Bora-Bora

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Tahita, Moorea and Bora Bora - is this possible in one week

by weiskittel Online Now Mar 6, 2014 at 5:23 PM

My husband and I have one week to see Tahiti, Moorea and Bora Bora. Is this possible? Or should we just stick to Tahiti and Moorea? We're arriving in PPT on a Sat. and leaving the next Sat. We have never been to the South Pacific and I don't know when or if we'll ever be back again.

5 Answers Mar 6, 2014 at 5:59 PM
    • travel dates

by foxrivercuda Online Now Feb 18, 2014 at 7:20 AM

Best time of year to go?

3 Answers Feb 18, 2014 at 8:48 AM
    • Cash passports

by joyandlil Online Now Feb 10, 2014 at 6:47 AM

I am going to Bora Bora from the Uk and am lead to believe that I can load one of these cards with sterling and withdraw local currency from an ATM or use for purchases

2 Answers Feb 10, 2014 at 12:55 PM
    • Cash passports

by joyandlil Online Now Feb 10, 2014 at 5:26 AM

Has anyone used a prepaid cash passport either to get money from an ATM or to pay for goods in Bora bora?

1 Answer Feb 10, 2014 at 6:17 AM
    • whats it like

by bmadsen Online Now Feb 5, 2014 at 9:23 AM

what is it like in bora bora what is the 7 funnest things u did thier

2 Answers Feb 5, 2014 at 7:28 PM
    • Is it worth the price?

by KiaKat Online Now Dec 12, 2013 at 7:53 AM

Is staying in Bora Bora worth the cost? i could go to Paris for less.

3 Answers Jan 6, 2014 at 11:38 AM
    • Bora bora Pearl to Vaitape

by diesel0031 Online Now Nov 16, 2013 at 10:55 AM

Hey!!! I was just curious to know how getting to Vaitape from The pearl Works? Also if buying beer in the village is there any issues bringing it back to the hotel?

Thanks Dave

1 Answer Nov 16, 2013 at 11:45 AM
    • I want to know about a place full of natural wonders

by JessiLore Online Now Nov 4, 2013 at 7:38 PM

I want to know about a place full of natural wonders, and I want to know what´s natural variety in Bora Bora?

2 Answers Nov 11, 2013 at 2:22 PM
    • Taha'a or Bora Bora

by JackCraig Online Now Oct 16, 2013 at 12:15 AM

I am not sure whether to stay on Taha'a or Bora Bora.
      They both look amazing however Taha'a looks exclusive and the surrounding water looks better in some photos although it is more expensive for the hotel! Bora Bora looks like more activities and fun but just need some advice.

1 Answer Oct 16, 2013 at 8:13 AM
    • Starwoods Credit Card best option or no?

by jrgorelick Online Now Sep 19, 2013 at 9:10 AM

Trying to balance out rewards from card vs the fee (2.7%) what shoudl I do?

Leaving on Sunday....

4 Answers Sep 19, 2013 at 10:50 AM
    • How long is the ride from Vaitape toHilton Nui ?

by vickyjf44 Online Now Jul 31, 2013 at 7:39 AM

We will like to visit the Hilton Nui, we know we have to take the shuttle boat, but dont know how long will the ride take from Vaitape to Hilton Nui.
      Thanks for your reply

3 Answers Aug 3, 2013 at 2:54 PM
    • Hilton Nui - LA to Tahiti Flight details

by rtd101 Online Now Jul 10, 2013 at 11:53 AM

We are staying at the Hilton Nui and need more info please. What does it cost to use the entertainment consoles on the Air Tahiti flight from LA to Tahiti? What is the cost of any of the in flight meals? What type of snack foods does the store on the main island have? Like chips, pretzels, cupcakes, pastries, trail mix, cookies...?? We have some mobility issues so.... What is the distance from the restaurant to the OWB 104? Has anyone had any luck confirming a specific OWB? Near which OWB is the ice machine? Are there loungers on the beach? I've read conflicting reports so.. can you or can you not empty the mini fridge and use it for your personal items, then replace the stuff before you leave to avoid being charged for it?

2 Answers Jul 10, 2013 at 12:57 PM
    • cheapest flight.

by mitsos19897 Online Now Jun 24, 2013 at 7:22 AM

Hello .. i am greek and i my dream is to go to bora bora but i dont want t spend 5K only for flight.. DO you know if i can go t bora bora from another european country .with cheaper flights? THANKS :)

3 Answers Jun 24, 2013 at 7:48 AM
    • rsgoers's Profile Photo

Sunset at the Royal Estate Terrace, St. Regis Hotel Bora Bora

by rsgoers Online Now Jun 18, 2013 at 5:40 PM

Has anyone watched the sunset from the Royal Estate Terrace in Bora Bora? What is it like? Is it casual and would I be able to walk around freely and take pictures? How is the food?

• Calling Home

by papayaman Online Now Apr 21, 2013 at 6:08 PM

How did you previous visitors to Bora Bora call Home?
      I lilve in California and have Smart Phone service with AT&T.

I am told that our Hotel will have WiFi.

Will Google Voice work - calling from Bora Bora to California?

2 Answers Apr 22, 2013 at 12:03 AM
    • Virtual Tourist Flag

by papayaman Online Now Apr 20, 2013 at 3:22 PM

How do I get a Virtual Tourist Flag to take along on my vacation?

2 Answers Apr 20, 2013 at 7:59 PM
    • Drinking Water

by papayaman Online Now Apr 20, 2013 at 3:18 PM

Any guidelines on Drinking Water? Should I stick to bottled water only. Should I avoid Ice in any beverage?

1 Answer Apr 20, 2013 at 4:19 PM
    • Electrical Plug Adaptor

by papayaman Online Now Apr 20, 2013 at 3:13 PM

What type of Electrical Plug Adaptor should I bring to Bora Bora. I have read that the Hotels provide them, but I want to bring one just in case.

4 Answers Apr 21, 2013 at 10:56 AM
    • Excursions

by reedbellon Online Now Mar 26, 2013 at 2:32 PM

Should I book excursions before I leave for the islands or should I wait and do it through my hotel?

4 Answers Mar 28, 2013 at 11:55 AM
    • IC Le Moana OWB horizon bungalows

by oasab Online Now Mar 13, 2013 at 1:29 AM

Hi,

Does anyone have a map with the OWB at the IC Le Moana? I would be interested on a map that shows the bungalow numbers. The ones I could find on the internet show only the bungalow disposal, but not their numbers.
      We have booked an OWB horizon, any room tips?
      Thanks!

• Currency exchange

by oasab Online Now Mar 12, 2013 at 12:51 AM

Hi,
      we are planning to go to Bora Bora end of July. Since we prefer to pay cash in restaurants, shops, etc, could anyone tell me where is the best to exchange our money? Should we do it in Tahiti, before arriving to the island? I am thinking maybe the exchange rate on the island is not as good.
      Thanks in advance!

3 Answers Mar 13, 2013 at 8:48 AM
    • Check-In Baggage Weight Limit

by papayaman Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 5:21 PM

Our Air Tahiti Nui flight from and to California has a one bag weight allowance of 50 lbs per passenger. The Air Tahiti Interisland flight has a check-in bag weight limit of 44 lbs. I am told that our bags will be transferred to Air Tahiti once we land in Papeete so there should be no issue going to Bora Bora if we are between 50 and 44 lbs.
      What about on the going home flight? If we are over 44 lbs when we check-in with Air Tahiti in Bora Bora, will we be penalized or does that fact that we are connecting to an International Flight give us the 50 lbs allowance with no penalty. We would like to do a little shopping in Bora Bora.

5 Answers Mar 12, 2013 at 2:14 PM
    • Papeete Airport Procedure

by papayaman Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 2:07 PM

When we return home to the U.S. from Bora Bora we will of course be connecting to our U.S. flight via Papeete.
      Will our checked bags with Air Tahiti be transferred to our Air Tahiti Nui flight automatically at Papeete? We will have to check-in with Air Tahiti Nui in Papeete - will we still be in the Secure Zone or do we leave the Secure Zone to check-in at the Air Tahiti Nui Ticket counter to get our boarding passes , go through Security again and then go to our departure gate?

2 Answers Mar 11, 2013 at 2:16 PM
    • Air Tahiti Interisland

by papayaman Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 1:57 PM

We are flying into Tahiti via Air Tahiti Nui and then taking Air Tahiti Interisland flight to Bora Bora. Are the carry-on restrictions for Air Tahiti (Interisland) at one bag at no more than 6.6 pounds for real? Any way to get around this?

2 Answers Mar 11, 2013 at 2:15 PM
    • Getting Around Bora Bora

by papayaman Online Now Mar 10, 2013 at 10:00 PM

My wife and I will be staying at Le Meridien Resort. How do we get to the Viatape area once we are dropped off by the Resort Shuttle Boat? What is the best way to get around the Main Island for shopping and sightseeing. We know that our Resort will be able to make dinner reservations and the Restaurant will pick us up.

5 Answers Mar 11, 2013 at 1:53 PM
    • Le Meridian Resort

by papayaman Online Now Mar 3, 2013 at 2:15 PM

Is this a good choice without going too high end? Do they have meal plans and how is the Internet access and phone service for calling back to the United States?

2 Answers Mar 11, 2013 at 2:08 PM
    • Best Prices in Bora Bora

by kwalsh1227 Online Now Jan 31, 2013 at 4:02 PM

I have never been to bora bora but plan on taking a vacation with my boyfriend. What is a nice hotel/resort to stay at with a reasonable price?

1 Answer Feb 4, 2013 at 6:34 PM
    • Is Snorkeling on Your Own Safe? And is there any snorkel spots close to my resort Pearl Beach???

by aabramson Online Now Dec 27, 2012 at 1:07 PM

Our Honeymoon is booked and we arrive April 28th at the Pearl Beach Resort on Bora Bora!!! So excited!

It is imperative that I stick to a budget while visiting here because to be honest I couldn't afford to book this trip to begin with! It is a gift from my parents, this Honeymoon vacation of a lifetime, and I am so very thankful! However, I will have a budget of about 2500 US dollars to work with for 2 people! I want to be able to snorkel and do some excursions but everything is so expensive, and while we do have breakfast at our Resort covered, we still have to factor in Lunch and Dinner, which especially at the Pearl is very expensive!

Oh well, I think I can make this work anyways, but I just wanted some advice from you all!

I want to kayak from our resort (Pearl Beach) and snorkel areas I have been researching, but since there are sharks and I'm not an experienced snorkeler I wanted to know if this was getting a little too risky? I figure since all reviews I read say that snorkeling is safe in Bora Bora that this would be okay to do, but most of those reviews are almost always definitely "guided tours."

I hope nobody thinks of my as complaining here either, I am an avid traveler but French Polynesia is the cream of the crop, and the pricetag definitely says a lot about how much people give up to get here! I just don't have that much money and want to be able to get by on some cheaper meals if possible and still be able to do excursions, or at least find out if I can do some of these by myself??

5 Answers Mar 11, 2013 at 9:44 AM
    • CFP exchange rate for american dollar

by jackcarroll Online Now Nov 11, 2012 at 6:31 PM

Having problem understanding the exchange rate. My wife and I will be traveling to BB in Jan 2013 . If the price of an activity is listed as 54.500 CPF, how much is this in american dollars. We have not traveled outside the usa and will be celebrating our 51st anniversary.

5 Answers Nov 12, 2012 at 4:22 PM
    • Bora Bora - Travel from resort to resort

by petes78 Online Now Sep 5, 2012 at 5:50 AM

I am wondering if it is possible to travel around the different resorts and eat at their restuarans? We are straying at the INC Thelasso and would like to eat at other resorts, St Regis and Four Seasons. Is this possible to do???

4 Answers Sep 6, 2012 at 3:32 PM