change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• crisgastardo's Profile Photo

3-day tour in the capital

Brunei Apr 4, 2014 at 8:46 PM

How a group of 6 tourists enjoy Brunei to the maximum level? We also wanted a referral of a nice (not so expensive) hotel that can accommodate us all. Heard the country to be expensive, any suggestions for an affordable tour that won't make our pockets bleed, would be highly appreciated...

Thanks guys!

more
    • Nice cottages on the see side but no island

by violabuchrieser Online Now Jan 25, 2014 at 3:55 PM

Dear friends!
      I need a little help, we are looking for a nice place on the seeside (no big ressort) where we can relax and make trips to different places. It must not necessary be a very basic accomodation, but we have no problem with a very basic accomodation. Please dont ask me which plases we want to visit,we dont know jet, but we for sure will hire a cat,therefore it should not be a small island

Thanks for your help
      Viola

4 Answers Jan 25, 2014 at 8:07 PM
    • Volunteer work

by allycat11 Online Now Feb 8, 2011 at 11:57 PM

I am very much interested in coming to Borneo for a visit and to hopefully spend some time working voluntary in one of the Urangutan sanctuarys. Can anyone help me with some info on how to go about this?

7 Answers Mar 20, 2011 at 5:33 AM
    • Malaria ...help !!

by yvonneamor Online Now Aug 20, 2010 at 9:22 AM

Do you need malaria we will only be in Borneo 3days, not sure where staying yet , jungle or brach resort , we are planning on Dec 26th
      Can anyone give us advice please
      Yvonne

8 Answers Aug 23, 2010 at 8:09 AM
    • janethefrog's Profile Photo

Good travel companies

by janethefrog Online Now Jun 6, 2010 at 12:29 PM

We are hoping to go to Borneo late July/early August. We have come across Neilson Adventure (which I believe are part of Thomson (??)). Has anyone come across them before and are they good or have you had problems? On the other hand can you particularly recommend a better company?

2 Answers Jun 7, 2010 at 4:06 AM
    • Buying wellies in Kuching

by julieaustralia Online Now Apr 13, 2010 at 4:12 AM

Hi all

Is there anywhere we can purchase wellingtons in Kuching. We don't want to travel with them and are happy to leave them there when we leave. Thanks

1 Answer May 27, 2010 at 8:37 AM
    • fartinmonkey's Profile Photo

Can I get to the Orangutan sanctuary from Brunei in a day?

by fartinmonkey Online Now Jan 3, 2010 at 3:40 PM

We are going on a Far-Eastern cruise in May.

I really want to go and see the Orangutan sanctuary but we are only in Borneo for one day.

Can i get from Bandar Seri Begawan to Sandakan Orangutan sanctuary (and back) in a day?

What is the best way of getting there?

Thanks in advance,

Jim

6 Answers Jan 9, 2010 at 4:35 AM
    • Is Borneo safe for a 5 year old

by GBainbridge Online Now Jul 11, 2009 at 3:38 PM

Hi, my partner and I are looking to take our 5 year old son to Borneo in September this year and have read some travel warnings on our NZ Govt website. We are keen to gain some experienced feedback on whether it is safe to travel there with our son and if there are any areas in particular we should stay away from. We would generally take organised tours but also keen on any recommenations you have. We are looking to travel to both Sarawak and Sabah so any information is welcome. Thanks heaps.

2 Answers Jul 12, 2009 at 8:42 PM
    • soricel's Profile Photo

What do you recommend for a 3 days trip in Kota Kinabalu?

by soricel Online Now May 29, 2009 at 8:09 AM

Hello! I will be travelling to Borneo in Novembre with 3 other friends and will be in Kota Kinabalu from 4th to 7th of Novembre. I am interesting in seeing as much as I can, but unfortunatelly the time is short. So what would you recommend? I saw some package tour regarding a night safari at danum valley. Is it worth going? Also, I would like so much to spend a night in the jungle. Looking forward to your advices! Thanks! :)

2 Answers Jun 12, 2009 at 2:14 AM
    • Recommended time required in Borneo

by KezaG Online Now Apr 27, 2009 at 11:50 AM

Hi, I am considering going to Borneo as part of my year trip & was just wondering what was considered a reasonable amount of time to travel around this island in order to see the majority of sights? I see some people are talking about only a couple of weeks but I don't know if that would be enough or if a month would do the island more justice? Thanks.

2 Answers May 22, 2009 at 1:40 PM
    • advice on sabah/sarawak

by ativak Online Now Mar 9, 2009 at 6:13 PM

hi.we are thinking of visiting kinabalu,doing the river cruise near sandakan and visiting the mulu caves.
      we don't intend on doing a lot of trekking - just the basic amount needed to get to visit the caves and part of the tour.
      however I am travelling with older travellers in their late 50s and we're not very adventerous so we wanted to be aware of certain things before we made our booking. in particular:
      1. how big is the problem of leeches during treks or is it confined to only very deep jungle treks?
      2.are leeches a bother during the river cruise and overnight stay in the rainforest lodge?
      3. how much can you avoid leech bites really by wearing leech proof socks and long pants and shirts?
      many thanks for all replies

2 Answers May 1, 2009 at 1:04 PM
    • Travelling to Borneo from London

by yiddo Online Now Jan 7, 2009 at 5:08 AM

Hi guys,

I am looking at doing some travelling this year. I like the look of Borneo! I’m thinking the easiest way is a direct flight to Brunei from London and then travelling to either Sabah or Sarawak. I’m thinking Sabah due to the mountain range, white water rafting etc. Firstly, is it easy to travel from Brunei to Sabah via either train, bus or boat? I didn’t really want to get a connecting flight. Has anyone done it this way?

Also, is there any bungee jumps in Sabah at all?

Do most people when they go exploring Borneo stay in Longhouses? Is it advisable to travel to Borneo without booking up any accommodation? I was thinking of maybe staying a couple of nights at a hotel in Brunei and then spend the rest of the 2 weeks in Sabah travelling about.

Do I need a visa for any of the provinces if I’m only going for 2 weeks or can I freely travel about Brunei/Sabah/Sarawak?

Many thanks in advance.

12 Answers Mar 7, 2009 at 9:57 PM
    • earthflyer's Profile Photo

Christmas in Brunei, Sarawak & Sabah.

by earthflyer Online Now Nov 24, 2008 at 12:12 PM

Still checking out some destinations for Christmas 2009.

I am look at Brunei, Sarawak & Sabah for a 3 week trip.

Is December a good time to be their and is it ok to trek up the mountains their aswell.

any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks

Earthflyer.

3 Answers May 1, 2009 at 1:12 PM
    • crewrower's Profile Photo

7 days in Borneo in January (starting in Kota Kinabalu)

by crewrower Online Now Nov 24, 2008 at 7:36 AM

Possibility that I'll have 7 days there in late January. Flying into KK, need to fly onto KL (or China, if you can suggest an airline other than Air Asia and Cebu Pacific).

How to spend the time? Stay in Sabah, or is it worthwhile to venture south into Indonesia?

Sorry I know this question has been askes a lot for sure, but in a rush.

Thanks!
      crewrower

2 Answers Nov 27, 2008 at 1:16 AM
    • apple-jack's Profile Photo

1st time to Borneo

by apple-jack Online Now Oct 12, 2008 at 7:10 AM

Hi all

Doing a bit of travelling from next April, Thailand-Borneo, a few weeks in each place, thinking about doing borneo first, which is the easiest and way to get to Thailand from borneo? or is it easier he other way around, i am thinking about Sabah/sarawak, i was told there the best places to see the orangutans, i also heard it's quite cheap there, is it a good place for a 1st time backpacker on a budget, would i find accommadation easily, whats the weather like between april & july,
      Thanks
      Andrea

3 Answers Nov 14, 2008 at 2:52 PM
    • josie1000's Profile Photo

Anyone for a Kumuka Family Adventure?

by josie1000 Online Now Sep 28, 2008 at 12:25 AM

Hello,

I was wondering... is there anyone out there who is going on a Kumuka Family Adventure in December, one week before Christmas?

Would like to meet you!

If not, why not consider one :) They're great

From,
      Josie

• Drinking age

by Jamesms345 Online Now Jul 21, 2008 at 8:41 AM

Just a quick question about the drinking age.

I have found out that the drinking age is 18 but I am wondering how much it is enforced?

What happens if my 16 year old son is caught drinking under the age of 18?

3 Answers Jul 23, 2008 at 5:21 AM
    • 14 day visit to Borneo.

by justine0110 Online Now Apr 27, 2008 at 7:08 PM

My friend and I are travelling through Malaysia and Thailand and making a 14 day trip to Borneo. I have a travel book but am having difficulty coordinating a route to go. We are starting at Kota Kinabalu and doing Mount Kinabalu. From there we want to explore as much as possible with a primary emphasis on seeing caves and hiking. We would like to do as many adventorous things as possible. Then we are flying out at the end of the island at Kuching. We begin at the end of June and leave mid July. Can anyone recommend a route as well as ideal things to see (as well as ways to get to them). We are definately on a budget but would like to do as much as possible within it.

1 Answer May 7, 2008 at 10:43 AM
    • advice on trip to Borneo

by Rozjohnson Online Now Mar 1, 2008 at 11:12 PM

I am thinking to do a trip to Borneo would like a varied holiday seeing wildlife,trip down a river and cultural influence have 10 days in June any advice on accommodation tours weather in fact everything thanks Roz

3 Answers Apr 13, 2008 at 11:23 AM
    • daryll's Profile Photo

Borneo by Bike

by daryll Online Now Dec 1, 2007 at 4:38 AM

Has anyone travel on land by any mode of transport from Kuching in Sarawak, Malaysia to Kota Kinabalu in Sabah, Malaysia?

1. What is the condition of the road system and whether there is any important information that i need to know such as rule passing through immigration check point especially cross country with Brunei and The Sabah state.

3 Answers Dec 15, 2007 at 3:19 AM
    • Trip to Tanjung Puting NP (in Borneo) Dec 16-19

by steveschill Online Now Nov 25, 2007 at 10:02 PM

Hello,
      I'm traveling to Tanjung Puting NP (in Borneo) to hang out with the wild orangutans for a few days at Camp Leaky (Dec 16-19, 2007). Since traveling alone is no fun, I'm looking for someone else who might want to go. The price for a three day stay gets cheaper, the more people you have. Let me know if any one is interested in this once-in-a-lifetime experience.

Cheers,
      Steve

1 Answer Nov 26, 2007 at 12:01 PM
    • whitechicken's Profile Photo

Borneo in February

by whitechicken Online Now Nov 21, 2007 at 1:40 PM

Hi ~ we are looking at going to Borneo in February for the old man's 50th birthday ~ can anyone tell me what the weather is like then as I am a bit concerned as it is near the end of the rainy season ~ will I need to pack my wellies along with the snorkel? Also, any information on cheap(ish) / nice accommodation would be appreciated

Thanks
      Chick

3 Answers Nov 25, 2007 at 3:07 AM
    • orang utan

by patnalan Online Now Oct 5, 2007 at 5:17 AM

my husband and i (from uk) will be visiting borneo next June as part of a trip to kuala lumpar andhong kong. will be spending 5 days in borneo and anxious to see sights. would love to see the orang utans close up and missis loves shopping. is borneo safe cos we are used to wandering around places on our own. The ony thing my other half avoids is snakes - she has a phobia about them so please tell me where we can avoid seeing them. One of the reasons she has agreed to come on this trip is because i told her that snakes were so rare in this area they were protected !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 Answers Oct 21, 2007 at 3:12 AM
    • Pallag's Profile Photo

Borneo in August

by Pallag Online Now Jun 4, 2007 at 1:13 AM

Hi,

I'm planning to go to Borneo in August.

How is the weather?

Which part of Borneo do you recommend?

I'm planning to visit national parks, I'm a hobby photographer.

Please advise places to visit.

Thank you,

Gabor

3 Answers Jun 4, 2007 at 5:54 AM
    • Holiday To Borneo

by CommercialProperty Online Now Mar 16, 2007 at 9:41 AM

Hi, We are thinking of going to Borneo next August and staying at the Shangri-La Tanjung Aru.Has anyone stayed at this hotel? We are wanting to know what the weather is like in August, does it rain much or just short showers and then sunshine? Also what is the situation regarding Malaria in Sabah? Is it a malaria zone? If anyone could help that would be great. Thanks

2 Answers Jul 3, 2008 at 11:01 PM
    • Alternative ways to get to Borneo?

by DiggieBalls Online Now Feb 10, 2007 at 6:33 PM

Me and my girlfriend are travelling to Thailand and peninsular Malaysia at the end of this month. We're planning to get to Borneo too and I wonder if anyone knows any alternative way to get there. Our budget is not too big so we're trying to find something cheaper than by air. There is supposed to be some boat but i haven't found any info on it...
      Anyone know something about this?

5 Answers Feb 14, 2007 at 4:09 AM
    • Flights from England to Borneo

by Boggites Online Now Dec 26, 2006 at 1:05 AM

I know from experience that you guys always come up trumps, so here comes the question.
      What is the cheepest way for a large group of adults and children to get rom England (London) to Borneo in late july to August? (youngest age 14 - group size usually ends up as being about 25, but could be bigger)
      I look forward to reading your replies - Ma.

10 Answers Jan 18, 2007 at 7:44 AM
    • yamman's Profile Photo

1st trip

by yamman Online Now Dec 4, 2006 at 2:04 AM

Hi there,
      my girl friend and I have nine days to visit Borneo, would like to go to the main sights, river trips, caves, orang-utangs, Sibu, Sarawak then a beach.
      Please advise in the best circuit to do, what to leave out and to add, how long there? the usual stuff.
      Places to stay and eat, cheers, many thanks Steve, karen.

1 Answer Mar 30, 2008 at 11:53 PM