Boone Travel Answers

change location

Boone North Carolina

by jaug1108 Online Now Jan 21, 2003 at 10:02 AM

Can anyone tell me what are some good sites to see in Boone? I am staying at Graystone Lodge Also some reasonable price places to eat and also drink :)

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • pulgaron's Profile Photo

Re: Boone North Carolina

by pulgaron Online Now Jan 21, 2003 at 11:54 AM

Your stomach will love to see this place. Is the Daniel Boone Restaurant. Simple but tasty food and all you can eat. They serve most things in cooking pots. For example the soup. It is brought to you in a cooking pot, and it is repeated if you want more. Make sure you try the biscuits and ham. Uhhmmmm good. The fried chicken comes in buckets, yes, buckets, and it keeps coming till you say uncle. The desserts are to die for. The whole meal is one price and the service is mountain darling little old lady type. They are so friendly and cute. I can't tell you where this place is other that is in Boone, towards the north end of town. Ask anyone, the place is regionally famous. Go early, there are always lines. Enjoy.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • FreeCloud's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Boone North Carolina

by FreeCloud Online Now Jan 21, 2003 at 12:14 PM

Anywhere near the Univ.

• soccergrrl's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Boone North Carolina

by soccergrrl Online Now Jan 21, 2003 at 12:26 PM

The Blowing Rock is a bit kitschy, but the scenery is great. The town of Blowing Rock is nice, too. Drive along the Blue Ridge Parkway and stop at any towns, overlooks, etc. that catch your fancy. Depending on your time, a day in Chimney Rock is worthwhile (see my North Carolina pages for some other ideas). Pappy's BBQ in Banner Elk is fab.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines