Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• dog friendly hotels

Dieppe Mar 22, 2015 at 3:07 AM

Hi can you recommend a hotel very close to the ferry port that allow dogs

more
    • Telephone and 3G card in paris

Paris Mar 26, 2015 at 10:13 AM

Hello mates, i will be in paris from 2nd April, need to check if we can get the local sim card or 3G for mobile phone, and what all docs are needed and what are the charges like...,please help to guide.

How to stay connected with near and dear one when we are in Paris

Deepak

more
    • Attestation d'accueil info

France Mar 18, 2015 at 2:51 PM

Does anybody know how long it takes for an Attestation d'accueil to be issued? And how long does it take to courier a document from France to Cape Town, SA?

more
    • johnnyboy84

Dinard Mar 17, 2015 at 1:29 PM

Does anyone know how easy it is to get from dinard airport to dinard town centre - is it walkable ?

more
    • Changing trains at the station

Orléans Mar 13, 2015 at 11:01 AM

I'll be arriving from Onzain with just 10 minutes to change to my train for Paris. Will this be easy to do? Thanks

more
    • Verdun to Maastricht best possible way??

France 6 hours ago

What is the best way to get to Maastricht either by bus or train ,and  without to many changes as have bags.

Thanks

more
    • Bienvillers Military Cemetery

Arras Mar 24, 2015 at 9:17 PM

I am visiting Northern France in October this year and plan to visit my Gret Grandfathers Grave at the Bienvillers Military Cemetery and i was was wondering if there was a bus service to the village of Bienvillers.

Regards

D.Johnson

more
    • Affordable Transfort from Toulouse Blagnac airport to Lourdes

Toulouse Mar 19, 2015 at 5:22 AM

We are 6 women from Denmark, first time to travel in Lourdes...
      Our arrival Toulouse Blagnac airport at 5:50pm on March 30, 2015...
      Can somebody please help us WHERE and HOW to get a TRAIN going to LOURDES...
      Thank you so much
      Rosita Andersen

more
    • Rent a scooter (moped) in Colmar.

Colmar Mar 17, 2015 at 1:02 AM

Hi! I plan to trip in Alsace on May, in Colmar i want to rent a scooter for trip to Eguisheim - Kaysersberg - Riquewihr. Tell me please, where could i rent it? maybe adress or web-site ;-)
      Thank you!

more
    • Luggage storage at Orly Airport

Paris Mar 16, 2015 at 9:10 PM

Is there a place to store luggage for a few days at Orly Airport?

more
    • Lorient, France

Lorient Mar 21, 2015 at 11:08 AM

We will be in Lorient (by cruiseship) on Sept. 18. Can someone suggest anything fun to do, interesting, pretty to see etc.? We're open to most anything, but not too interested in history.

more
    • Disneyland Paris

Paris Mar 17, 2015 at 10:44 AM

Hi, Please let me know the best option for DIsneyland Paris - for adults what is interesting and the prices. Thanks.

more
    • train to bayeux

Paris Mar 15, 2015 at 4:25 AM

Do you know on Easter (5 april) can i buy ticket on Paris St.Lazare train station??Is the ticket office is open that time???
      I will go to Bayeux from there!Thanks for your help!!

more
    • Holiday and site seeing tips for Beaune please

Beaune Mar 15, 2015 at 1:09 AM

We are spending a week in Beaune in July 2015. Looking for some good visitor information, ideas that aren't too touristy, names of nice places to eat etc. Don't have a heap to spend but looking to have a fabulous time. Many thanks. Carol

more
    • Bilyana's Profile Photo

Daycares/drop in programs for young kids while on vacation

Nice Mar 10, 2015 at 12:02 AM

Hi everyone,
      We are planning to spend 2 weeks in Nice in August and I'm looking for a possiblity of my kids (4 and 6) being immersed in French language/ culture by spending some time with French speaking kids. They are in French program here in Canada and know basics, and I'm thinking that it would be very benefitial for them to have that exposure ( couple hours a day/ half day or so).
      Is there any drop in programs that you would know of and would recommend.
      Thank you!!!!

more
    • roddersbeere's Profile Photo

Where can I purchase wine to take home

Dieppe Mar 26, 2015 at 10:07 AM

Only here for another day and left it very late to purchase my wine - need real help here, the wife is getting anxious :-)

more
    • coloradopair's Profile Photo

Trip to France in June - traveling from CDG to Briare

Paris Mar 24, 2015 at 2:23 PM

In June my wife and I are going on a barge trip in the Loire Valley. We get on the barge in the town of Briare. As I was searching travel directions from our arrival at CDG it seemed a complicated route ( several trains and walking between several stations just to get from CDG to the Paris train station (gare de Paris-Bercy) that would take us to Briare. Would it be worthwhile (time, cost, less chance of getting lost) to get a cab/car transfer from CDG to gare de Paris-Bercy? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
      Thanks,
      Jim and Barbara

more
    • Visitor info please

Beaune Mar 14, 2015 at 10:24 PM

We are spending a week in July 2015. Looking for some good visitor information, ideas that aren't too touristy, names of nice places to eat etc. Don't have a heap to spend but looking to have a fabulous time. Many thanks. Carol

more
    • Printing Services

Nice Mar 4, 2015 at 1:33 AM

Hello Forum,
      I need to print out a Microsoft Word file. Can anyone suggest a service in Nice which does that? I ask because my poor research skills are preventing me from finding an answer.
      Thank you,
      Ephraim

more
    • magpie_cram's Profile Photo

30th Birthday

Paris Feb 28, 2015 at 11:19 PM

Hello,

My wife will be celebrating her 30th birthday while we are in Paris (6th Oct).

Any ideas for a romantic/once in a lifetime experience I could organise?

Thanks

more
    • mrlane's Profile Photo

HOW TO FIND A TRAVEL MATE

Agde 22 hours ago

I can not find a female travel mate for Cap d'Agde France ASAP (.A clothing optional city)

Is there any web pages that could help me?

more
    • Taxi or Train

Paris Mar 25, 2015 at 1:09 PM

We will be arriving at CDG Airport Paris around 8.15pm on a Saturday night later this year. Our destination is Montmartre, and our accommodation is very close to the Metro. Should we take a cab or use the Metro?

more
    • Car rental in France

France Mar 23, 2015 at 2:17 AM

We'll be renting a car at CDG airport. Will it have the required warning triangle, spare headlight bulbs, high-visibility vests, and breathalyzer kits? What about a first-aid kit (required in Germany, which we'll also be visiting?

Thanks very much.

Cathy

more
    • NadineK5's Profile Photo

Tips on the local cuisine

Strasbourg Mar 21, 2015 at 1:04 AM

We'll be in Strasbourg early May for about two days and would like really like to take the time to explore the city and experience the local cuisine! Which restaurants would be great for us to visit, and what meals/drinks should be tried while in Strasbourg?

more
    • Aussie_Ray's Profile Photo

Pariscityvision.com

Paris Mar 16, 2015 at 11:28 PM

Okay - trying to figure a trip or two out around Paris which I can do online because I will be jumping between Amiens and Paris thus some early planning required. Looked at prices for Monets Garden and Palace Versailles but thought the cost a bit high although 'Skip the Line' and a few other extras but even the Do it Yourself was 49 Euro. I need to compare with the site Travel Guides but the prices advertised by these guys online around what I should expect?

Thanks to all who respond and I find more on this site each day

more
    • Should I stay in Saint Emillion

by AussieScho Online Now Oct 15, 2014 at 4:11 AM

I have four or five days I want to spend in south-west France next May. I am thinking of going to Bordeaux and/or Toulouse but would also like to visit a couple of villages that are not too far away and accessible by bus or train (preferably train) as I won't have a car. Any suggestions re accommodation and attractions not-to-be-missed would also be appreciated.

9 Answers Oct 30, 2014 at 12:13 PM
    • fsulaw's Profile Photo

Question about weather

by fsulaw Online Now Oct 8, 2014 at 5:02 PM

I am considering arrived boat cruise but am not finding sufficient weather info. Would harvest time still be occurring by October 24th and the following week? What would the weather generally be like? Would May be better?
      Thank you,

7 Answers Oct 10, 2014 at 2:01 AM
    • Arriving Le Verdon France Oct 4 Oceania Nautica

by JoAnnPeace Online Now Aug 16, 2014 at 5:35 AM

Is there any way we can secure a guide or car for a day to tour the area wineries at a reasonable cost? The ship has one held for ransom with what they charge!

12 Answers Aug 18, 2014 at 10:51 AM
    • Finding Spirits in Bordeaux

by eewright51 Online Now Jul 15, 2014 at 7:27 AM

Where can one find a store that sells alcoholic beverages other than wines? Specifically, looking to purchase Tanqueray Gin.

7 Answers Jul 16, 2014 at 1:13 PM
    • Bus/Tram Tickets

by ValMave Online Now Jun 21, 2014 at 9:20 AM

Is it possible to buy a ticket that I can use on both trams and buses that covers the time I will be staying there? (five days)

5 Answers Jun 22, 2014 at 1:45 AM
    • Degustation and Dordogne

by tuille Online Now Jun 1, 2014 at 12:05 AM

Hello travellers
      I will be in Bordeaux for 3 days and wine is one of my top priorites. I have a few questions as i havent yet read anything about the wine tasting procedure there. I know that there are crazily expensive half day tours in Chateaux, but I wonder if this can be done low cost and independently. WHich chateaux would you recommend? Pommerol, St Emilion, Medoc where/? Do we have to book in advance or just show up? My trip will be in June, i suppose hi season...
      One more question: could you indicate the highlights of the Dordogne itinerary from Sarlat la Caneda to Bordeaux?
      Thank you!!

8 Answers Jun 2, 2014 at 6:27 AM
    • car park & tram service.

by redboygym Online Now May 23, 2014 at 6:38 AM

I will be travelling into Bordeaux from Cognac and wish to know which is the best place to park that has a tram service into the city. we would like to spend a long day there and eat in the evening so the car park must have late night entry to get my vehicle.
      Please advise

5 Answers May 23, 2014 at 12:17 PM
    • Bauhinia2002's Profile Photo

Accommodation near vineyards

by Bauhinia2002 Online Now Mar 3, 2014 at 12:07 AM

Hi, we are thinking about staying somewhere in or near a vineyard, anyone has good experience to share? Ideally it is easily accessible from/to Bordeaux airport and convenient in getting in and out of Bordeaux city for a day trip.

Alternatively if we stay in Bordeaux city itself, any recommendation on which vineyard are open to public that we should visit?.

Thanks and regards!

9 Answers Mar 5, 2014 at 2:59 AM
    • SandiM's Profile Photo

Short stop in Bordeaux

by SandiM Online Now Jan 22, 2014 at 6:53 PM

I am coming from Paris on my way to Sarlat and have chosen to spend 3 hours in Bordeaux (i know, it's clearly not enough time). I will step off the train at St Jean station and want to shop for food (chocolate! or other sweets! And small bottles of wine for souvenirs!) and after want to snap a few scenic photos of prominent features of Bordeaux. I will need to make use of public transport or taxis, so I don't think I can take a tour (not in 3 hours anyway). What can you suggest to spend my time wisely enough?

4 Answers Mar 2, 2014 at 2:52 AM
    • Places of interest in and around Sud-Pessac.

by arjun1997 Online Now Oct 14, 2013 at 9:31 PM

I will be in Bordeaux tomorrow and I really want to know what I can check out in and around the Sud-Pessac region since my hotel is located there.

Thanks.

4 Answers Oct 16, 2013 at 1:27 AM
    • videolady12's Profile Photo

Bordeaux to Toulouse via St-Jean du Luz

by videolady12 Online Now Oct 8, 2013 at 4:32 PM

After a cruise we will be flying from Madrid to Bordeaux, then will have 14days before flying out of Toulouse. We are 70 ish and like the smaller towns. Any help for how to adventure between Bordeaux and Toulouse in 14 days...we can lease a car. This will occur in early May 6th....2014.
      Merci pour information

17 Answers Dec 29, 2013 at 2:38 AM
    • Travel into near countryside without a car

by pmart244 Online Now Sep 25, 2013 at 7:15 AM

What are local train and/or bus stops within 1 hr from Bordeaux that are worth visiting?

7 Answers Sep 25, 2013 at 11:19 PM
    • Wine purchase for gift

by bayprince Online Now Aug 5, 2013 at 4:52 PM

Where would I find the best priced / least expensive Merlot or something similar for gifts?

2 Answers Aug 6, 2013 at 6:08 AM
    • shopping

by moneerah Online Now Jul 19, 2013 at 3:05 PM

which is the cheapestmarket for by clothes?

5 Answers Oct 20, 2013 at 8:19 PM
    • Through Bordeaux

by Calderm Online Now Jul 16, 2013 at 10:38 AM

Is there a "best way" through Bordeaux coming in on Autoroute from the North en route to Toulouse?

4 Answers Jul 16, 2013 at 2:19 PM
    • Where can I buy a GPS?

by Wol.Ben Online Now Jun 14, 2013 at 10:54 AM

I am arriving in Bordeaux tomorrow about 12:00 I'd like to buy a GPS to use in France and to take to the UK and use there as well. Does anyone have any suggestions. A place as close to the airport as possible would be great! Thank you :-)

3 Answers Oct 1, 2013 at 8:05 AM
    • Parking

by Scuttybutty Online Now May 20, 2013 at 8:29 AM

Satying just outside (20km) of Bordeaux for 5 days in June. We have a hire car to get round as we are travelling with our one year old and my Mum. The plan is to visit some vineyards and local town like St. Emillion. We do plan to drive into Bordeaux for a day and also perhaps one evening for dinner. Question is parking, I'm sure plenty of you have parked in Bordeaux so I'm looking for most convenient place close enough to the city centre. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

7 Answers May 21, 2013 at 12:25 PM
    • From Bordeaux to Toulouse by bus

by jm1975 Online Now Apr 23, 2013 at 8:59 AM

is there a public bus service between Toulouse and Bordeaux?

4 Answers Apr 26, 2013 at 3:17 AM
    • Tourist office provided 2 days package

by deardeer Online Now Apr 13, 2013 at 8:35 PM

My husband and I are staying in Bordeaux for 3 days. As we have limited budget, are considering to use the tourist office package.
      bordeaux-tourisme.com/uk/pre...

Has anyone tried this? It would be nice if you let me know what their chateau visiting is like. If the visiting tour is not good enough, we will arrange accommodation and separately.

4 Answers Apr 17, 2013 at 8:42 AM
    • louiseks's Profile Photo

nice place just outside bordeaux with good public transport into town

by louiseks Online Now Feb 5, 2013 at 11:46 AM

L.S.
      As i am traveling home from Spain with a friend. We would like to visit the city of Bordeaux but we do not want to drive into Bordeaux. Just outside Bordeaux with private parking and a good connection to Bordeaux center. either with a train or a bus. about 30 minutes. I looked at Libourne. There is one public car park but will that be save.
      Please advise.
      Thank you
      Louise

6 Answers Feb 7, 2013 at 2:45 AM
    • tourist office half day tour or tour on own?

by micmik Online Now Dec 24, 2012 at 9:01 AM

Bordeaux tourist office has a half day tour to st emilion for eur82 per pax. Should I go with that or make my own way there and book our own vineyards instead? 2 of us paying eur164 for half day tour sounds quite steep (not sure if it comes with a guide or just transport to the vineyards)..

9 Answers Dec 31, 2012 at 1:25 PM
    • 4day in Bordeaux

by micmik Online Now Dec 17, 2012 at 12:02 AM

1st time there.. where should we spend the nights - in Bordeaux or the neighbouring chateaus? It seems like there may not be much to do in Bordeaux, so maybe 1 night there and 2 nights in the chateau? Any recommended stay/experience or suggestions?

We are not planning to drive there, so I guess that may make "chateau-hopping" difficult? Or is basing in Bordeaux and joining day-trips our only option?

8 Answers Dec 17, 2012 at 12:25 PM
    • shunra's Profile Photo

Bordeaux or Toulouse

by shunra Online Now Aug 16, 2012 at 2:45 AM

Hello everybody,
      I am ashamed of asking such a silly question, but:
      were you to choose between visiting Bordeaux and visiting Toulouse, which city would you prefer?
      Which city you think is more beautiful, or more interesting, or more fun, or more pleasant to walk through?
      Thanks!

10 Answers Aug 17, 2012 at 10:09 AM
    • 5 days Bordeaux to Mont louis

by bigfella47 Online Now Aug 8, 2012 at 2:59 PM

First time posting to VT. Impressed by breadth of knowledge on this forum so am putting this out to all you french experts. I have 5 days in a car to get from Bordeaux to Mont Louis in the pyrenees.Starting Bordeaux . definitly St Emilion and Toulouse en route...no plan other than relaxation, good food, picnics, riverside sunbathing/swimming, walking around old towns/chateaux, wine tasting etc.Accommodation can vary from simple B/B to 5 star hotels.....location views and ambience the priority.So get thinking mes amis.......will return favour for any visitors to Ireland!!!!

6 Answers Sep 9, 2012 at 11:55 PM
    • Best town or village to stay in close distance to Bordeaux airport

by yaneverknow Online Now Jul 26, 2012 at 2:40 PM

We will be vacationing in th Dordogne region and will have a car . We will be driving from Sarlat and headed towards Bordeaux because we will be flying out from the Bordeaux airport. We do not want to go into Bordeaux city yet we have 2 days to stay in a village or town that would be less then an hour away from the airport? Cn yhou tell us a nice and pretty quiet town to stay in that would be closer to the airport then staying inside the city of Bordeaux ?

3 Answers Jul 27, 2012 at 2:58 AM
    • theatre a bordeaux

by bean4bean4 Online Now Jun 18, 2012 at 6:13 PM

Hello, bonjour

Je désire aller voir une pièce de théâtre entre le 25 juin et le 29juin.
      I would like to buy tickets for a play between June 25th and 29th.

How about Les Salinières? I understand it is summer theater there right now... Although I like comedies, I don't like absurd comedies...
      J'aimerais avoir votre opinion sur la meilleure pièce à voir en théâtre d'été... J'ai fait une recherche sur Internet et je ne trouve que le théâtre des Salinieres. Peut -etre le niveau est très bon, mais je ne connais pas.

J'ai besoin de votre avis pour aller voir du bon théâtre
      I need your advice

Merci

5 Answers Jun 19, 2012 at 2:43 AM
    • West of Bordeaux?

by BlackIsis Online Now May 22, 2012 at 5:14 PM

Hello VT friends, I know you are going to know the answer to this...
      What is the area to the west of Bordeaux like? Its called the Parc Naturel Regional de Gascone. Its marked green on my map which means woodland but what is it like? Worth a detour? What are the beaches/coast like and the towns/villages around the bassin d'arcochon?
      I'm booked for Dordogne, St Emilion and Bordeaux and wondering now whether to head north along the coast or detour to have a look around here.
      Thankyou in advance lovely VT-ists

4 Answers May 23, 2012 at 8:16 AM
    • Where to stay near Bordeaux

by BlackIsis Online Now May 16, 2012 at 3:15 PM

Hi all, 3 weeks in Bordeaux area coming up but not booked anything yet. Please could someone give me some advice on the nicest/most interesting villages to stay, les plus beaux villages de France, in Bordeaux area? Within, say, half an hour to one hour of the city. And the must-see attractions. Thankyou.

11 Answers May 17, 2012 at 3:10 PM
    • Things to do and see in Bordeaux

by chrismiami Online Now Mar 15, 2012 at 11:13 PM

I will be in Bordeaux from March 23 to March 30. I love museums, churches, flea markets and thrift shops. Any suggestions? I will not have a car. Any suggestions for a day trip on public transportation? By the way, I am retired, travelling alone and speak French.

8 Answers Mar 17, 2012 at 11:49 AM
    • Any suggestions of places to travel outside bordeaux.

by tjhugh Online Now Feb 24, 2012 at 10:05 AM

I will be in Bordeaux march 25th through April 6th. I want to visit a few places outside Bordeaux for a few days each. I will be travelling alone. I have heard the pyrenees, biarritz, and dordogne are nice. Any suggestions would be helpful. Tim from Chicago

10 Answers Mar 15, 2012 at 4:12 AM