Bonn

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Private Tour Guides

Münster Apr 14, 2014 at 1:36 PM

We are looking for a private tour guide for a four hour tour of Munster and want to know if you can recommend someone. Thanks.

more
    • REICHSWALD FOREST WAR CEMETERY

Kleve Mar 30, 2014 at 6:19 AM

I would like to visit this cemetery. I live in uk but don't now how I go about getting there.. I would fly can anyone help plz

more
    • Dusseldorf from paris

Düsseldorf Apr 14, 2014 at 2:02 PM

I will be in paris for 4 nights ,plannig to visit dussedorf for 1 day by train ,is it possible & back at night to paris ,is there direct train to cdg airport ,thank u

more
    • GuilhermeM's Profile Photo

Fastest way to arrive till Lufthansa check-in balcony at Düsseldorf Airport.

Düsseldorf Apr 21, 2014 at 5:14 PM

Friends, I need to go from Amsterdam Central Station to Düsseldorf Airport to take a plane that leaves at 13h40 (Lufthansa - till Munchen). My initial plan was taking an ICE train that arrives in Düsseldorf Hbf at 12h46, then taking the S11 till the Airport, after 17min of transfer time, arriving at 13h15 on the Dusseldorf Flughafen Terminal. This is what the webpage www.bahn.de sugested. But I am worried about the time, cause I wonder that I need to arrive 30 minutes before the plane leaves. So, I tried to found some alternatives. For example: I can exit of the train in Duisburg Hbf, at 12h32, then, after 10min of transfer time, taking another train (RE) till Dusseldorf Flughafen Station, arriving at 12h49. The site mentions that there is a 4 min walk till Flughafen Bahnhof, than a 6min ride till Terminal C (with Schw-B). In this case, I'll arrive at 13h, earning precious 15 minutes. But I'm still worried abouth the time of printing tickets, conditions of this walking, etc... Another way that I imagine was taking a taxi from Duisburg Hbf (12h32) or Düsseldorf Hbf (12h46), but I don't know the conditions of the routes and I'm worried about the traffic at launch time. But I discovered that the taxis can arrive till the entrance of Terminal... So, WHAT CAN I DO? Please, don't say that is impossible... This answer is not valid...kkkkk. Greetings from Brazil.

more
    • Invited Guests?

by Scott007700 Online Now Jan 3, 2014 at 7:38 AM

I am witing to seek advice regarding a proposed visit to Germany.

My wife has been researching and and writing a scholarly biography of a WWII German fighter pilot who later became the initial postwar Director of Personnel for the reconstituted German Air Force (with the apparent approval of the US). My wife has corresponded with this person's son (and other relatives) and obtained some information and impressions for her biography.

Last year the son and his wife invited us to visit and stay with them in their home in Germany. We thought they were merely being polite. We thanked them for their offer and said that because of our jobs and finances we could not visit until at least 2014. The son has just recently corresponded again and reiterated the offer saying we promised to visit in 2014.

They are quite formal as they are both members of the aristocracy and he is a retired federal justice on what I will call the German Supreme Court for Patent and Trademark matters. We think we will be in a position to accept the offer and would like to go. While we have been to Germany and Austria a couple of times in the past, we have never been anyone's house guests. My wife reads and writes German and can speak the language fairly well. However, I only know a few phrases.

Do you think they are just being polite or is the offer genuine? Should be go and stay in a hotel or is that impolite given their offer? Additionally, are there any cultural things we should be aware of if we do visit as their houseguests? Are there any do's and don'ts we should know about?

8 Answers Jan 3, 2014 at 10:49 AM
    • Name of castle

by robertshaeff Online Now Dec 27, 2013 at 2:16 PM

What is the castle on the hillside near Grand Steigenberger Hotel

1 Answer Dec 27, 2013 at 3:09 PM
    • Bonn to Heimerzheim

by azbg1 Online Now Nov 28, 2013 at 8:43 PM

How might we get from Bonn to Heimerzheim without a car?
      We are attending a wedding next year but do not plan to rent a car.
      Is there a bus we can take?

4 Answers Nov 29, 2013 at 3:46 PM
    • CatherineReichardt's Profile Photo

Recommendation for a central pub/restaurant for a mini meet

by CatherineReichardt Online Now Jun 5, 2012 at 3:59 AM

Hi
      My knowledge of pubs and restaurants in the Bonn area is soemwhat outdated, so I'm looking for a recommendation for a pub or restaurant in the Bonn area where we can host a VT 'mini meet'.
      Our requirements are that it's fairly central, affordable and serves good unpretentious food washed down with good wine and ice cold Koelsch!
      If anyone is interested in joining us, you're welcome to sign up to the meet on the Meetings page.
      Regards
      Cathy

10 Answers Jun 12, 2012 at 12:16 AM
    • Room

by JOEL14 Online Now Jun 21, 2011 at 4:30 AM

Hello!

I am a graduate master student from Kiev, Ukraine and I will doing a journalistic internship in Bonn during 3 month since September till the end of November 2011 in Bonn. I'm looking for a room to rent for this 3 months. The office is situated at Heussalle/Museumsmeile metro station (Kurt-Schumacher-Straße 3), so it would great to live somewhere in that district or nearby.

I would be glad to share an apartment or a house together with other students.
      If you need a roommate for this period of time or know someone who does, could you please recommend. Any tips concerning finding the accomodation would be appreciated.

Thanks!

3 Answers Sep 2, 2011 at 1:29 AM
    • Pijlmans's Profile Photo

Hiking near Bonn

by Pijlmans Online Now Feb 13, 2011 at 12:24 AM

Hello,

I will be going to Bonn for work at the end of February (Wednesday-Thursday) and will stay a few extra days (Friday-Sunday) for pleasure.

Besides visiting some sights in Bonn and Koln I would like to go out into the nature one day for a short hike if the weather allows. Maybe 10 km or a bit more.

Can somebody recommend some well-marked and/or well-described routes? I'll go by car so transport won't be a problem.

If you know of any especially nice tours of Bonn or Koln or other suggestions, that info is appreciated too...

Thanks,
      Dennis

12 Answers Mar 21, 2011 at 10:15 AM
    • alectrevor's Profile Photo

Funicular ?

by alectrevor Online Now Nov 24, 2010 at 7:00 AM

I seem to remember being told about a funicular up a cliff in Bonn Germany, but now i can not find information about it.Please is there a funicular,if so where. Thanks.

2 Answers Nov 25, 2010 at 5:53 AM
    • Bonn-Cologne cheapes tway

by kali2317 Online Now Oct 14, 2010 at 10:59 AM

My question is kind of obvious one, but I've searched a bit over the internet and i god no luck. Whitch would be the cheapest wat to get from Bonn to Cologne?
      I know the buss is about 6.7, but, as the bahn site does't mention it, i have no ideea of how much a local train would cost. Can someone help me?

Thanks in advance.

2 Answers Oct 14, 2010 at 2:29 PM
    • Riverview's Profile Photo

Day for seniors

by Riverview Online Now May 2, 2010 at 7:53 PM

We are two seniors with only one day in Bonn. Is there a museum or a botanical garden that you could recommend? Antiques, shopping area? Can anyone recommend a shop where I can buy table linens, household goods, kitchen stuff?? Any recommendations are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

5 Answers May 3, 2010 at 8:14 PM
    • Clubs in Bonn or Koeln?

by wanttodance Online Now Nov 2, 2009 at 5:12 AM

Hello,
      Are there any clubs in Bonn or Koeln where you can really dance. Where it's not like a pub, but with a dance floor and really good club music. (not just techno and house but good dancing music???)

• Hostel on Bergstrasse or nearby

by karina1617 Online Now Oct 18, 2009 at 6:54 PM

Hello,

I will be visiting Bonn for a few days in early November and am trying to find a cheap hostel to stay in. The address I need to be close to is Bergstrasse 126.
      Can someone suggest a hostel in the area?

Thank you very much!

4 Answers Oct 19, 2009 at 2:05 AM
    • Need a single room within a house such as family owned guesthouse for 6days

by juliena Online Now Apr 18, 2009 at 9:26 AM

From April 23rd through April 29th, I will be staying in Bonn for a seminar. I need very cheap single room to stay such as rooms owned by private. Maximum price I can afford is25/night.
      Public bus for long distance is an option.
      thanks

1 Answer Apr 18, 2009 at 10:51 PM
    • boocik04's Profile Photo

Accommodation in Bonn

by boocik04 Online Now Mar 7, 2009 at 10:54 AM

Hello, VTers :-)

I will be attending a 3-day conference at the World Conference Centre Bonn (WCCB) on the 31st March and would like to know of any hotels nearby. Anything ranging below 100 Euros a night would be wonderful.

It would be great if the location is nearby the WCCB so that I would be able to walk there as I do not want to waste time waiting for the public transport.

I've checked out a few hotels on the net and found several such as Zur Post Hotel, Europa Hotel & Consul Hotel but I do not know if they are near the WCCB.

I hope someone could help me soon as the conference is just in 3 weeks time :-O!

Thank you.

4 Answers Mar 8, 2009 at 9:45 AM
    • europetraveller61's Profile Photo

Nena concert in Bonn

by europetraveller61 Online Now Jul 3, 2008 at 4:25 AM

We are travelling to Germany from Australia in August and have booked tickets for Nena in concert in Bonn on 31st August. Is anyone else going to this concert or been to one before? My partner is a huge fan (she can speak German but I can't) Any idea where the venue will be in Bonn?...our tickets are still in the mail.

2 Answers Jul 4, 2008 at 4:39 AM
    • Soviet Bar

by ShopCart Online Now Jun 14, 2008 at 10:35 PM

I lived in Bonn a couple of years ago, and my friends and I used to visit a bar that was across the street from the Bonnsch that was called something like the Soviet, or something like that. It was a great bar, and they had a beer that came in a white can that we refered to as a "Weisse Bar" that I haven't been able to find anywhere else. Has anyone been there? Does anyone know what it that beer is called? Thanks.

3 Answers Jun 16, 2008 at 11:38 PM
    • from bonn to neatherlands

by zweisvet Online Now Apr 27, 2008 at 11:40 AM

Hi,

I wanted to ask if one could go to the neatherlands/holland for say a day from bonn? is there any place that one could visit there, near the border perhaps?

Appreciate your response!!

thanks!

3 Answers May 6, 2008 at 11:26 AM
    • EwuraEfua's Profile Photo

Travel directions needed for a first-time visitor

by EwuraEfua Online Now Apr 22, 2008 at 5:27 PM

Does any one have any ideas on how to get from Bonn Main station to Hotel Garni Jacob?

Thanks

1 Answer Apr 22, 2008 at 11:42 PM
    • shigehiro's Profile Photo

Königswinter/ Stieldorf

by shigehiro Online Now Nov 4, 2007 at 8:08 PM

Can someone here enlighten me about 'Königswinter/ Stieldorf' area in Rhein side of Bonn?

Is it a preferable area to live? What I mean: does the area provide a convenient facility for grocery shopping, safety wise, and convenient to move around the Bonn?

From my knowledge so far, they have bus Line. 537 that goes all the way from Stieldorf to Bonn Hauptbahnhof.

Any insights or comments are welcomed.

Thanks.

14 Answers Nov 6, 2007 at 8:16 AM

Chinatown in Bonn?

by shigehiro Online Now Nov 1, 2007 at 6:50 PM

I am just wondering, is there any Chinatown in Bonn?
      =P

5 Answers Nov 5, 2007 at 6:01 PM

Monthly pass?

by shigehiro Online Now Nov 1, 2007 at 1:34 AM

Can anyone down here help me?

I would like to purchase 1 month ticket during my stay in Bonn and I came across this website:

stadtwerke-bonn.de/Tickets_T...

I would like to have a pass that I can use to commute within Bonn area, either by streetcar, bus or underground.
      In that case, what kind of pass should I purchase?
      Is CityTicket 1b a good choice?
      What is the difference between CityTicket and CityPlusTicket? and between 1a and 1b category?

Thanks!

3 Answers Nov 1, 2007 at 4:59 AM
    • Agatho's Profile Photo

ERASMUS student for April 2oo8

by Agatho Online Now Sep 12, 2007 at 2:00 PM

Hello.
      Is there anyone who could give some tips for an international sudent in Bonn? I would enjoy mostly some information about the student dorms (because this is the heaviest burden for me now). Thank you very much. :)
      Bye

1 Answer Sep 18, 2007 at 3:00 AM
    • 1985 museum exhibit

by pofbc Online Now Jul 27, 2007 at 2:08 AM

I visited a mueseum in Bonn ( I believe) in 1985. I remember a King Tut exhibit as well as a snake exhibit. The snake was in a long glass case. It had apparently died while consuming a large wild boar.

My question is- do I have the correct museum, or is it a different one. I was only 12 years old at the time, so it is difficult to remember.

Thank you for your time.
      Sincerely,

Michelle

1 Answer Jul 27, 2007 at 3:01 AM
    • HELP! How to get from rail station to KD Rhine dock?

by giggles36kd Online Now Jan 4, 2007 at 8:57 AM

Anyone know the quickest way to get from rail station to the dock? I appreciate any help. :)

3 Answers Jan 5, 2007 at 12:46 AM

by giggles36kd Online Now Jan 4, 2007 at 8:23 AM

Anyone know the quickest way to get from rail station to the dock? I appreciate any help. :)

by giggles36kd Online Now Jan 4, 2007 at 7:40 AM

• RhineRoll's Profile Photo

VT Meeting 27-29 Discussion Thread

by RhineRoll Online Now Jul 31, 2006 at 2:16 PM

Hello all To-Be Participants and everybody else who's interested in coming!
      This is a thread to discuss issues of the meeting.

I thought for all those early birds, I might already post some hotel recommendations:

Youth Hostel Bonn (elevated standard, also family and single rooms)
      djh-rheinland.org/jh/bonn/en...
      -- inexpensive, excellent value for money, on a hill about 3 km from the city centre (bus connection, taxi to/from city centre will be about 15 EUR)

Hotel Burg Dottendorf
      burgdottendorf.de/indexeg.ht...
      -- small and very neat, prices about average

Hotel Garni Jacobs
      -- inexpensive, compareable to a British guesthouse
      http://www.hotel-jacobs-garni.de/
      also appartments available

146 Answers Nov 8, 2006 at 2:33 AM
    • lavnya's Profile Photo

Hallo-Arrival in Bonn-June erste woche

by lavnya Online Now May 7, 2006 at 7:53 AM

Hallo,
      I'll be on an official trip to Germany and will be in Bonn in the first week of June. First time in Germany and travelling alone-any tips?
      The only advantage i can think of right now is that I can speak and read/write Deutsch a bit.
      Is it easy for me to travel to Jena by ICE?
      Any precautions?

Thanks lavanya

5 Answers Jun 26, 2006 at 8:15 AM
    • Mass

by tracys2cents Online Now Aug 1, 2005 at 12:39 PM

Does anyone know, or know where I can find the information about Catholic Mass in Bonn? We are looking for the closest church to BeethovenHaus. Danke!

2 Answers Sep 8, 2005 at 8:35 PM
    • babar_1's Profile Photo

Bonn in October

by babar_1 Online Now Jun 15, 2005 at 7:06 AM

I shall be visiting Bonn during 2nd week of October.I was in Bonn 2 years ago in May, but I could'nt explore the city fully.

1. What about weather during October. Do I need warn cloths?

2. Are there any hiking tracks around ..... pl. give me the locations and other details.

3. Night life?.... at affordable cost.

4. Any other tip from an insider?

Thanks a lot
      babar

2 Answers May 8, 2006 at 6:30 PM
    • hostels /renting a place

by petinya Online Now Mar 19, 2005 at 4:45 AM

hey guys!
      i will be doing an internship in bonn for the month of april. if you can help me with suggestions on cheap hostel rates or info on how to rent a place once i get there, it would be awesome.
      Thanks
      Petinya