Borden-Carleton

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Best places to experience in tobermory

Tobermory Aug 13, 2015 at 7:43 PM

Planning to be in tobermory for a couple of days. Want to experience the flavour of the place. Please advice of any specific must see, must experience and cannot miss spots. Also, looking for recommendations on any specific cottages which have been memorable for the overnight stay.

more
    • Easy/safe way to a good view of grotto

Tobermory Aug 11, 2015 at 10:39 PM

what is safest way to get to the grotto (having senior citizens along with me)?

Need not go into the grotto. Just view from a distance or top.

Thanks!

more
    • Jennyt123's Profile Photo

2 night trip with 3 year old and 4 month old

Algonquin Provincial Park Aug 11, 2015 at 1:04 PM

Looking for suggestion for a good route/lake to go back country with kids. My husband and I are fairly experienced with canoe and portages but this is our first time with kids. Ideally somewhere with good swimming and sandy/beachy sites that you can walk out and swim. Would like to keep the trip out to a site to 4 hours max....little nervous about taking 4 month old out to middle of nowhere.... They should be fine in canoe for an hour or so....hopefully! Any advice/suggestions welcome! We are going in 2 weeks-August 28-30

more
    • Motoski, Sled dog, trekking in snow shoes - Quebec province - Christmas.. where is snow guaranteed?

Province of Quebec Aug 21, 2015 at 11:49 PM

We are planning to spend our Christmas break in Canada (approx 20- 30 December). We will be flying in and out of Montreal. The plan is to spend in total 2-3 days in Montreal and/or Quebec at the beginning / end of the stay and the rest of the stay in a chalet in the snow.
      We would like to do outings with sled dogs, motoski, trekking with snow shoes, fishing on iced-over lakes etc etc. We are from Europe so this is a once-in-a-lifetime experience for us. So we need snow!!

Where would be the places to go for these activities? where are "guaranteed" to get snow in December?
      We have been liaising with travel agencies and they have provided some suggestions... areas we have been looking at are Mont Tremblant, Sainte Agathe des Monts, Saint Donat de Montcalm, with also one offer near Fjord du Saguenay.... But is that far enough North?
      Thanks for your help!

more
    • walking/hiking trails near Otter Lake

Parry Sound Aug 6, 2015 at 7:35 PM

Where are hiking trails near Otter Lake??

more
    • Kim1966's Profile Photo

Entry to canada

Niagara Falls Aug 27, 2015 at 8:08 AM

Hi we are visiting the falls for a couple of days staying in a hotel on the U.S. Side but want to travel to the Canadian side just for the day,does anyone know what documents we need.
      We are British citizens with esta's.
      Thank you

more
    • videolady12's Profile Photo

Mid October in Quebec

Quebec Aug 22, 2015 at 10:14 AM

My husband and myself will be in Quebec from October 16 through 19. Would like to do a hop on hop off, but see that they do not run that late. Any suggestions on tours for the area at that time of the year.
      Thank you much.
      Nasea

more
    • Airport to Halifax transit

Halifax Aug 22, 2015 at 12:07 AM

What is the best way to travel from Airport to Halifax downtown between 1:00 pm to 6:00 pm on a weekday? I have luggage too.

more
    • Backjack13's Profile Photo

Quidi Vidi village visit or Signal Hill?

St. John's Aug 11, 2015 at 1:24 PM

I don't have tons of time and I want to do it on foot from near the Atlantic Centre

more
    • ericsas's Profile Photo

Transportation to Tiverton

Digby Aug 5, 2015 at 11:19 PM

hi VTers!

We are planning to make a whale watching trip that departs from Tiverton. As we will be there on the weekened the rental car company in Digby is closed so we cant rent a car. What options do we have for going to Tiverton?

Thanks!

more
    • Driving from Toronto to Montreal, ideas on where to stop and seeing the thousand islands?

Province of Ontario Aug 19, 2015 at 2:21 PM

Hi all!

I wrote out a long post but when I submitted it said I had to verify my email and I think I lost the text.

Either way, hello! I've been reading VT for a few weeks now and just signed up.

I had a quick question regarding driving from Toronto to Montreal. I am wondering if anyone has experience on taking the scenic route to view the thousand islands. Do I just travel on the 401 highway all the way to Montreal, or do I have to get off somewhere?

Also, it's a 6-7 hr drive. I'm just wondering if anyone recommends stopping somewhere along the way. Kingston looks like a good idea for a walk and a meal to break down the drive, however it seems like it might be a hassle getting into the city as I'm not too confident in my driving in Canada. (I'm from the UK).

I would appreciate any help on this! Thanks all.

more
    • are there any bead stores in Chinatown?

Montreal Aug 19, 2015 at 9:15 AM

are there any bead stores in Chinatown?

more
    • ericsas's Profile Photo

Currency exchage

Montreal Aug 1, 2015 at 8:47 AM

Hi VTers,

I have seen in warning and dangers that is not recommended to change money at the airport. Any recommendation about where to change USD in the city with good rates?

Thanks!

more
    • Transport goiing to Niagara falls

Niagara Falls Aug 3, 2015 at 11:28 PM

We are flying into Buffalo airport going to Niagara falls Canada side and was wondering what would be the best transport from the airport? Also what is the procedure when crossing the border into Canada, are you pulled over in your vehicle or do you have to enter a building? Do you know how strict and how long it takes to go through? Thank you :)

more
    • Can I traveling from canada to India and back to Canada with US Green Card

Canada Aug 25, 2015 at 1:09 PM

I have US permanent resident card (Green card) and Indian passport, i will be in Canada and I want to board flight from Canada to India and come back to Canada before I come to US.

Do I need any other documents to enter in Canada other than US permanent resident card (Green card) and Indian passport?
      Will there be any issues at airport in India while boarding Canada flight as I don't have Canada visa, I only have US permanent resident card.?

Please let me know.

more
    • Driving rules I should know about?

Canada Aug 19, 2015 at 2:23 PM

Hello all!

I am driving from Toronto to Montreal and will be doing several daytips from Montreal to QC, Ottawa and one place we haven't decided on yet. I am wondering if there are any road rules I should know about eg: turning/not turning right on red lights (I thought a red light way stop and you can't go through it).

Anything at all from anyone who has driven here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

more
    • Questions for British tourists in Canada!

Canada Aug 8, 2015 at 2:13 AM

Hi,

I would really appreciate some help on this topic!

Myself, my Mother and Sister are traveling to Canada for 2 weeks in the coming month. However my Sister will be staying on for a year at a university that she already has a student permit, acceptance etc for.

Visas - I was just wondering do we need any type of visas? I saw an eTA on the Canadian embassy website however that seems to come into effect in 2016. Or do we only need a passport?

Proof of funds - My Sister has all her documents in order, but do I need them too, what about my Mother? I was told that people get interviewed, is this something we should expect? What kind of information should I have at hand?

Car Rental - I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for car rental? I saw some comparison and aggregation sites and it's working out to around £30 or so a day. What do you do about insurance? Purchase the car rental's insurance, or do you get your own? A bit confused about this.

How do you find driving there? I'm guessing I will definitely need a sat-nav (gps), do you pay extra for this?

Would greatly appreciate any response!

Thanks.

more
    • Day trip from Montreal?

Montreal Aug 22, 2015 at 3:13 PM

Hello!

We are in Montreal for 7 nights, spending 3 days here. One day we will be going to QC, and one to Ottawa. I am wondering if there is anywhere anyone recommends visiting for a whole day trip within a few hours drive?

Our French is fairly limited so remote areas may be difficult.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

more