Borobudur Travel Answers

change location
peisia's Profile Photo

Questions on Yogyakarta, Mt Bromo

by peisia Online Now Dec 7, 2005 at 9:55 AM

Hi everyone,

* I just need to check how many days are enough to cover borobudur, prambanan and yogyakarta town itself? I am thinking of 3 days and then move on to Mt Bromo.
* Please also advise me if I can do mt bromoh in 1 day?
* Does anyone knows how much is the cheapest flight from Jakarta to yogyakarta?

Thks in advance!

Quote & Answer
7 Answers
  • heywinks's Profile Photo

RE: Questions on Yogyakarta, Mt Bromo

by heywinks Online Now Dec 7, 2005 at 10:49 AM

I think 3 days is enough time in Yogya. That's how long I was there and it was enough. Borobudur and Prambanan you can do in one day. You will also have time to go to a site within Yogya city as well if you come back early enough that day. I visited the Sultan's Palace and The Underground Mosque (Taminsari??) and the bird market. Very interesting. Those places you can go by becak (bicycle rickshaw).

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • xuessium's Profile Photo

by xuessium Online Now Dec 8, 2005 at 4:03 AM

HI! Cecilia:

I echo the previous VTer - 3 days is just about right if you do not intend to cover every inch of the grounds. In fact, if you do Borobudor and Sultan's Kraton 1 day and then Prambanan and shopping in Yogya the 2nd day - you can really squeeze it though you may know be doing the sights a great justice.
    Feel free to browse through my VT Yogya, Borobudor and Prambanan pages to see of the tips are any useful.

Cheers!

• nettyaffes's Profile Photo

by nettyaffes Online Now Dec 8, 2005 at 4:28 AM

Hi Cecilia,

3 days is good enough to visit Yogyakarta, Borobudur, Prambanan. You could do 1 day trip for this actually. If you decided to visit Sultan palace you could do at the second day, and te rest you can chill out and or go shopping at malioboro.
    Going to Mount Bromo is enough 1 day. You only need to see the sun rise at 4 or 5 am. The rest of the day you are free to move to city.

Flight from Jakarta is around Rp.600.000 return. Different airlines is different fare. Why dont you check to ADAM AIR, MANDALA, OR check at travel desk where you stay, is pretty cheap.
    Good luck. If you decided to go Jakarta dont hesitate to call me if you need info about JAKARTA.

Cheers
    Netty 08121054598

• zafilm's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Questions on Yogyakarta, Mt Bromo

by zafilm Online Now Dec 10, 2005 at 7:58 PM

Hi....i was in Yogyakarta & Mt Bromo 4days ago and love the place. As borobodur & prambanan, it take just a day tour. St Malioboro are alive and full of colours.You might want to check things out there.As for mount bromo,you can cover for 1 day. But if you do have time, 2days should be enough. Happy travelling...

CHEERS...
    Zafilm

• peisia's Profile Photo

by peisia Online Now Dec 11, 2005 at 6:47 AM

tks so much vters, for ur help! That is what I tot and it is good that it is within my expectations, to set a side 2-3 days for yogya and about 2 days for mt bromo, include travelling from yogya to surabaya and to mt bromo.

As for the airlines, i did tried to check with lion air, but they do not have the flight schedules, therefore it is difficult for me to plan our itenary. And for Adam air, did not manage to access their website. I'll definitely check out mandala, have not heard about it and tks again.
    Cheers!

• xuessium's Profile Photo

by xuessium Online Now Dec 11, 2005 at 7:17 AM

HI! Cecilia:

Many of the Indonesian airlines do not have functional webpages.
    Suggest you go through agencies.

Cheers!

• peisia's Profile Photo

by peisia Online Now Dec 12, 2005 at 9:32 PM

tks for the infor. If I reach jakarta on day 1, wld i be able to get ticket if i want to fly the next day, say,on a night flight?
    Thanks again!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines