Bora-Bora

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Best Prices in Bora Bora

by kwalsh1227 Online Now Jan 31, 2013 at 4:02 PM

I have never been to bora bora but plan on taking a vacation with my boyfriend. What is a nice hotel/resort to stay at with a reasonable price?

1 Answer Feb 4, 2013 at 6:34 PM
    • Is Snorkeling on Your Own Safe? And is there any snorkel spots close to my resort Pearl Beach???

by aabramson Online Now Dec 27, 2012 at 1:07 PM

Our Honeymoon is booked and we arrive April 28th at the Pearl Beach Resort on Bora Bora!!! So excited!

It is imperative that I stick to a budget while visiting here because to be honest I couldn't afford to book this trip to begin with! It is a gift from my parents, this Honeymoon vacation of a lifetime, and I am so very thankful! However, I will have a budget of about 2500 US dollars to work with for 2 people! I want to be able to snorkel and do some excursions but everything is so expensive, and while we do have breakfast at our Resort covered, we still have to factor in Lunch and Dinner, which especially at the Pearl is very expensive!

Oh well, I think I can make this work anyways, but I just wanted some advice from you all!

I want to kayak from our resort (Pearl Beach) and snorkel areas I have been researching, but since there are sharks and I'm not an experienced snorkeler I wanted to know if this was getting a little too risky? I figure since all reviews I read say that snorkeling is safe in Bora Bora that this would be okay to do, but most of those reviews are almost always definitely "guided tours."

I hope nobody thinks of my as complaining here either, I am an avid traveler but French Polynesia is the cream of the crop, and the pricetag definitely says a lot about how much people give up to get here! I just don't have that much money and want to be able to get by on some cheaper meals if possible and still be able to do excursions, or at least find out if I can do some of these by myself??

5 Answers Mar 11, 2013 at 9:44 AM
    • CFP exchange rate for american dollar

by jackcarroll Online Now Nov 11, 2012 at 6:31 PM

Having problem understanding the exchange rate. My wife and I will be traveling to BB in Jan 2013 . If the price of an activity is listed as 54.500 CPF, how much is this in american dollars. We have not traveled outside the usa and will be celebrating our 51st anniversary.

5 Answers Nov 12, 2012 at 4:22 PM
    • Bora Bora - Travel from resort to resort

by petes78 Online Now Sep 5, 2012 at 5:50 AM

I am wondering if it is possible to travel around the different resorts and eat at their restuarans? We are straying at the INC Thelasso and would like to eat at other resorts, St Regis and Four Seasons. Is this possible to do???

4 Answers Sep 6, 2012 at 3:32 PM
    • Tour Guides in Bora Bora

by ghanksma Online Now Aug 10, 2012 at 3:29 PM

We are looking for a half day AM BUS tour in Bora Bora on 23 October 2012. Patrick's is fully booked. Do you know of any other reliable tour guides? We will be there on a cruise ship so don't have any flexibility.

10 Answers Nov 16, 2012 at 4:54 PM
    • CDM7's Profile Photo

Cruise 2013

by CDM7 Online Now Jul 10, 2012 at 11:43 AM

We are due to visit Bora Bora on a cruise from the uk.Can anyone recommend a good beach close to the cruise terminal.

8 Answers Jul 11, 2012 at 8:46 PM
    • Exploring by Bike

by chamilton Online Now Jan 13, 2012 at 8:50 AM

In May my husband & I will be spending 3 nights at Moorea followed by 3 nights at Bora Bora. I was wondering if it is possible/feasible to bike both islands. If so do we need to bring bike locks for when we decide to stop in a village & look around (leaving the bike unattended). Any information would be greatly appreciated.

2 Answers Jan 13, 2012 at 12:44 PM
    • Blue Lagoon

by whirley Online Now Dec 26, 2011 at 2:23 PM

Arriving by cruise ship to bora Bora. Can you swim in the lagoon close to the port.

Can yo walk to bloody marys

Can you see enough by foot or what form of transportation is the best. I am trying to avoid costly cruise ship shore tours

8 Answers Jan 3, 2012 at 1:40 PM
    • Leaving to Bora Bora & Tahiti in a week

by mrosac Online Now Oct 7, 2011 at 3:36 PM

Thank you for your quick answers. However, is it true that most local small shops only accept cash?

2 Answers Oct 7, 2011 at 4:31 PM
    • Leaving to Bora Bora & Tahiti in a week

by mrosac Online Now Oct 7, 2011 at 2:51 PM

My husband & I are leaving in a week for Bora Bora & then Tahiti (we will stay there 2 weeks). I'm wondering about the currency and credit cards, what would be the best to take with us. Also, we are stayin in real nice hotels such as the 4 seasons & intercontinental. Do we need to take any transformer/special plugs-in for our computers et. Thanks for your help

3 Answers Oct 7, 2011 at 4:34 PM
    • End of November in Bora Bora

by stacers2828 Online Now Sep 6, 2011 at 10:21 AM

I am hoping to have my honeymoon in Bora Bora at the end of November, but am so thoroughly confused by the weather reports I hear. Can anyone who has actually been there in November let me know what you experienced?
      Thank you!!

3 Answers Feb 11, 2012 at 8:59 AM
    • lovinoz's Profile Photo

Romantic Dinner at Sunset and which Polynesian dinner/show should we book?

by lovinoz Online Now Jul 16, 2011 at 8:02 PM

My husband and I will be celebrating our wedding anniversary in Bora Bora in mid August. We would like to have a nice sunset dinner one night with breathtaking views, yummy food and a price that can be high but not ridiculous by Bora Bora standards.

Can anyone suggest a good place, approximate price range for main course, and approximately what time we should book for to enjoy the view and sunset?

On another evening we'd like to book into one of the Polynesian dinner shows and would appreciate your recommendation of which one is outstanding and the approx price. We will be in Bora Bora for a full week, so we are flexible which day we do the polynesian dinner.

Thanks in advance for any advice, happy travels!

5 Answers Aug 6, 2011 at 12:45 AM
    • P&O Cruise - July 2011

by aydro Online Now Dec 16, 2010 at 12:26 AM

Hi, we have a cruise in July 2011 that will be in Bora Bora.
      We want to do the shark/ray feeding & swimming.
      How much is the tours?

3 Answers Dec 18, 2010 at 7:35 PM
    • Boat Tour

by Daletyler Online Now Aug 8, 2010 at 1:45 PM

We are on a cruise later this year we were thinking of a Outrigger type boat with snorkeling and a lunch do you have any suggestions.

Thanks

2 Answers Aug 8, 2010 at 10:37 PM
    • madcitygirl's Profile Photo

Bora Bora or Island hop

by madcitygirl Online Now Jun 13, 2010 at 9:56 PM

My husband and I are going to Bora Bora in February for our anniversary, and I think we have decided to stay at the Pearl Beach Resort & Spa. Is it best to just stay on Bora Bora for 6 or 7 nights and do a couple of day trips, or would it be better to go to another island and stay for a couple of days as well?

Our plans are to snorkel, swim, sleep in and drink... not necessarily in that order.

Any advice as to island hopping or staying put on Bora Bora is greatly appreciated!

11 Answers Nov 26, 2010 at 5:45 AM
    • shot glass

by carays Online Now Jun 10, 2010 at 4:49 PM

Hi,

was in bora bora a couple years back and purchased a shot glass for my collection, and I broke it.. so looking to get another, does anyone have a name of a souvenier shop that has web access to buy one? please let me know

tks

tito

1 Answer Aug 28, 2013 at 11:21 PM
    • St. Regis / Bora Bora : concerns

by lordart Online Now Mar 14, 2010 at 8:17 PM

I have done a great deal of research on the The St. Regis (bora bora). There were several reviews that were very concerning. Has anyone stayed there before? If you have stayed at The St. Regis, I would love to hear from you. Listed below are some on the issues past visitors have had with the resort.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

1.) On site taxi service from room to point on the resort. What is the
      typical wait time for a taxi?
      2.) Which room should I stay in to avoid the smell and smoke from the
      trash burning site? Will I be given the room I paid for or will I be
      assigned to another room?
      3.) TIMELY butler service with ice, room service, and any other needs we
      may have. How long will it take for butler delivery?
      4.) Will all three restaurants be open between November 7 - 20?
      5.) Do you have functional bicycles available?
      6.) Will you provide water taxi service to the Meridan or Four Season? If
      we choose to eat at one of their restaurants. It is my understanding you
      will not provide service to other resort location for dinning. Please
      confirm your policy?
      7.) Do guest have to pay to use the lounge chairs around or just the
      cabana's?
      8.) will you make the necessary arrangement to move guest to the main
      island in the case of a tsunami? It is my understanding the St. Regis
      Bora Bora was the only hotel in the chain of island that took no
      precautions to protect the safety of their guests.

2 Answers Mar 14, 2010 at 9:10 PM
    • Bora Bora in November

by lordart Online Now Mar 14, 2010 at 11:01 AM

What is the weather like in Bora Bora in November. It looks like it could be rainy?

Any advice on Intercontinental (Nunue) / Four Seasons / St. Regis? Which one is the best.

thanks,

7 Answers Aug 4, 2011 at 7:28 PM
    • Where to stay in Bora Bora

by clwrs Online Now Dec 12, 2009 at 8:11 PM

We are planning on going to Bora Bora in November for our honeymoon. We are planning on staying for 5 nights and would like the VT members' advice and opinions on hotels. We have stayed and quite a few Four Seasons properties and we are thinking about staying there. However, we have 2 different friends that stayed at the St. Regis and said that it was incredible. I have read mixed reviews about both hotels and the things that they are lacking.

Could you please provide some insight as to which property would be preferable and why they would be?

Also how is the weather during November? Some have said that it is not a good time to travel there but others said it was perfect, albeit humid.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

10 Answers Jan 28, 2010 at 12:44 PM
    • Bora Bora Trips

by fosterite Online Now Sep 15, 2009 at 12:39 AM

I arrive from London in Bora Bora on Monday October 5th. I am looking to do some activity's over the next 3 days before departing to Australia. I was wondering what would be the best Island to go and visit other than Tahiti. I was thinking of Moorea. Also what would the best way to get there be, by Boat Plane etc. I am staying at the Novotel on Viatape beach by the pier.

6 Answers Sep 16, 2009 at 11:59 PM
    • Paris / Bora-Bora

by Solkatt Online Now Apr 25, 2009 at 1:10 PM

Hi all!

I've read all those copious postings on Bora-Bora, and now I am really considering going there. However, the comments on the prices are a bit less copious...

I wonder if there's anyone who could advise me on how to plan a budget priced trip to Bora-Bora from Paris. Would be thankful for tips both on how to get there cheap and where to stay.

Thanks!!

6 Answers May 18, 2009 at 9:28 PM
    • Which of these 3 Hotels is best for OWB Honeymoon?

by redheadgrl Online Now Dec 31, 2008 at 12:08 PM

Hi,

Can anyone recommend which is best?

1- InterContinental Resort and Thalasso-Spa Bora Bora (Issue I've heard - No fish/snorkeling?)
      2- Pearl Beach Resort (Issue I've heard - Lots of cockroaches!?)
      3- Le Meridien (Issue I've heard- same cockroach problem and maybe not good snorkeling.)

Thank you so much!

Dara

1 Answer Jan 8, 2009 at 1:04 PM
    • OWB and garden rooms at hotel maitai

by buckeyetravelgirl Online Now Nov 17, 2008 at 6:52 AM

This isn't a honeymoon, just a romantic trip.Are the garden/oceanview rooms nice? Do you hear road noise at night from traffic? Are the OWB decorated the same as the room?

• Bora Bora late January, early February

by jgalek Online Now Oct 28, 2008 at 6:43 PM

Hello! I am looking into a trip for late January or early February. I really want to be on a beautiful beach, so clearly Bora Bora is my #1 choice!

I've read multiple sites saying that January is the rainiest month, but that's all relative. HOW much does is rain in January? If I was in French Polynesia for the last two weeks of January, should I expect my trip to be ruined by the weather, or just for a shower every day?

Thank you for your recommendations!

1 Answer Oct 31, 2008 at 1:55 PM
    • Weather in Bora Bora (end of Nov, beg. of Dec)

by nyctraveler08 Online Now Sep 8, 2008 at 10:06 AM

Hi,

We're going to Bora Bora from Nov. 26th to Dec. 8. From all that I've read, it appears that that is the rainy reason...anyone have any experience over there in Nov? I'm so excited about it and would hate for my trip to get rained out!

7 Answers May 11, 2009 at 9:39 PM
    • How do you rent a scooter or bike in Bora-Bora in advance?

by vickiech Online Now Sep 6, 2008 at 9:23 PM

I am trying to rent a bike or a scooter in advance in Bora Bora.
      Our cruise ship is going to be there only one day (in October), and I want to secure the rental in advance. Thanks for any online info/contacts.

2 Answers Oct 6, 2008 at 11:48 AM
    • waverida1's Profile Photo

Candles as gifts for locals?

by waverida1 Online Now Jan 29, 2008 at 3:14 PM

I've read on this site that candles are hard to come by in Tahiti. My wife and I will be there in June and I was thinking about bringing a few handmade taper candles. Is this still a good idea for gifts for locals?

(I posted this question earlier in a different location but was told I'd be more likely if I posted it here.)

• waverida1's Profile Photo

Getting Around Bora Bora

by waverida1 Online Now Jan 29, 2008 at 11:10 AM

The main island is about 3 miles wide by about 5 miles long (not counting the wavy roads). My wife and I will be staying at the northern tip of the main island so we won't have the luxury of hotel transportation. Is it possible to walk the island? The island is small but I don't know if the curves of the main road double the distance from our place to the touristy spots. I know a car can be rented for 2 hours for around100 but after that 2 hour period, we'd still need a way to get from the rental location to our home.

Any chance there is a place to rent kayaks (especially tandem)? I've been kayaking for 10 years and could easily paddle around the island with a passenger. Any transportation advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

17 Answers Apr 25, 2008 at 4:08 PM
    • LianaY's Profile Photo

Weather in October

by LianaY Online Now Jan 22, 2008 at 2:57 PM

What is the weather in October like? Is there a lot of rain?
      If we are going for 3 weeks, which places besides Bora Bora, Moorea, Tahiti, etc.. should we consider? This is for our honeymoon.

Thanks!

2 Answers Jan 22, 2008 at 3:23 PM
    • bora bora wedding

by fondasue Online Now Nov 19, 2007 at 3:09 PM

I need specifics as to how a wedding ceremony cost (range and what is included) Most popular packages

2 Answers Jan 10, 2008 at 2:09 AM