Bora-Bora Travel Answers

change location

Where to stay in Bora Bora

by clwrs Online Now Dec 12, 2009 at 8:11 PM

We are planning on going to Bora Bora in November for our honeymoon. We are planning on staying for 5 nights and would like the VT members' advice and opinions on hotels. We have stayed and quite a few Four Seasons properties and we are thinking about staying there. However, we have 2 different friends that stayed at the St. Regis and said that it was incredible. I have read mixed reviews about both hotels and the things that they are lacking.

Could you please provide some insight as to which property would be preferable and why they would be?

Also how is the weather during November? Some have said that it is not a good time to travel there but others said it was perfect, albeit humid.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

Quote & Answer
10 Answers
  • Odinnthor's Profile Photo

Re: Where to stay in Bora Bora

by Odinnthor Online Now Dec 12, 2009 at 9:52 PM

It is pretty hard to go wrong at any of the five star properties in Bora Bora. Having fronted several five star tours to Tahiti in general and Bora Bora in particular, - I usually stayed at the Sofitel Bora Bora. Exquisite!. Both the Four Seasons and the St Regis are great as well. Have not stayed at either, but have done the VIP tour of both. Some consider the Intercontinental better than the Four Seasons, but we are really splitting hairs here(As a 5 star Tour Director, both were eager to show me the properties). Obviously I saw nothing that could be considered detrimental, but overall I cannot see that you can go wrong in either.

Check with TripAdvisor for reviews of each property, - it may give you a better idea of which one to pick. Here is the TripAdvisor page for the Sofitel:

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserRevi...

Here is a site that shows you all the five star properties. Consider that some are actually four, and four and a half stars. This is basically based on the fact that they are not in a traditional hotel as such. However they have all the services of a five star property. Good luck, and enjoy this beautiful island.

fivestaralliance.com/luxury-...

Hope this helps in your decision.....d:o)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Kakapo2's Profile Photo

by Kakapo2 Online Now Dec 13, 2009 at 1:23 PM

I would put some thought into the things you want to do on Bora Bora. If you only want to roast on the beach it does not matter if you are on the main island or one of the outlying motu (where for example the St. Regis and the Four Seasons are located).

If you plan touring the island or even hike up Mt. Pahia, if you want to check out the WW2 structures or go shopping in Vaitape, it would be a bit of a hassle to always commute between the motu and the island. In this case I would consider staying at one of the hotels in the south of the main island, which would be around Matira Beach. This surely is the main tourist area but also has the best beaches. Or you split your stay for total honeymoon relaxation and indulgence on a motu and activities on the main island.

• skyeangel07's Profile Photo

by skyeangel07 Online Now Jan 27, 2010 at 8:51 AM

I will be staying at the Intercontinental Hotel in Bora Bora and Tahiti next month. I will let you know what I think of those when I get back =)

• Re: Where to stay in Bora Bora

by clwrs Online Now Jan 27, 2010 at 9:09 AM

Thank you so much. I hope you enjoy it and I look forward to hearing about it.

• Re: Where to stay in Bora Bora

by clwrs Online Now Jan 27, 2010 at 9:12 AM

Thank you for your help and advice. We actually just booked the St Regis and we are really excited to be going there.

Do you have any suggestions for areas to visit on the motu? Are there a lot of secluded beaches/parts of the lagoon that are secluded that would be fun for a day away from the resort to just sit on the sand?

What other pointers might you have for the area?

by Kakapo2 Online Now Jan 27, 2010 at 11:04 AM

I am sure Odinnthor will be able to tell you more.

I have not stayed on that motu but on the map I see another beach symbol near the northern end of the motu (the St. Regis is near the southern end). This is several kilometres away. Not a lot more to do on the motu. I would take the boat shuttle and get to the main island, if you are looking for more activities.

by Odinnthor Online Now Jan 27, 2010 at 11:33 AM

Actually Kakapo2, is pretty much on the money here. The northern end of Motu is somewhat more secluded but not by much. Like Kakapo said the island is pretty much for relaxing and being somewhat pampered.

She was also right in here previouis response regarding more activities on the main island, although a lot more touristy. The beaches there ARE better but they are full of people.

Kakapo2, responds frequently to South Seas quieries, and she does know of what she speaks. Best I can do is to complement her responses with perhaps a slightly altered point of view.

by Kakapo2 Online Now Jan 27, 2010 at 8:06 PM

Erik, I was on Bora Bora in June, so quite a busy month. Went sunbathing and swimming at Matira Beach, and although a big cruise ship was anchoring the beach was not crowded at all - despite the fact that this is the main island's best and therefore most popular beach. I was pleasantly surprised.

Once out of this area we were more or less alone on the road. (We cycled around the island.)

by Odinnthor Online Now Jan 27, 2010 at 10:51 PM

Sounds perfect Sissi, - nothing like a relaxing time in BB ....eh?....d:o)

• skyeangel07's Profile Photo

by skyeangel07 Online Now Jan 28, 2010 at 12:44 PM

Thanks so much!! I will be in touch and definitely have some pictures to show you

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines