Borneo Travel Answers

change location

communication options

by ashfishbone Online Now Jul 31, 2011 at 7:13 PM

Hi

Can anyone advice me about communication options in the main towns in Borneo and Brunei? Are there many internet cafes? Is Wi-fi available? does a smart phone work?

thanks

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • mehulraj's Profile Photo

Re: communication options

by mehulraj Online Now Jul 31, 2011 at 7:25 PM

you are in 21st century and you are going to one of the richest country i think you should not worry about this.yep internet will be available and wifi also but not like singapore and gprs too so dont worry

only precaution you need to take is this

There is supposedly no restriction in place on the internet in Brunei, although getting involved in negative discussions on politics, religion, and the sultanate on blogs and forums while in the country is not advised. Criticizing the sultan in any way is against the law in Brunei and carries with it jail time.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • mim95's Profile Photo

Re: communication options

by mim95 Online Now Aug 1, 2011 at 6:34 AM

Some places have wifi. If you want to use your mobile phone to call or to go on the internet, just buy a local sim card. Make sure your phone is unlocked.

I used Digi a couple of months ago. They had a promotion with a daily maximum of RM 3 for internet, which was a very good deal. It was fast and worked in and out of town, but could be slow at times after you have reached the maximum.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines