Borneo Travel Answers

change location
soricel's Profile Photo

What do you recommend for a 3 days trip in Kota Kinabalu?

by soricel Online Now May 29, 2009 at 8:09 AM

Hello! I will be travelling to Borneo in Novembre with 3 other friends and will be in Kota Kinabalu from 4th to 7th of Novembre. I am interesting in seeing as much as I can, but unfortunatelly the time is short. So what would you recommend? I saw some package tour regarding a night safari at danum valley. Is it worth going? Also, I would like so much to spend a night in the jungle. Looking forward to your advices! Thanks! :)

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • SangAji's Profile Photo

Re: What do you recommend for a 3 days trip in Kota Kinabalu?

by SangAji Online Now Jun 2, 2009 at 7:44 AM

note that distances between main attractions takes a lot of travelling time.

with only 3 nites, starting at danum valley is highly recommended, especially for night in the jungle, however it is located at lahad datu on the west coast of sabah ie need to fly to save time. next to it is sepilok, the urang utan sanctuary, and then overnite at turtles islands off sandakan. then suggest you stay overnite or stop by mt kinabalu park before going to kota kinabalu.

better to go with tour agent to avoid all the hassles of making all the arrangements for the various sites, and ensure effective time management.

cheers

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: What do you recommend for a 3 days trip in Kota Kinabalu?

by freelander5883 Online Now Jun 12, 2009 at 2:14 AM

Off the North Eastern coast of Borneo lies a tiny jewel of an island, Sipadan, with a marine ecosystem so perfect and unique that it is world renowned as one of the best dive spots in the world. Sipadan Island rises as a pristine Coral Sea mount, 650 meters from the floor of the Sulawesi Sea.

Sabah offers some of the most exhilarating thrills in the world. My scariest experience, only because I am not a good swimmer, is white-water rafting down the Padas River (a grade-3 river). Whilst trying to negotiate the rapids along this raging river for a distance of about 5 kilometers, do enjoy the breathtaking view that the surrounding rain forest does offer.

anyway the borneo culture welcome you and your friend to island of borneo and dont forget if you have a time just came and see kuching sarawak soon

alden jeff
    ( borneo-safariholiday-alden.b... )
    just copy and paste to see more about borneo

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines