most comfortable mode of travel and also the fastest is door-to-door with a minibus.
    There are a lot of travel agents in Yogyakarta who can arrange such transport on short notice. You find them in the backpacker area Sosrowijayan street, near Tugu station.
    Since you are with 15 people and want to cover a lot, I suggest you negotiate with one of these agents as soon as you arrive in Yogya your whole trip including Borobudur and Solo. They should be willing to give you a good deal.

Cheers,
    Theo

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • johnboywalton71's Profile Photo

by johnboywalton71 Online Now Dec 31, 2008 at 3:34 AM

I think you might find these two articles I wrote useful:

associatedcontent.com/articl...

associatedcontent.com/articl...

The short part is that if you take a mini-bus from Yogya or Solo, it will take either most of a day or an overnight to get to Progolingo.

• Deng249's Profile Photo

by Deng249 Online Now Jan 13, 2009 at 2:20 AM

I travelled across Java back in August. It took me about 10 hours from Solo to Bromo, with minimal rest stops along the way. We travelled at nite so the traffic wasn't that heavy.

You didn't mentioned which airport that you'll flying out from. In case you're flying back from Surabaya instead of Jogja, the journey from Bromo to Surabaya will take approximately 3 hours.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines