Boothbay Harbor

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Opening days gift shops

York Beach 2 hours ago

When do most of the gift shops in York open? Joan's Beach and Gift especially.

more
    • Hotel Advice Appreciated

Bar Harbor 4 hours ago

We're a family of five planning on visiting Bar Harbor at the end of June. Just wondering if you have any advice out of these three hotels (or another recommendation): Bayview, Atlantic Eeryie Lodge, and Bar Harbor Grand Hotel? Any experience with any of these?

more
    • Aussies driving Portland to Boston

Maine Mar 28, 2014 at 10:52 PM

We arrive in Portland around lunchtime 13th May and want to drive to Boston for the 16th May (to give us a day or so to explore Boston). Any suggestions of routes, towns to explore, must experience/do, foodie delights would be greatly appreciated.

more
    • marksenior's Profile Photo

The most decent and delightful place in Maine

Maine Apr 4, 2014 at 4:53 AM

Hello members, As I am planning for a spring vacation trip to Maine,USA so I am curious to know that is the atmosphere their is decent and delighful? What are your views on this?

more
    • Overwhelmed!

Bangor Apr 4, 2014 at 11:32 AM

I will be arriving in Bangor Tuesday, April 15th. My husband will be there working in Baileyville since the 10th and will continue thru the 17th. I will be on my own for 2 days. I have looked at all the websites on Bangor and am overwhelmed at all there is to do. We will be staying at the Hilton Garden Inn on Haskell Rd. What would be the best for me to do on my own for a couple days?
      thanks!
      iris downey

more
    • Boothbay Harbor, ME

by dpnatale Online Now Aug 21, 2010 at 5:04 AM

Taking a trip to Boothbay Harbor. Accuweather calls for rain the first day we get there. What can we do there if it rains?? Thanks!

2 Answers Mar 12, 2012 at 1:45 PM
    • EPTraveler's Profile Photo

Monhegan Island Lodging

by EPTraveler Online Now Jul 18, 2007 at 6:42 AM

We are thinking about heading out for a night on Monhegan Island. Can anyone make a lodging recommendation?

Also, we are thinking about staying at the Topside Inn for our first night in Boothbay. It appears to be on the pricey side, but the view looks fantastic. Are there any other options for Boothbay that are as scenic for less money?

Lastly, can anyone make a lodging recommendation in the Camden area? Ideally, we have a vision of a room on a cliff with the ocean crashing down below us. As close to this fantasy as we can get would be terrific. If such a place exists on the middle coast, other than the Camden area, we would be open to that too.

Thank you!

• EPTraveler's Profile Photo

Boothbay as a home base?

by EPTraveler Online Now Jun 7, 2007 at 1:51 PM

We are planning a trip to Boothbay Harbor early this fall, mid-Sept and will be in the area for 4 nights. Could anyone suggest some coastal destination(s) for an alternative night or two stay that are scenic and interesting outside of Boothbay? We will have a car. If possible, we would like to avoid the more touristy areas (Bar Harbor, from the sound of it) and concentrate on the famed rugged coast or anything else scenic that is recommended. On the flip side, if there is a strong argument to spend our entire time in Boothbay, I'd like to know that also. It is our first visit to the area and we are really looking forward to it.

Thank you VTr's in advance.

Joel

2 Answers Jun 22, 2007 at 9:55 AM
    • Parents 50th wedding anniversary

by 3ringcircus Online Now Feb 4, 2005 at 6:38 AM

I am planning their trip to Maine in August (their anniversary). I am "packaging" the trip as a gift. They aren't very active, so the emphasis will be on beautiful views. Any opinions about the Lobster Festival in Rockland? I was considering a hotel stay in Boothbay Harbor because it is mid-way between Rockland for the festival and Freeport for shopping. Any recommendations for a place with fantastic views, not too stuffy-but not too loud either, with a restaurant and pool? Any opinions about Linekin Bay Resort? Also, any other suggestions for whale watching tours? Clambakes? Any other suggestions for low exertion outings? Since this is their 50th wedding anniversary gift from their children, I'm feeling the pressure to "make it perfect". Thank you! Return to the Maine forum home page

2 Answers Feb 5, 2005 at 1:51 PM
    • Boothbay Harbor, Maine

by gelsey Online Now Sep 17, 2003 at 8:43 PM

I'm planning a trip to Boothbay Harbor, Maine this summer-mainly to go on the Puffin cruise. I will fly to Portland from NYC. Does anyone know how I could get from Portland to Boothbay Harbor? Is it absolutely necessary to have a car to get around? I'd prefer not to drive, but will if I have to. Thanks. (Also, has anyone gone on the Puffin cruise?)

3 Answers May 16, 2004 at 6:15 PM