Boracay Island Travel Answers

change location

Weather in Boracay

by Katipkan123 Online Now Feb 13, 2012 at 1:14 PM

My family and I will be going on vacation to Boracay this coming June 1 to 4, this is our first time and we dont know what kind of weather they will have during this particular days. In the internet some says that May and June is Low season or Habagat season (rainy season and bad weather) . Some says Habagat season will start in June. Is it advisable to move my vacation in May, 1 week before June. Can anyone who experienced travelling to Boracay advice me. Thank you.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • quincey0722's Profile Photo

Re: Weather in Boracay

by quincey0722 Online Now Feb 19, 2012 at 5:58 AM

Yes June is the start of rainy season, school usually starts at 1st week of June and most people are getting ready for school and coming back from their holidays, that is why there are lots of cheap bookings offered aside from the Habagat. Would be better if you plan 1st week of May as there are lots of festivals in the month of May and just to be safe with the weather conditions over the island of Boracay. I won't plan for end of May also as it would be cloudy already and tides at Boracay would start to build up.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • scarletf's Profile Photo

by scarletf Online Now Feb 21, 2012 at 6:01 AM

Since it is your first time in Boracay, it would be better to go there not on a rainy season. Yes, June is the Habagat season where you cannot enjoy swimming because of big waves even if it is not raining. Actually, with the climate change these days, the safest months to go there is from March to mid of May.

• sirenna's Profile Photo

by sirenna Online Now Mar 4, 2012 at 10:20 PM

It really varies from year to year - sometimes raining season kicks in late in June. Last year we hardly even had one at all and the waves were not big. Plenty of people were enjoying swimming. Other years we get bad weather or even a typhoon in May. It's a bit early to tell at this stage but to be on the safe side book in May if you can.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Boracay Island