Borneo Travel Answers

change location

Recommended time required in Borneo

by KezaG Online Now Apr 27, 2009 at 11:50 AM

Hi, I am considering going to Borneo as part of my year trip & was just wondering what was considered a reasonable amount of time to travel around this island in order to see the majority of sights? I see some people are talking about only a couple of weeks but I don't know if that would be enough or if a month would do the island more justice? Thanks.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • SangAji's Profile Photo

Re: Recommended time required in Borneo

by SangAji Online Now May 4, 2009 at 1:28 AM

Borneo is actually made up of 3 countries ie Brunei, Sabah & Sarawak of Malaysia and Kalimantan of Indonesia. Most VTers refer to Borneo as to mean Sabah, and 2 weeks is considered reasonable to see the sights, namely Sipadan Island, Danum Valley and Kinabatangan River, Sepilok Orang Utan Sanctuary, Turtle Islands, Mt Kinabalu Park, and Kota Kinabalu and nearby surrounding islands. This is due to the distances between attractions.

Brunei's main attractions are the Water Village, Ulu Temburong Forest Reserve, Proboscis monkeys tour at Damuan, BSB itself, and the oil towns of Seria and Kuala Belait. 3 days is considered sufficient. A stay at the Empire Hotel and Country Club is recommended for a bit of opulence.

Sarawak's main attractions are Mulu and Niah caves, and Kuching City.
    Kalimantan is doable in another 2 weeks, by 4W drive, never done it myself.

Hope above helps in your planning. Cheers.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Recommended time required in Borneo

by KezaG Online Now May 22, 2009 at 1:40 PM

Thanks ever so much for that. Really helpful & just what I needed.

KezaG ;0)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines