Borneo Travel Answers

change location
crewrower's Profile Photo

7 days in Borneo in January (starting in Kota Kinabalu)

by crewrower Online Now Nov 24, 2008 at 7:36 AM

Possibility that I'll have 7 days there in late January. Flying into KK, need to fly onto KL (or China, if you can suggest an airline other than Air Asia and Cebu Pacific).

How to spend the time? Stay in Sabah, or is it worthwhile to venture south into Indonesia?

Sorry I know this question has been askes a lot for sure, but in a rush.

Thanks!
crewrower

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • balhannah's Profile Photo

Re: 7 days in Borneo in January (starting in Kota Kinabalu)

by balhannah Online Now Nov 24, 2008 at 12:29 PM

Hi! You will easily fill in 7days in Borneo, I wouldn't just stay in Sabah, I would head to Sarawak as well. Off kk, are the islands with corals and fish, (cheap to get to), there is Mt. Kinabalu to climb, Museum, Headhunters village, Markets and a nice wharf area with a lot of Pubs/Restaurants with outdoor seating, nice place to watch the sunsets. You can also go diving at nearby islands. A short flight to Sandakan in Sabah, will take you to the Sepilok Orangutan centre, and you can also do an overnight cruise up the Kinabatangan river to see wildlife, jungle on either side of the river, very quiet. Late evening you do another cruise, this is when you see more. You can also combine a trip to Turtle island if you wish. If you fly the short distance to Miri, then you can do a tour to visit the largest caves in the world, Mulu Caves. Heading down to Kuching, capital of Sarawak, a nice city with a lovely promenade. More caves here, Fairy cave, a huge beautiful cave.. Bako national park, > jungle treks, wildlife, including the Proboscis monkey in the wild. Sarawak cultural village is excellent. There are also resorts on the beachfront. There are markets here, and you can walk or take a taxi to get around, its cheap. I have more on my pages under KK, Kuching, Sandakan, Miri and Borneo, with photos. Under Borneo, I have about our trip. Lots of airlines fly to Borneo, Malaysian & Singapore Airlines, and others as well. Hope this helps you. We loved Borneo

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • crewrower's Profile Photo

Re: 7 days in Borneo in January (starting in Kota Kinabalu)

by crewrower Online Now Nov 27, 2008 at 1:16 AM

Thanks Balhannah, this is very helpful.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines