Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo

From Tbilisi (GE) to Baku (AZ) by public transport in two days

T'bilisi Aug 30, 2014 at 2:11 AM

Hello,

Which other options do I have to travel from Tbilisi (GE) to Baku (AZ) than the night train? I am looking for a trip by bus, marshrutka or train or a mixture of all these.

In theory I have two days for the trip, so would prefer to stay somewhere interesting in Azerbaijan on the trip. I have read something about the border post at Krasny Most (Red Bridge) between Georgia and Azerbaijan. Still for me it looks like the bus trip from there to Baku is still too long.

Any advice is very much appreciated.

more
    • Marchroutkas & lugage

Georgia Aug 26, 2014 at 2:53 PM

Next week I'll be in Georgia for a couple of weeks and of course I will visit the country side.

Therefore I'll use the "Marchroutkas" . Of course I need to take some lugage with me. But what is the most indicated : Soft travel bag, or ?. Can lugage be stored easely at the marchroutkas or do we have to keep it on our knees ?

more
    • What after Tbilisi ?

Georgia Aug 19, 2014 at 3:19 PM

Begin september I'll stay for 7 days in Tbllisi. So far so good. But after I'll stay 8 days more to discover the country. I'm not interested in hiking. Soneone has sugestions ? Thanks

more
    • MartaiMarek's Profile Photo

1 / 2 day trekking near of Tibilisi

Georgia Sep 9, 2014 at 10:53 AM

Hi, on Monday 22nd we will be in Tibilisi and would like to go for some trekking. We need to be back in Tibilisi on Thursday 25th (at about 2 p.m.). Taking the "transfer" into account, we will have 2 days.
      My first thought was to take a car and go to Juta, but the most routes I have found are 1 day one way (so renting a car makes no sense ;) ).
      I was wondering - if we will go to Juta, are there some half-day routes so that we could stay in Juta and just walk around? Or it is better to get somehow to Juta and walk one way to Roshka and then back to Tibilisi? How hard is this route? I have seen description saying "for experienced trekkers", "difficult".
      Maybe if not Juta you could advice us something? It is our second trip to Georgia, but this time with backpacks and no own car ;)

more
    • Phyllis-Omar's Profile Photo

T'bilisi or Batumi

Batumi Sep 1, 2014 at 5:40 AM

We would like to travel to Georgia in October however we couldn't decide which one to pick T'bilisi or Batumi? Which one is nicer and worth travel in terms of cultural heritage, characteristics etc?
      Maybe we should consider both.. In that case what is the best option to travel between those two cities?
      Thank you

more

Near Borjomi