Bora-Bora Travel Answers

change location

a day in Bora Bora

by celebrityp Online Now Sep 5, 2007 at 6:03 PM

Our cruise ship docks in Bora Bora for 1 day, as we are doing the Swimming with Sharks thing on Moorea we thought we would hire a car and drive around Bora Bora in the morning then find a good beach to swim and snorkel from in the afternoon, my question is:- which would be a good beach for us to go to which would be close to where the ships tenders come in? Also, as we drive around is there anything we "should not" miss.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Agraichen's Profile Photo

Re: a day in Bora Bora

by Agraichen Online Now Sep 5, 2007 at 8:40 PM

Well you'll "see" the island in short term if you use a car. BB is not that large. Scooter might be better, or just get one of those open air electric, almost golf cart types.

Bloody Mary's is a good walk from where the ship tenders (to the right as you hit the street from the dock). Just past there is the Bora Bora Hotel. Semi ignore the sign that it is for guests only. Just wander in and ask for a rental schedule as you are from the ship and looking for places to stay next time you come back.

The restarurant should you decide to check it out is expensive even by my terms (NYC and SF are cheap by comparison).

On Moorea, if you're interested in Pearls, I suggest Moorea Black Pearl on the left just before town, but better yet, Woody's Carvings and Pearls on the right. It's just a bit of a "grass shack" but the last time over he gave us a great deal mostly because we spent 3 hours helping him sort the pearls he'd just brought back from his farms.

Still he has some of the best quality for the price in the islands. AND there is no sales pressure.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Sergeyu's Profile Photo

Re: a day in Bora Bora

by Sergeyu Online Now Nov 9, 2007 at 9:19 AM

Bora Bora is not a beach detsination but lagoon detsination ,thsi means it has almost no beaches, and to get to snorekelling you need to do it from boat.

To my opinion the ebst beach is other side of Interconinetal Le Moana.

The best thing what to do on French polynesian islands for one day, is just to take lagoon tour - every island is different, you'll get funny picnic lunch, stop at snorekliing points, swim with ray, and , yes, again, will have , shark feeding show - hopefully it will be slightly another than on Moorea :)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines