Bora-Bora Travel Answers

change location

Excursions

by reedbellon Online Now Mar 26, 2013 at 2:32 PM

Should I book excursions before I leave for the islands or should I wait and do it through my hotel?

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Usctwin's Profile Photo

Re: Excursions

by Usctwin Online Now Mar 26, 2013 at 2:47 PM

If you do it before you leave and on your own, it will be cheaper. What excursions are you looking to book? I would be happy to make recommendations or you can check out the excursions that I did, which I would highly recommend.

"Bora Bora Honeymoon in Paradise" - Bora-Bora by Usctwin

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • scuba44's Profile Photo

by scuba44 Online Now Mar 27, 2013 at 11:41 AM

Some excursions are cheaper if booked in advance and not through the hotel and some are the same price. I recommend seeing if you can get your hotel's excursion price list and comparing it with prices on websites. Then choose accordingly. I know for sure that the ATV excursion on moorea was cheaper booking it directly with tour operator than through the Hilton.

• Re: Excursions

by reedbellon Online Now Mar 28, 2013 at 11:36 AM

Usctwin wrote:
    If you do it before you leave and on your own, it will be cheaper. What excursions are you looking to book? I would be happy to make recommendations or you can check out the excursions that I did, which I would highly recommend.

"Bora Bora Honeymoon in Paradise" - Bora-Bora by Usctwin

Usctwin -  I looked at your blog and got alot of great ideas from it.  I even contacted the Lagoon Service you suggested.  I think we are going to try and do a 4x4 excursion as well as a jet ski excursion.  Would you suggest any companies on either Bora Bora or Moorea to go through?  Also do you think it's better to have a guide for a hike or do it alone?

• Usctwin's Profile Photo

by Usctwin Online Now Mar 28, 2013 at 11:55 AM

Hi, great, glad I could help! We didn't do any hikes, but when we asked about it on Bora Bora, we were told that you need to hire a guide. Legally, they don't allow you to hike alone, at least in the areas that we were interested. And with a guide, from what I understand, they will talk to you about the fauna, the land, and the history, so it's probably a better experience anyway.

For Jet Skiing, we went with Matira Jet Tours although we booked that through our travel agent. Here's the review and photos. "Jet Ski around Bora Bora" - Excursion Tip by Usctwin When we arrived on Bora Bora in the morning, this was the first thing that we did and it was a great way to get acquainted with the Island. We haven't been to Moorea yet, so I don't have any tips for you, but hopefully soon!

We also didn't do 4x4 so I don't have any reccos for you there.

YOU WILL LOVE THE LAGOON EXPERIENCE! It was our absolute favorite day!!!

Have a blast!!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines