Borobudur Travel Answers

change location

First time visit to Borobudur

by GXT Online Now Nov 10, 2007 at 12:56 PM

Planning to visit Borobudur in February 2008, on my return from South Indian travel. I will land in Singapore for a few days. How it is possible to cover Borobudur, by any mean. Any travel advise is much appreciated. Thanks

Quote & Answer
8 Answers
  • xuessium's Profile Photo

Re: First time visit to Borobudur

by xuessium Online Now Nov 11, 2007 at 8:19 AM

HI! Tan:

Well....you can hire a taxi for a day (if you can bargain out a good price with the driver) and he'll drop you off when you desire.

Of course, you must see the main complex proper but there are temples strewn around the area as well.

Have pages on Borobudor and Yogyakarta should you care to take a look and see if the tips are any useful.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: First time visit to Borobudur

by GXT Online Now Nov 12, 2007 at 3:01 AM

Thanks a lot dear for the advice. I will take the ferry to go to Batam and then.... Can I hire a taxi to go to Borobudur and come back within one/two days. I have no idea of the distance or roads beween Batam and Borobudur. If you advise this too much appreciated.

by xuessium Online Now Nov 12, 2007 at 5:16 AM

HI! Tan:

Er....no offence meant but perhaps you'll like to check the map of Indonesia?
    Batam is part of the Riau Islands. Borobudor is on Java, the main island where the capital Jakarta is. In between them, you have lots of water (and distance) to overcome.

The best way to get to Borobudor is to fly direct from Singapore via Garuda Indonesia via the city of Yogyakarta.

by GXT Online Now Nov 12, 2007 at 10:09 AM

Hi Xuessium
    Thats a really helpful advise. I have no idea of the size of Indonesian islands. Feel more conveneient to go direcly from any other foreign airport by air.
    Cheers and thanks for the advise.

by khalid48 Online Now Nov 13, 2007 at 9:02 PM

Well from S'pore you can fly direct to Jogjakarta OR if you want a cheaper means of transport you can fly by AirAsia which has an airport in Johor Bahru, just a few kilometer from Spore.But I'm not sure whether it fly to Jogjarkarta.
    What is sure from K.Lumpur, Malaysia AirAsia fly to Jogjakarta via Solo airport. Go to AirAsia.com to check.

by GXT Online Now Nov 14, 2007 at 1:18 AM

Thanks Khalid48. I need to do some more homework to organise this travel. Thanks for your advise. Cheers

by xuessium Online Now Nov 14, 2007 at 5:35 AM

No offence to the previous VTer but Air Asia does not fly into Yogya. Solo yes, but you'll need to make your way to Yogya after.

• theo1006's Profile Photo

by theo1006 Online Now Jul 27, 2010 at 12:13 AM

Khalid48 mixed up Malaysian Airways with Air Asia.

Malaysian serves the route Kuala Lumpur - Yogyakarta, but only three days a week.

See their website: http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/

Theo

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines