Bora-Bora Travel Answers

change location

Bora Bora in November

by lordart Online Now Mar 14, 2010 at 11:01 AM

What is the weather like in Bora Bora in November. It looks like it could be rainy?

Any advice on Intercontinental (Nunue) / Four Seasons / St. Regis? Which one is the best.

thanks,

Quote & Answer
7 Answers
  • xymmot's Profile Photo

Re: Bora Bora in November

by xymmot Online Now Mar 14, 2010 at 12:10 PM

Weather in Bora Bora is a constant hot about 85 degrees since it is close to the equator. Nov thru March is the summer months which has the most rainfall and humidity. Best time is the winter months with the least risk of a storm. You won't go wrong with any of the four star rated resorts you pick , they will always be the best, so any of them will accomendate and pamper you. You won't go wrong.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Kakapo2's Profile Photo

by Kakapo2 Online Now Mar 14, 2010 at 4:31 PM

Weather questions is already answered.

And the hotels, two of them (Four Seasons and St. Regis) are located on the outlying motu(= narrow longish islands surrounding the main island), so they are more idyllic but you need boat transfers to do any activities on the main island. If you only want to relax and roast they would be perfect.

The Intercontinental chain has two hotels on Bora Bora but I do not know of any in Nunue. There is only one a few kilometres further south at Matira (Matira Point). This is Le Moana. I quite liked this beach, it was brilliant. Have not stayed at the hotel. It also has overwater bungalows. But as it is located on the main beach it might not be as paradise-like as the onces located on a motu.

The other Intercontinental is the Thalasso & Spa and located on a motu.

• Re: Bora Bora in November

by lordart Online Now Mar 14, 2010 at 8:09 PM

We are spending 6 days at the intercontential on the main island. The second half of the trip will be spent at either St. Regis or Four Season. However, I read trip advisor and St. Regis does not look good at all.

by lordart Online Now Mar 14, 2010 at 8:11 PM

I know that you can not go wrong with a four star resort. Have you stayed at either resort?

by Kakapo2 Online Now Mar 15, 2010 at 5:41 PM

No, sorry, I slept on a cruise ship. That was cheaper ;-))))

by gemstar76 Online Now Jul 14, 2011 at 2:59 AM

Anytime is a good time for bora bora, well anytime is a good time for a holiay :-) However most of the rain falls between Nov - April. So i would sugest after May, the weather is still warm, in the 30's. However the trade winds are arounds all year, but thats not too bad. theres more info on borabora-tahiti.com/Tahiti-W...

by Kakapo2 Online Now Aug 4, 2011 at 7:28 PM

Just coming back from Bora Bora, I can tell you that you cannot trust the weather averages :-)

It was the only one of the Society Islands where it was raining, and on one day it rained about six times over shortish periods, a lot of grey sky and strong wind. Other travellers told me this had been going on for several days - and this was the dry season.

Perfect weather on Maupiti (seems to be the driest island), Raiatea, Moorea and Tahiti (just some cloud in the mountains).

But what disturbed me most in Bora Bora (my second visit) was the unfriendliness of the people, no-one seemed to be interested in giving good service. There were surely exceptions but the general atmosphere was not nice at all. BB is like an arrogant beauty queen. Well and truly lovely people in the other islands.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines