Bordeaux

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Free parking

Saint-Jean-de-Luz Mar 23, 2014 at 9:37 AM

Is there still free parking at the train station? Even in high season? Thanks!

more
    • SandiM's Profile Photo

Ophorus Tours from Sarlat - choices

Sarlat-la-Canéda Apr 11, 2014 at 5:35 AM

My trip to France is coming up and I have time to make a few modifications. I signed up for a tour with this company from Sarlat for a 1/2 day tour to Rocamadour for 70euros, but I seem to be the only one on the tour so far and Ophorus specifies that if no one else goes on this tour, I must pay for another person (that's fine, i'm ok iwth it). However, I also wanted to see Collonges La Rouge and they offer a private tour (no minimum people) to Collonges la Rouge and Carennac for 280euros (but no Rocamadour). Or, for 380euros (yikes!), I can get a private tour of Collonges la Roughe, CArennac, Rocamadour, and Turenne. I'm a scenic photographer so Rocamadour and CLR really appeal to me but oh, that price! I can do 250euros but 380 seems excessive for an 8 hour tour BUT I will do it if it seems reasonable to those who have been there? Apparently, Ophorus is the only one that does tours in this area, so I'm limited in my options. So, if it comes down to it, would you suggest I do the whole thing, some of it, or stick with Rocamadour? I've kinda got an answer brewing in my head but I wanted some other opinions to hammer down my choice.

more
    • alectrevor's Profile Photo

What is The Negress ?

Biarritz Mar 25, 2014 at 6:04 AM

I see that the rail station in Biarritz is a long way from town centre ,my question is what is the Negress is this a district or a street in centre. ?

more
    • Jobs in Biarritz France

Biarritz Mar 24, 2014 at 5:40 AM

What kind of jobs do the regular people Biarritz have? What is the economy like?

more
    • Altus Poncho

Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port Mar 31, 2014 at 7:40 PM

Is there a outdoor or sporting goods store in SJdPP that sells Altus Poncho rain gear?
      I plan with some friends to walk the camino again in August and the Altus is not available in the U.S. and I wonder if I might find it in St Jean? Thank you.
      Paul

more
    • shunra's Profile Photo

Crossing over the Pyrenees in September

Oloron-Sainte-Marie Apr 9, 2014 at 6:34 AM

Hello everybody.
      Has anybody driven a car through the Col du Somport pass? Was it difficult? Maybe we had better drive through the tunnel? Are there any other possibilities?
      (We will be traveling in September)
      Thanks in advance!

more
    • Bauhinia2002's Profile Photo

Accommodation near vineyards

by Bauhinia2002 Online Now Mar 3, 2014 at 12:07 AM

Hi, we are thinking about staying somewhere in or near a vineyard, anyone has good experience to share? Ideally it is easily accessible from/to Bordeaux airport and convenient in getting in and out of Bordeaux city for a day trip.

Alternatively if we stay in Bordeaux city itself, any recommendation on which vineyard are open to public that we should visit?.

Thanks and regards!

9 Answers Mar 5, 2014 at 2:59 AM
    • SandiM's Profile Photo

Short stop in Bordeaux

by SandiM Online Now Jan 22, 2014 at 6:53 PM

I am coming from Paris on my way to Sarlat and have chosen to spend 3 hours in Bordeaux (i know, it's clearly not enough time). I will step off the train at St Jean station and want to shop for food (chocolate! or other sweets! And small bottles of wine for souvenirs!) and after want to snap a few scenic photos of prominent features of Bordeaux. I will need to make use of public transport or taxis, so I don't think I can take a tour (not in 3 hours anyway). What can you suggest to spend my time wisely enough?

4 Answers Mar 2, 2014 at 2:52 AM
    • Places of interest in and around Sud-Pessac.

by arjun1997 Online Now Oct 14, 2013 at 9:31 PM

I will be in Bordeaux tomorrow and I really want to know what I can check out in and around the Sud-Pessac region since my hotel is located there.

Thanks.

4 Answers Oct 16, 2013 at 1:27 AM
    • videolady12's Profile Photo

Bordeaux to Toulouse via St-Jean du Luz

by videolady12 Online Now Oct 8, 2013 at 4:32 PM

After a cruise we will be flying from Madrid to Bordeaux, then will have 14days before flying out of Toulouse. We are 70 ish and like the smaller towns. Any help for how to adventure between Bordeaux and Toulouse in 14 days...we can lease a car. This will occur in early May 6th....2014.
      Merci pour information

17 Answers Dec 29, 2013 at 2:38 AM
    • Travel into near countryside without a car

by pmart244 Online Now Sep 25, 2013 at 7:15 AM

What are local train and/or bus stops within 1 hr from Bordeaux that are worth visiting?

7 Answers Sep 25, 2013 at 11:19 PM
    • Wine purchase for gift

by bayprince Online Now Aug 5, 2013 at 4:52 PM

Where would I find the best priced / least expensive Merlot or something similar for gifts?

2 Answers Aug 6, 2013 at 6:08 AM
    • shopping

by moneerah Online Now Jul 19, 2013 at 3:05 PM

which is the cheapestmarket for by clothes?

5 Answers Oct 20, 2013 at 8:19 PM
    • Through Bordeaux

by Calderm Online Now Jul 16, 2013 at 10:38 AM

Is there a "best way" through Bordeaux coming in on Autoroute from the North en route to Toulouse?

4 Answers Jul 16, 2013 at 2:19 PM
    • Where can I buy a GPS?

by Wol.Ben Online Now Jun 14, 2013 at 10:54 AM

I am arriving in Bordeaux tomorrow about 12:00 I'd like to buy a GPS to use in France and to take to the UK and use there as well. Does anyone have any suggestions. A place as close to the airport as possible would be great! Thank you :-)

3 Answers Oct 1, 2013 at 8:05 AM
    • Parking

by Scuttybutty Online Now May 20, 2013 at 8:29 AM

Satying just outside (20km) of Bordeaux for 5 days in June. We have a hire car to get round as we are travelling with our one year old and my Mum. The plan is to visit some vineyards and local town like St. Emillion. We do plan to drive into Bordeaux for a day and also perhaps one evening for dinner. Question is parking, I'm sure plenty of you have parked in Bordeaux so I'm looking for most convenient place close enough to the city centre. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

7 Answers May 21, 2013 at 12:25 PM
    • From Bordeaux to Toulouse by bus

by jm1975 Online Now Apr 23, 2013 at 8:59 AM

is there a public bus service between Toulouse and Bordeaux?

4 Answers Apr 26, 2013 at 3:17 AM
    • Tourist office provided 2 days package

by deardeer Online Now Apr 13, 2013 at 8:35 PM

My husband and I are staying in Bordeaux for 3 days. As we have limited budget, are considering to use the tourist office package.
      bordeaux-tourisme.com/uk/pre...

Has anyone tried this? It would be nice if you let me know what their chateau visiting is like. If the visiting tour is not good enough, we will arrange accommodation and separately.

4 Answers Apr 17, 2013 at 8:42 AM
    • louiseks's Profile Photo

nice place just outside bordeaux with good public transport into town

by louiseks Online Now Feb 5, 2013 at 11:46 AM

L.S.
      As i am traveling home from Spain with a friend. We would like to visit the city of Bordeaux but we do not want to drive into Bordeaux. Just outside Bordeaux with private parking and a good connection to Bordeaux center. either with a train or a bus. about 30 minutes. I looked at Libourne. There is one public car park but will that be save.
      Please advise.
      Thank you
      Louise

6 Answers Feb 7, 2013 at 2:45 AM
    • tourist office half day tour or tour on own?

by micmik Online Now Dec 24, 2012 at 9:01 AM

Bordeaux tourist office has a half day tour to st emilion for eur82 per pax. Should I go with that or make my own way there and book our own vineyards instead? 2 of us paying eur164 for half day tour sounds quite steep (not sure if it comes with a guide or just transport to the vineyards)..

9 Answers Dec 31, 2012 at 1:25 PM
    • 4day in Bordeaux

by micmik Online Now Dec 17, 2012 at 12:02 AM

1st time there.. where should we spend the nights - in Bordeaux or the neighbouring chateaus? It seems like there may not be much to do in Bordeaux, so maybe 1 night there and 2 nights in the chateau? Any recommended stay/experience or suggestions?

We are not planning to drive there, so I guess that may make "chateau-hopping" difficult? Or is basing in Bordeaux and joining day-trips our only option?

8 Answers Dec 17, 2012 at 12:25 PM
    • shunra's Profile Photo

Bordeaux or Toulouse

by shunra Online Now Aug 16, 2012 at 2:45 AM

Hello everybody,
      I am ashamed of asking such a silly question, but:
      were you to choose between visiting Bordeaux and visiting Toulouse, which city would you prefer?
      Which city you think is more beautiful, or more interesting, or more fun, or more pleasant to walk through?
      Thanks!

10 Answers Aug 17, 2012 at 10:09 AM
    • 5 days Bordeaux to Mont louis

by bigfella47 Online Now Aug 8, 2012 at 2:59 PM

First time posting to VT. Impressed by breadth of knowledge on this forum so am putting this out to all you french experts. I have 5 days in a car to get from Bordeaux to Mont Louis in the pyrenees.Starting Bordeaux . definitly St Emilion and Toulouse en route...no plan other than relaxation, good food, picnics, riverside sunbathing/swimming, walking around old towns/chateaux, wine tasting etc.Accommodation can vary from simple B/B to 5 star hotels.....location views and ambience the priority.So get thinking mes amis.......will return favour for any visitors to Ireland!!!!

6 Answers Sep 9, 2012 at 11:55 PM
    • Best town or village to stay in close distance to Bordeaux airport

by yaneverknow Online Now Jul 26, 2012 at 2:40 PM

We will be vacationing in th Dordogne region and will have a car . We will be driving from Sarlat and headed towards Bordeaux because we will be flying out from the Bordeaux airport. We do not want to go into Bordeaux city yet we have 2 days to stay in a village or town that would be less then an hour away from the airport? Cn yhou tell us a nice and pretty quiet town to stay in that would be closer to the airport then staying inside the city of Bordeaux ?

3 Answers Jul 27, 2012 at 2:58 AM
    • theatre a bordeaux

by bean4bean4 Online Now Jun 18, 2012 at 6:13 PM

Hello, bonjour

Je désire aller voir une pièce de théâtre entre le 25 juin et le 29juin.
      I would like to buy tickets for a play between June 25th and 29th.

How about Les Salinières? I understand it is summer theater there right now... Although I like comedies, I don't like absurd comedies...
      J'aimerais avoir votre opinion sur la meilleure pièce à voir en théâtre d'été... J'ai fait une recherche sur Internet et je ne trouve que le théâtre des Salinieres. Peut -etre le niveau est très bon, mais je ne connais pas.

J'ai besoin de votre avis pour aller voir du bon théâtre
      I need your advice

Merci

5 Answers Jun 19, 2012 at 2:43 AM
    • West of Bordeaux?

by BlackIsis Online Now May 22, 2012 at 5:14 PM

Hello VT friends, I know you are going to know the answer to this...
      What is the area to the west of Bordeaux like? Its called the Parc Naturel Regional de Gascone. Its marked green on my map which means woodland but what is it like? Worth a detour? What are the beaches/coast like and the towns/villages around the bassin d'arcochon?
      I'm booked for Dordogne, St Emilion and Bordeaux and wondering now whether to head north along the coast or detour to have a look around here.
      Thankyou in advance lovely VT-ists

4 Answers May 23, 2012 at 8:16 AM
    • Where to stay near Bordeaux

by BlackIsis Online Now May 16, 2012 at 3:15 PM

Hi all, 3 weeks in Bordeaux area coming up but not booked anything yet. Please could someone give me some advice on the nicest/most interesting villages to stay, les plus beaux villages de France, in Bordeaux area? Within, say, half an hour to one hour of the city. And the must-see attractions. Thankyou.

11 Answers May 17, 2012 at 3:10 PM
    • Things to do and see in Bordeaux

by chrismiami Online Now Mar 15, 2012 at 11:13 PM

I will be in Bordeaux from March 23 to March 30. I love museums, churches, flea markets and thrift shops. Any suggestions? I will not have a car. Any suggestions for a day trip on public transportation? By the way, I am retired, travelling alone and speak French.

8 Answers Mar 17, 2012 at 11:49 AM
    • Any suggestions of places to travel outside bordeaux.

by tjhugh Online Now Feb 24, 2012 at 10:05 AM

I will be in Bordeaux march 25th through April 6th. I want to visit a few places outside Bordeaux for a few days each. I will be travelling alone. I have heard the pyrenees, biarritz, and dordogne are nice. Any suggestions would be helpful. Tim from Chicago

10 Answers Mar 15, 2012 at 4:12 AM
    • Bus and train journey from Pian Medoc to Arcachon

by scuppernong Online Now Jan 25, 2012 at 3:07 PM

I'm organising a group vineyard visit to Bordeaux(June) by coach from the uk and on one day,(a weekday) the driver will need a rest day. As we may be staying at Pian Medoc, which is on a bus route to Bordeaux, some members of the group may wish to visit Bordeaux, and some might like to travel on to the coast by train or bus. Is this possible, and at what time will the trains and buses stop running?

5 Answers Jan 26, 2012 at 10:57 AM
    • telsoar's Profile Photo

Bordeaux visit 3/12; Supermarkets?

by telsoar Online Now Jan 4, 2012 at 8:25 PM

Hello, I am planning my trip to the lovely city and I will arrive on 3/25/12 which is a Sunday, to stay in a sweet little apartment just east of Place Gambetta. I am looking for a supermarche that is open on Sunday (Dimanche), which may be too much to ask but i would like to stock up on food in the afternoon, and get to relax and make dinner at the apartment, and a petit dejeuner the next morning. Is the Monoprix or Carrefours open even a little on Sundays? Any other ideas? Thanks so much in advance!!!

2 Answers Jan 5, 2012 at 5:33 AM
    • Shopping in Bordeaux

by mira17 Online Now Nov 19, 2011 at 6:04 PM

Hi!
      I've recently moved to an area north of Bordeaux and am surrounded by fields.
      I would like to go shopping for clothes in Bordeaux but although I have looked on the internet, I couldn't find any big department stores (you know the type, with clothes on one floor, furniture, etc. on another).
      Would anyone be able to give me the names of some places? I'm not looking for expensive boutiques...
      I would be most appreciative.
      Many thanks,
      Mira

7 Answers Nov 21, 2011 at 3:58 AM
    • What's a cheap way of getting driven 2hrs north of Bordeaux and back, same day?

by simongrover Online Now Oct 11, 2011 at 5:11 AM

I want to travel from Bordeaux airport 2 hours north, then back later the same day. Is there a good local company or service that would do this cheaply? They'd probably be best waiting for me at the destination till it's time to return. Going this Friday, 14th October 2011

3 Answers May 1, 2013 at 2:47 AM
    • kayrk's Profile Photo

2 day Bordeaux Package

by kayrk Online Now Aug 29, 2011 at 1:04 AM

We are thinking of taking up the 2 day Bordeaux Package in October and wonder whether anybody has tried it. If so, did you stay at a 2, 3 or 4 star hotel? Was the "package" worth the money?

Read more: World Travel Forum

2 Answers Aug 29, 2011 at 3:36 PM
    • Bordeaux in February

by patrington Online Now Apr 2, 2011 at 2:36 PM

Hi

We are looking into travelling to Bordeaux next year in February so just wanted a little bit of advice to see if this is a good time to go,

Normally when we travel we like to spend a few days in the main city we fly into and then travel around the area on the train. What areas/cities or towns would people suggest? We are not worried if it is a small quiet place or tricky to get to we would just like to explore the 'real France'.

We would also like to know if there are any festivals or events going on at this time that we could go and see or take part in.

Thank in advance

3 Answers Apr 3, 2011 at 5:03 AM
    • Looking for places to stay

by aeh1978 Online Now Mar 22, 2011 at 2:27 PM

Hi everyone! I've really enjoyed reading through all these posts. We just got back from a trip through France recently and cannot wait to plan another. Bordeaux was most definitely my favorite place to visit, so when we go back we would most likely spend a lot of time there. While we really enjoyed where we stayed, l and would most definitely consider staying again, we were thinking of trying something different next time. We will probably be taking our kids next time (ages 12 and 14), so we are looking for something that is quite family friendly. Any suggestions? We are not a hundred percent sure on the kids as we aren't sure they'll enjoy it, but we do like the idea. We are thinking of going around the beginning of next year.

Below is a link to the place we stayed. We would be looking at something cost comparable, but maybe a bit more family friendly. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

diytravel.co.uk/Burdigala-Bo...

5 Answers Mar 23, 2011 at 11:33 AM