Boppard

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• cuckoo clocks

by anniem1 Online Now Jan 26, 2014 at 5:07 AM

i am looking to buy a cuckoo clock while i am in the rhine valley in february as any one got idea how much they are please thank you

1 Answer Jan 26, 2014 at 5:24 AM
    • Clothing Store in Boppard

by GmaBop Online Now Nov 1, 2013 at 7:55 AM

We had just an hour to eat our lunch and "window shop" in Boppard prior to departing on our Rhine River Cruise to St. Goar and I saw the prettiest lacy knit pullover vests and scarves on sale outside a store just south of the square. The town was dismantling their Oktoberfest stage/decorations and sidewalk sales were being held (Oct. 7). Does anyone know the name of this store and other contact information? I should have purchased one of these vests that day, for I didn't see anything nearly that pretty the entire remainder of our Euro tour.

2 Answers Apr 20, 2014 at 10:34 AM
    • KD cruise to Rudesheim

by Anniewel Online Now Oct 6, 2013 at 3:41 PM

Is it possible to take a day cruise out of Boppard, down to Rudesheim in late October?

1 Answer Oct 6, 2013 at 5:15 PM
    • ClassicalWalker's Profile Photo

Leaving Our Luggage

by ClassicalWalker Online Now Feb 4, 2013 at 11:08 PM

We (an active senior couple) will be travelling by KD Rhine boat from Bingen to Koblenz late in April. We would love to break the boat trip with a few hours ashore in Boppard. Trouble is ... we will be travelling with our holiday luggage.
      Can you suggest where we might be able to leave our suitcases safely (near the landing place), while we explore on foot?
      Alternatively, can you suggest a place where we might enjoy lunch and then leave our bags?
      Best Wishes from Australia!
      Ken and Liz.

2 Answers Apr 3, 2014 at 3:25 AM
    • mrsfigg's Profile Photo

Travelling by train to Boppard from Koblenz. How far is the walk to the Rhine Promenade?

by mrsfigg Online Now Aug 11, 2012 at 4:26 AM

I am not sure if I need to take a taxi to my hotel or whether I can walk from Boppard raiway station. It is the hotel Rheinlust near the autofÀhre. It looks fairly close on the map but I can't see how to cross the main road by the station.
      Thank you.

2 Answers Aug 13, 2012 at 1:25 AM
    • Souvenir Shop in Boppard

by virginia4ten Online Now Jan 10, 2008 at 12:02 PM

I know the shop in Boppard you are talking about and am seeking a website to purchase more gifts from him. If anyone knows how to contact them, preferably on-line, I would be ever so grateful!

1 Answer Jan 10, 2008 at 10:44 PM
    • Not so much a question.......!

by AnthonyDavies Online Now Sep 28, 2007 at 7:44 AM

Hi!
      This is not so much a question - more of a thank you!
      On a recent visit to Boppard I was unfortunate enough to lose my wallet containing cash and credit card. I didn't realise until I was back at my hotel about 25kms away! After a frantic search of my room I had to ring the UK to cancel my credit card. I returned to Boppard that evening for a firework display and decided to retrace my steps in case my wallet had been found. There is an eis kiosk on the Rheinallee where I had earlier bought a couple of ice-creams. On explaining my loss in very poor German and some English the young lady in the kiosk became extremely animated. It turned out that she had found my wallet and handed it in to her employer at the Eis Cafe and Piccolo Snack Bar where I was finally reunited with it! Thank you for your honesty and kindness! If anyone from the area can pass on my thanks to the young lady I would be most grateful!

Tony Davies

4 Answers Dec 1, 2007 at 2:25 PM
    • Kamp Bornhofen and area

by fizzytom Online Now Jan 22, 2007 at 1:21 AM

We are travelling to Germany next week and have been told our hotel is likely to be at Kamp Bornhofen, near Boppard. What is this place like? Are there any restauarants and bars? Is there a train station or bus station from where we could travel to Bonn or Koln?

Thanks for your help

• WrenUSA's Profile Photo

Skateboarding in Rheinland

by WrenUSA Online Now Mar 14, 2005 at 9:27 AM

Hello..

I am taking my 13 year old on an European trip in late May and early June.. We are flying from Atlanta Georgia USA to Amsterdan, staying there a few days and then going by train to Belgium and into Germany.. We will be staying for a few days in Boppard, and will be trying to see as much of the Reinland area as possible.. My 13 year old is a skateboarder and he is taking his board with him. He wants to skate in Europe. Is there any place to skate in the Boppard and Rheinland area? Also what are the laws or locals rules concerning street skating there? Is it allowed at all, if so where? Also he would love to hook up with some local skaters, does anyone know where they might hang out in the area?? I want him to have a great trip, but don't want any problems with the local law officials, because we don't know the rules or law. any suggestions or comments would be appreciated..

Thanks
      Renee

6 Answers Apr 3, 2014 at 3:40 AM
    • aussiecouple's Profile Photo

Day trip to Boppard

by aussiecouple Online Now Feb 24, 2005 at 6:37 PM

WeI am thinking of taking a day trip by train to Boppard from Frankfurt in July. Will we have time to cruise from Boppard and St Goar and return on the Rhine and also take the chairlift ride? Is the chairlift far from the railway station?

4 Answers Feb 28, 2005 at 12:05 PM