Boppard Travel Answers

change location

Not so much a question.......!

by AnthonyDavies Online Now Sep 28, 2007 at 7:44 AM

Hi!
This is not so much a question - more of a thank you!
On a recent visit to Boppard I was unfortunate enough to lose my wallet containing cash and credit card. I didn't realise until I was back at my hotel about 25kms away! After a frantic search of my room I had to ring the UK to cancel my credit card. I returned to Boppard that evening for a firework display and decided to retrace my steps in case my wallet had been found. There is an eis kiosk on the Rheinallee where I had earlier bought a couple of ice-creams. On explaining my loss in very poor German and some English the young lady in the kiosk became extremely animated. It turned out that she had found my wallet and handed it in to her employer at the Eis Cafe and Piccolo Snack Bar where I was finally reunited with it! Thank you for your honesty and kindness! If anyone from the area can pass on my thanks to the young lady I would be most grateful!

Tony Davies

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Re: Not so much a question.......!

by Mariajoy Online Now Sep 28, 2007 at 7:58 AM

Hi, I started reading your posting because I saw Boppard in the title - I was there a couple of years ago and it was a really nice - but all too brief - visit. It's great to hear good news like this.. that there are good, helpful and honest people out there and that you were fortunate to be reunited with your wallet! I hope someone will be able to pass your thanks on for you! :))

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer

by AnthonyDavies Online Now Sep 29, 2007 at 4:08 PM

Thanks Maria! I really love this area - everyone is so helpful and friendly and places like Boppard, Cochem, and Rhudesheim are fantastic. I hope to spend more time here in the future.

Tony

• Rhondaj's Profile Photo

Re: Not so much a question.......!

by Rhondaj Online Now Oct 5, 2007 at 4:07 AM

Hello!
    We had a great time in all those towns too! My husband wanted a german license plate handmade. Someone told him it could be made in Boppard. Not a tourist place, but from a man who works out of his home in a residential area. Off we go. We ladies browse around town while hubby, his only german consisting of 'bier', set off on his mission. By time we met up again, he had his license plate and a fun story of all the nice folks of boppard who helped him get it done!

by andrew2347 Online Now Dec 1, 2007 at 2:25 PM

My family and i have bin visiting Boppard over the last 20 yrs, making it a starting pont for touring the Hunsruck and the Taunus, i would be happy to answr any queries re this town and area.

1 member found this helpful

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines