Borneo Travel Answers

change location

Flights from England to Borneo

by Boggites Online Now Dec 26, 2006 at 1:05 AM

I know from experience that you guys always come up trumps, so here comes the question.
What is the cheepest way for a large group of adults and children to get rom England (London) to Borneo in late july to August? (youngest age 14 - group size usually ends up as being about 25, but could be bigger)
I look forward to reading your replies - Ma.

Quote & Answer
10 Answers
  • RE: Flights from England to Borneo

by borneonman Online Now Dec 26, 2006 at 3:37 AM

hello there!!! greetings from borneo!!!

well they are a few ways really but am not sure on the england side but here in malaysia we have a budgeted airline, airasia they call it and if you book in advance, you might get an even better rate but again it all depends on the season and period you book. check the website out at www.airasia.com

feel free to emaul me at VT's email address if you have any queries, no worries :)

cheers,
    Borneonman.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • xuessium's Profile Photo

RE: Flights from England to Borneo

by xuessium Online Now Dec 26, 2006 at 8:15 AM

HI! Folks:

There are unlikely direct flights from the UK to Borneo.

BTW, which part of Borneo? The Malaysian portion of the states of Sabah and Sarawak, the Sultanate of Brunei or the Indonesian portion of Kalimantan?

There are implications to visa requirements.

If you are going to East Malaysia (that is Sabah+Sarawak), you could try for flights from the UK to Kuala Lumpur and then grab a connecting flight to the 2 states. The likeliest cheapest tickets may come from Malaysian Airlines, which you may also do a connector from KL to Kota Kinabalu (Sabah) or Kuching (Sarawak).

Air Asia is a budget airline flying along the same route.

Just my 2 cents worth.

• mansionion's Profile Photo

RE: RE: RE: Flights from England to Borneo

by mansionion Online Now Dec 26, 2006 at 8:29 AM

Hi!

Try Royal Brunei Airlines (www.bruneiair.com)for direct flight btw UK (London) and Bandar Seri Begawan in Borneo - its the only direct flight avaible btw UK and Borneo if I am not mistaken.

Once you reach Brunei, you may have to go to either Kota Kinabalu or Labuan in Sabah or Miri in Sarawak for connecting flights to other part of Borneo in Malaysian territories. AirAsia's sister company, FlyAsianExpress (FAX - www.flyasianxpress.com) has various flights in this part of Borneo. However, if you plan to fly to Kalimantan (Indonesian territories in Borneo) you'll have to go via Jakarta.

Lets hope that by August '07 there'll be more flights btw Brunei, Malaysian & Indonesian territories in Borneo.

-m-

• xuessium's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Flights from England to Borneo

by xuessium Online Now Dec 26, 2006 at 8:32 AM

Hey "Onion", how's things mate?

Yup - you are right though - there should be direct flights between the UK and Brunei (Duh! to myself)

Happy holidays BTW!

by mansionion Online Now Dec 26, 2006 at 8:47 AM

I am doing fine Xuess, thanks. Happy holidays & new year to you and all :)

-m-

• adnan1977's Profile Photo

by adnan1977 Online Now Dec 31, 2006 at 8:49 PM

About the direct flight...

i suggest you better used Royal Brunei Airline ( RBA). It is a direct flight from Uk to Brunei. Then from there you can go to Sabah, Sarawak ( Part of malaysia) and Kalimantan ( Part of Indonesia).

For me , in Brunei every 15 july, Brunei celebrate the sultan Birthday.

In Oct 13 till 15 , you can enter the sultan palace. You can greet him . you can also meet with the royal famalies. It opens to the public.

You will regret it , if you missed this event.

• SangAji's Profile Photo

by SangAji Online Now Jan 9, 2007 at 5:04 AM

July/August is peak season hence best to book early for best deals, especially if return leg is in sept with students returning to uk for studies. If you are leading a group of scouts, why not contact the brunei scouts association and get them to host your visit to brunei and north borneo. This could reduce your ground costs. cheers

• yamman's Profile Photo

by yamman Online Now Jan 18, 2007 at 4:46 AM

Hi there you all,
    I am travelling to Borneo in June, first book early, second search the net, here some sights. (ebookers.com Kelkoo.com travelocity.com opod.com)These web sights compare and look at all flights that are going to Borneo. You may have to fly to kuala Lumpur first, then where ever to Borneo via Airasia.com or flyasianxpress.com.
    Myself I'am going to Kuala Lumpur (staying 4 nights) via KLM booked with opodo.com then to sandakan via airasia.com. From there hopping around useing the two airlines, there cheap. Good luck Steve.

by mansionion Online Now Jan 18, 2007 at 7:09 AM

FlyAsianXpress has been licensed recently to fly long hauls to Europe, Middle East and Asia Pacific. The new service will be known as AirAsia X and will starts its operation by middle of 2007. Its first Europe destination is Manchester and the fare start frm RM9.99 (that's less then GBP2!)

Watch out for future announcement when the tickets will be opened for sale - maybe in March 2007.

-m-

• haydnesque's Profile Photo

by haydnesque Online Now Jan 18, 2007 at 7:44 AM

royal brunei airlines flies direct from london to bandar seri begawan, brunei - the heart of borneo. It is cheaper book in the internet and get an electronic ticket (www.bruneiair.com).

airasia.com flight from london to kuala lumpur is coming soon. However, this is a low-cost, no-frills airline like rainair in europe. No insurance attatched. You may not want to sacrifice your fate in this airline. However, in short distances or around southeast asia, this is a good option.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines