Boquete

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Hair salon

Panamá City Nov 10, 2014 at 4:15 PM

Hi looking for a hair salon for keratin treatment in Panama City. Any recommendations? Approximate cost?

more
    • car rental insurance

Panamá City Nov 5, 2014 at 11:48 AM

Wanting to rent a car at main airport. Want to use my USD gold visa to cover liability. Only want basic coverage. My bank says card will do. Does anyone know the exact rules for Panama car insurance. Nn to know what to expect, speak a little Spanish but don't want to pay USD26 for insurance. Thx.

more
    • travelmad478's Profile Photo

Solo trip to Panama: rent a car or not?

Panama Oct 30, 2014 at 8:21 AM

I will be in Panama for about 8-9 days in January. My main interest is in birding and other nature-y stuff, for which I would like to get away from Panama City for most of the trip. I am contemplating renting a car to drive around the countryside and get to more distant destinations that are difficult to reach by public transit, but I wonder if this is wise (I drove in Costa Rica in 2006 and many roads were utterly horrendous). Money is not a big concern, but freedom, safety, and convenience are.

My other question is whether 8-9 days is enough time to get to 3 destinations in Panama, or should I be less ambitious? The good sites seem to be Soberania NP, Chiriqui/Volcan Baru, and Darien--although Darien might be tough to do in this short time frame. I am considering Soberania, somewhere around Volcan Baru, and a last "R&R" stop in Bocas del Toro.

Any comments or suggestions would be welcome!

more
    • Is a 5 hour transit in Panama enough to visit?

Panamá City Nov 17, 2014 at 5:39 PM

Hello everybody!

I'm going back from Cuba soon through Panama city airport. I'll arrive to Panama on a Tuesday at 6.24PM, and my flight takes off at 11.52PM. Therefore I was wondering if that would leave me enough time to get out of the airport and have a look. I'd love to see the canal and a bit of Panama city, which I heard is beautiful.

Another question: as a French citizen am I required to have a visa or something to get out?

Thank you ;)

Romain

more
    • How many days to see it all???

by rentjapan Online Now Jun 21, 2014 at 12:15 AM

Will be traveling with two small children and want to know will they have fun and how many days should I stay until we move on to Bocas Del Toro?

Thank you

• Reess's Profile Photo

Travel to find a place to live and retire actively

by Reess Online Now Apr 11, 2005 at 9:37 AM

Hello,

French couple (I am retired and Chantal is a artist). After 5 years spent in the USA (Pacific) we are looking for a new place where we can spend most of our time. We have been advised to look at Panama and I am presently planning our first visit in June (Costa Rica and Panama) learn about teh countries, meet Englsih speaking people and see if we can schedule to buy a propery (House or flat).

We read many books and surfed Internet to get as many information as possible about Panama but we will be very interested to get some direct feeling and information from people like you having some experience.

We both speak English and of course, we will definitely learn to speak Spanish if we decide to settle in a Spanish speaking country. As we did before we will look for a place where we could have a social life as well as contacts with local people and other "english speaking expats".

If you decide to help us the main questions you will be very kind to answer.... are:

- We will certainly wait for a while before becoming residents and we will not stay more than 90 days each time BUT: Is it possible to leave....for only one week or two and come back?
      - Is it easy to learn Spanish where you live?
      - What means exactly the wet season? Just heavy rain for some short time and sunny most of the time or awful days or weeks when it happens.
      - When the langage barrier is broken, is it easy to have contacts with local residents?
      - We do no look for any extra luxury so is it better to look for a flat or "condo" or for a house or villa, having in mind that we will travel from time to time and leave the place unoccupied. We can consider to live some miles away from the beach and other touristic places (Some 20 minutes away for example will be fine).
      - Did you buy your furniture and car or did you move most of it from .....
      - Would you advise us to look first for places not to far from some large city to avoid to feel lost and unsecure in the country side.
      - Compared to your life in.... are you able to get everything you need (Food, clothes...) at reasonnable prices.
      - How about cost of electricity, telephone calls, petrol, car...?
      - What about Internet communcation and satellite TV (US or british channels).

I am looking for an active time during my retirement and Chantal who sold quite well her art (Original as well as high quality reproductions*) when in the USA would be keen to keep painting and complete her range of subjects. Is it possible to stay active (Sport, safe swimming, gardenig, safe local travel, benevol help, club activities...) and is the local art business active as well.

I am aware of the long list of questions but if you can answer some, we will be very happy.

In any case thank you for your help

Maurice and Chantal

* (Incidently, if you want you may have a look at her "Pastel" and "oils" in visiting her web site www.chantelleart.com ).

1 Answer Apr 18, 2005 at 4:54 PM
    • 2bagman's Profile Photo

travel/home rental in Boquette, Panama

by 2bagman Online Now Mar 19, 2004 at 5:36 PM

I am currently living about 20 minutes NE of Grecia, Costa Rica. I have traveled to Panama on several occasions and am considering moving to Boquette for several months to see how I like it there. Would it be better to wait until the rainy season, assuming there are "snowbirds" leaving Boquette during that time of year and more homes available and possibly even a house sit? Warmest regards, Bill

2 Answers Nov 29, 2006 at 7:15 PM